1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 21:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That's all well and good but who is being driven to extinction right now? What does your vaulted superiority in brain shrinkage do to stop that?

If they go extinct and I for one surely hope not, who is the superior species?
    Without God's help we'll all be extinct someday.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 21:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    Citation, please.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Oldest_living_thing
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 22:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'm not fixated on the human brain but as one who see's the many, many problems with life "just happening" and with little tidbits of info that we find out about humans as opposed to the rest of the creatures on this planet, it just raises another red flag as to the problems with evoluton being anything close to a fact.
    And no flaw with the design of m ...[text shortened]... oyal to him, we would be in the physical and mental conditions we were originaly created in.
    You're deflecting. My second paragraph above directly addressed the issue you brought to the table at the beginning of this thread. What I said, in effect, is there is no "red flag," as you put it, concerning brain shrinkage in relation to evolution. Even if you wanted to invoke a god to explain everything, you'd be stuck trying to explain why god gave apes brains that didn't shrink and man brains that did.

The fact that you find the idea of life "just happening" troubling and find solace in believing in a god who "just is" is, really, another matter altogether.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 22:21
    The word "brain" isn't even on that page. Anywhere.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 22:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 22:47
    That's a silly platitude.

Can I ask you a question? What do you think of the saying, "God helps them that help themselves"? Do you think it's Biblical?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 22:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's a silly platitude.

Can I ask you a question? What do you think of the saying, "God helps them that help themselves"? Do you think it's Biblical?
    So you really believe that man can keep on doing what he's doing and not pay a price?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 23:03
    That citation appears to be entirely irrelevant.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 23:03
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    You're deflecting. My second paragraph above directly addressed the issue you brought to the table at the beginning of this thread. What I said, in effect, is there is no "red flag," as you put it, concerning brain shrinkage in relation to evolution. Even if you wanted to invoke a god to explain everything, you'd be stuck trying to explain why god gave ...[text shortened]... find solace in believing in a god who "just is" is, really, another matter altogether.
    A God and someone who is much smarter then you or any human is capable of dreaming, is where I put my faith on why we exist. Man can't even get the stupid money crises in the country solved much less trying to explain how we came to be from some pond scum.
    But getting back to the topic on this thread, evolution in one of it's many forms says we did come from apes even if you deny that yourself. I know we didn't but the question again is why do humans have this shrinkage when no other life forms don't have that issue? Can evolution explain that without using the famous list of words like, "we think, we suppose, maybe, if, under the right conditions, it could have happened", etc, etc?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 23:04
    That citation appears to be entirely irrelevant.
    Whatever..... You asked a question and there is your answer.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 23:171 edit
    Hate to break it to you old bean, but ALL species die eventually. Right now we are trying as hard as possible to off ourselves about a million years early.

So check with the dinosaurs, no god came down and protected them now did they?

I think what you call dinosaurs now are chickens. Well done, god.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 23:36
    Whatever..... You asked a question and there is your answer.
    How many stereotypes about creationists can you reinforce in one day? But thanks for letting me know how worthwhile it is to talk with you.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 23:40
    How many stereotypes about creationists can you reinforce in one day? But thanks for letting me know how worthwhile it is to talk with you.
    Hey..no problem.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 00:18
    A God and someone who is much smarter then you or any human is capable of dreaming, is where I put my faith on why we exist. Man can't even get the stupid money crises in the country solved much less trying to explain how we came to be from some pond scum.
    But getting back to the topic on this thread, evolution in one of it's many forms says we did com ...[text shortened]... ink, we suppose, maybe, if, under the right conditions, it could have happened", etc, etc?
    As usual you do not understand evolution.

Evolution is NOT about making creatures "better". It is about the best equipped surviving.

Now given that women stop reproducing at 50 and men stop hunting mammoth at 60 there is not really an evolutionary drive to stop our brains shrinking in old age - even if that did correlate to losing some smarts.

Your argument could equally well begin with "Why havent we evolved not to have cancer"
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 07:05
    So you really believe that man can keep on doing what he's doing and not pay a price?
    Absolutely not.

How about answering my question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree