1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 03:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm well into that annual "dreaded" feeling. I hope some of you out there get some joy out of xmas....

On a side note there was a few schools over here that changed 'xmas celebrations' to "holiday celbrations". (they probably had a lot of muslims in those schools or something). Anyway, they do all the carols n' such except they change the lyrics so t ...[text shortened]... stian teaching...Lol.
    🙄 crazy stuff ,aye?
    Lets start changing Beatles lyrics next 😛
    Did anyone have an opinion about the changing of xmas carol lyrics to suit the schools agenda?

I think its political correctness gone down under
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 04:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    [b]I'm well into that annual "dreaded" feeling. I hope some of you out there get some joy out of xmas....
    No son, its Christx not xmas. 😀
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 14:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    No son, its Christx not xmas. 😀
    I think I may take up George from Seinfelds xmas holiday and start celebrating "Festivus"....
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 18:58
    I find it rather distasteful the way christians have hijacked the festival of Yule and now get all snotty if someone tries to edit jesus out of the picture that he was artificially introduced into in the first place.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 03:391 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I find it rather distasteful the way christians have hijacked the festival of Yule and now get all snotty if someone tries to edit jesus out of the picture that he was artificially introduced into in the first place.
    yes, its true, that they are in effect celebrating a purely pagan festival is lost upon them, from the decorating of an evergreen tree, to the giving of presents to kissing under mistletoe, each and every custom has its roots in pre Christian religious belief and practice. If i was an atheist or a pantheist, i would have no problem about celebrating Christmas.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 04:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, its true, that they are in effect celebrating a purely pagan festival is lost upon them, from the decorating of an evergreen tree, to the giving of presents to kissing under mistletoe, each and every custom has its roots in pre Christian religious belief and practice. If i was an atheist or a pantheist, i would have no problem about celebrating Christmas.
    I'm starting to like JW's right about now...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree