1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 11:21
    Was the cross the only way Jesus could of been killed ? If they would have stoned him lets say, would the Chrsitianity be wearing a rock around their neck ? Could Jesus have lived a normal life, and died of old age ? I guess that would not work, because of need for Blood ? What I'm asking is was the cross itself predestined ? Was Judas just helping fullfill destiny ?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:01
    Originally posted by buckky
    Was the cross the only way Jesus could of been killed ? If they would have stoned him lets say, would the Chrsitianity be wearing a rock around their neck ? Could Jesus have lived a normal life, and died of old age ? I guess that would not work, because of need for Blood ? What I'm asking is was the cross itself predestined ? Was Judas just helping fullfill destiny ?
    my personal belief is that jesus didn't HAD to die. judah made a choice to betray him. if he hadn't however, i think jesus would have been killed eventually anywhoo.

my point is that even though god didn't set the death of jesus in stone, simply by sending him on earth to teach revolutionary ideeas to the savages condemned him to death.

it is possible that had jesus not been killed he would have become just like the prophet mohammed. however, mohammed had no quarrel picking up the sword and defending from infidels and attacking them. jesus's whole philosophy centered on pacifism.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:08
    Did you ever think about reading through the New Testament for yourself ?
    Seriously.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 14:27
    If he had been kicked in the head by a donkey, would we all be Republicans today?
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 16:01
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Did you ever think about reading through the New Testament for yourself ?
    Seriously.
    I have many times. It leaves me somewhat cold. I get the impression that something has been lost along the way. The Atonement is one savage idea, but it migh oft sounded sane during the primitive mind back then. Now it sounds like something out of a horror show. The Goodness goes out the window when you conceive of God as a Blood thirsty angry guy.
  6. England
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 16:42
    well he could not have drowned.. or died of sickness.. but as for judas he was the instrument by which jesus would be raised.. tho he often gets a bad press..
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 18:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If he had been kicked in the head by a donkey, would we all be Republicans today?
    I preferred the old version of your avatar, if I'm brutally honest.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I preferred the old version of your avatar, if I'm brutally honest.
    I accidentally deleted it and couldn't find where I had it. So I had to make a new one. I thought it was essentially the same image, but I must be mistaken.

Edit: That seems more like the old one, I think.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 20:22
    Yep. It would not work if He died of old age.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 02:39
    if you imagine the whole story to be the metaphorical jabberings of a primitive cult, it all begins to make sense.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    if you imagine the whole story to be the metaphorical jabberings of a primitive cult, it all begins to make sense.
    If I dismiss the story outright in this manner then I have not availed myself of the possibility that I just might find something of value in the story. The story, like any story, does not have to be "true" (read: factual) to find significance in it.

I have a complete copy of Aesop's Fables. I don't imagine them to be true for a moment, and they are the metaphorical jabberings of primitives, but I find value there every time I read them (there are quite a few, btw).
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 01:10
    I accidentally deleted it and couldn't find where I had it. So I had to make a new one. I thought it was essentially the same image, but I must be mistaken.

Edit: That seems more like the old one, I think.
    Yes, It looks very much like the other one; but with the other one I
    could envision two horns on your head, like a devil. I hope you don't
    take offense. I was just being honest. BTW, I know you are not the
    Devil.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 01:24
    Originally posted by Badwater
    If I dismiss the story outright in this manner then I have not availed myself of the possibility that I just might find something of value in the story. The story, like any story, does not have to be "true" (read: factual) to find significance in it.

I have a complete copy of Aesop's Fables. I don't imagine them to be true for a moment, and they are the ...[text shortened]... s of primitives, but I find value there every time I read them (there are quite a few, btw).
    but as you realize what they are, the fables make sense.
  14. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 04:401 edit
    lololololol! Sorry, no disrespect meant to the Jesus followers, but this was so damn funny! Thanks, Ming.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 10:00
    Originally posted by Taoman
    lololololol! Sorry, no disrespect meant to the Jesus followers, but this was so damn funny! Thanks, Ming.
    Yeah 'cos Jesus followers don't have a soh do they 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree