1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '24 12:532 edits
    Here’s a question for he likes of KellyJay (who will have to wait for posters he’s talking with to post so he can reply, if he does/can at all).

Where did the iron in our bodies come from?

Here’s the background:
    Iron is a heavy metal and is is ONLY produced during a supernova process. As the star collapses in on itself in stages before exploding the heavier elements are produced through atomic fusion; gold, lead, iron for examples.

But there is iron on earth, in the earth’s core, in rocks and such like. God didn’t create man ex-nilo, man was created from the dust, the earth itself. Woman was created from man.

So where did the the iron in the earth come from which God used to create humans and other life, if the earth is only 6,000 years old?
  2. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Feb '24 13:393 edits
    @divegeester said
    Here’s a question for he likes of KellyJay (who will have to wait for posters he’s talking with to post so he can reply, if he does/can at all).

Where did the iron in our bodies come from?

Here’s the background:
    Iron is a heavy metal and is is ONLY produced during a supernova process. As the star collapses in on itself in stages before exploding the heavier ...[text shortened]... arth come from which God used to create humans and other life, if the earth is only 6,000 years old?
    Q: Where did the iron in our bodies come from?

A: The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:9

Q: So where did the the iron in the earth come from which God used to create humans and other life, if the earth is only 6,000 years old?

A: The only way to answer that is to go back in time and find out, and I don't think technology has advanced that far.

The tone of your posts and questions here suggest to me that yours is not a genuine search for scriptural knowledge, but rather a genuine quest to delegitimize God's inspired word. While you've been less than successful so far, I'm sure you will eventually succeed in finding items in the bible that would seem to contradict others. The problem with this is while you might win the debate, you're setting yourself up to lose in the long run.

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John: 20-29
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '24 15:29
    @mchill said
    Q: Where did the iron in our bodies come from?

A: The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:9
    The question is; where did the iron come from in our bodies seeing as it is only made in supernova incidents?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '24 15:30
    @mchill said
    Q: So where did the the iron in the earth come from which God used to create humans and other life, if the earth is only 6,000 years old?

A: The only way to answer that is to go back in time and find out, and I don't think technology has advanced that far.

The tone of your posts and questions here suggest to me that yours is not a genuine search for scriptural knowledge ...[text shortened]... seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John: 20-29
    Thanks for acknowledging that you don’t know.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '24 15:34
    @mchill said
    The tone of your posts and questions here suggest to me that yours is not a genuine search for scriptural knowledge, but rather a genuine quest to delegitimize God's inspired word. While you've been less than successful so far, I'm sure you will eventually succeed in finding items in the bible that would seem to contradict others. The problem with this is while you might win the debate, you're setting yourself up to lose in the long run.
    What “tone”? My OP is asking a question.
    Of course I’m not seeking spiritual knowledge; I am asking where the the element iron comes from in our bodies. I think you are trying to create a strawman argument with your comment and use it to attack my motives for the OP rather than making a good faith attempt to address it.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '24 15:36
    @mchill said
    Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John: 20-29
    Is this the sort of pious response you give non Christians when you are asked a question you don’t know the answer to?

Well I’m a Christian, so I’ll just nod and move on 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree