1. Utrecht
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 11:27
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    my personal belief is that jesus didn't HAD to die. judah made a choice to betray him. if he hadn't however, i think jesus would have been killed eventually anywhoo.

my point is that even though god didn't set the death of jesus in stone, simply by sending him on earth to teach revolutionary ideeas to the savages condemned him to death.

it is pos ...[text shortened]... d defending from infidels and attacking them. jesus's whole philosophy centered on pacifism.
    Come on. Do you really believe the Romans couldn't find Jesus with all his followers without a kiss of Judas? Do you keep on blaming this poor lonely fellow? What a coward act. The Romans were brutal enough to bring in the whole unarmed bunch if necesarry. For example they killed every new born around remember? So a few fishermen more or less, they didn't care.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by Sake
    Come on. Do you really believe the Romans couldn't find Jesus with all his followers without a kiss of Judas? Do you keep on blaming this poor lonely fellow? What a coward act. The Romans were brutal enough to bring in the whole unarmed bunch if necesarry. For example they killed every new born around remember? So a few fishermen more or less, they didn't care.
    Jesus only came to Jerusalem during the Holy Days and there were
    always a great crowd of visitors from other areas outside of Jerusalem.
    With all these new faces coming into the city how would it be so easy
    for the Roman soldiers to find and recognize somebody they didn't even
    know? Do you think he looked different than any other man of the
    time? They had no picture of Him and He did not register at an Inn
    because the Holy Bible said He sleep outside of the city at night. I
    think it is not unreasonable to think the Roman soldiers would need
    somebody to point Jesus out under the situation.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 11:17
    Originally posted by buckky
    Was the cross the only way Jesus could of been killed ? If they would have stoned him lets say, would the Chrsitianity be wearing a rock around their neck ? Could Jesus have lived a normal life, and died of old age ? I guess that would not work, because of need for Blood ? What I'm asking is was the cross itself predestined ? Was Judas just helping fullfill destiny ?
    The reason they didn't drown him, is because otherwise everyone would have to carry aquariums around their necks.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 13:10
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    The reason they didn't drown him, is because otherwise everyone would have to carry aquariums around their necks.
    Or maybe a stylized "sleeping fish"?
  5. Utrecht
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 15:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus only came to Jerusalem during the Holy Days and there were
    always a great crowd of visitors from other areas outside of Jerusalem.
    With all these new faces coming into the city how would it be so easy
    for the Roman soldiers to find and recognize somebody they didn't even
    know? Do you think he looked different than any other man of the
    time? They ...[text shortened]... onable to think the Roman soldiers would need
    somebody to point Jesus out under the situation.
    The Romans controlled the whole land right? And Jesus was wandering around for a few years and considered being dangerous. Devotes behave in a particular way. It must have been pretty easy to to spot the guy.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by Sake
    The Romans controlled the whole land right? And Jesus was wandering around for a few years and considered being dangerous. Devotes behave in a particular way. It must have been pretty easy to to spot the guy.
    Well, apparently it wasn't as easy as you think. But I don't even think
    the Romans were concerned about Jesus until the High Priest complained
    to them about Him. There is no indication in the Holy Bible or anywhere
    else that the Romans were looking for him until this night. Can you give
    me a reference if I am wrong?
  7. Utrecht
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 07:01
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Imagine they blew him up, everybody would wear bombvests.........uh, Jesus was a muslim?
  8. Utrecht
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 10:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, apparently it wasn't as easy as you think. But I don't even think
    the Romans were concerned about Jesus until the High Priest complained
    to them about Him. There is no indication in the Holy Bible or anywhere
    else that the Romans were looking for him until this night. Can you give
    me a reference if I am wrong?
    Wasn't it so that the Herod, a client king for the Romans went from door to door to kill all 2 year olds and younger born in Bethlehem? Looks kinda interest in the fellow don't you think? Later they've forgotten him for a 30 years or so, but so did about everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree