1. Joined
    14 Jan '11
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 10:06
    I don't know if this is a new subject here or not. This forum seem to be mostly about Jesus - the christian god, and (strangely enough) scientific ideas (the theory of evolution and the "big bang" most notably), so I thought I'd throw it in here to see if anyone is up for a change of topic.

Is anyone here interested in the Kybalion, hermeticism or new thought?

The thing I personally find the most interesting about this book is the principle of vibrations, which I think touches (albeit remotely) on the idea of string theory. Though the Kybalion is a spiritual text absolutely void of scientific merits (much like religious thought in general, I find), dare I suggest that its authors (or the basis for their work - hermeticism) foresaw the mathematical development of the late 20th century? (Of course, the relative same could be said about the ancient Indian idea of atoms and molecules, confirmed by science a few thousand and some hundred years later.)

I'm not actually a religious type of person myself, but I find the idea of positive thinking deceptively luring. I much rather think positive than the other way around. Though (to be honest) I often find myself trapped in a negative circle of thought, but I blame the harsh human reality for that. As often as I can I delude myself into thinking it's a beautiful world and that I am in power of my own destiny. For short moments I feel good, so it must be working. Well, until reality strikes again. It has an annoying tendency to be for real, reality.

I must now concentrate my thoughts on positive things, such that my reality begins to vibrate at a higher and more harmonic level. Please don't hesitate to respond while I do so. Positive thinking...

Positive thiiinkiiiiing...
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 10:44
    Originally posted by Zenarctic
    I don't know if this is a new subject here or not. This forum seem to be mostly about Jesus - the christian god, and (strangely enough) scientific ideas (the theory of evolution and the "big bang" most notably), so I thought I'd throw it in here to see if anyone is up for a change of topic.

Is anyone here interested in the Kybalion, hermeticism or new t ...[text shortened]... n't hesitate to respond while I do so. Positive thinking...

What you say is correct, because everyone creates their own reality by the words they speak, the thoughts they think, and the deeds they perform.

But if you use positive thinking all the time, it is true your reality will reflect that, until someone hits you over the head and robs you.....then you are brought back to the reality of this world.

After the stitches come out and the bruises are healed, you can once again choose to think positively again, until your child is knocked down by a car and you are thrust back into reality.

So this goes on over and over until you die, and then you take birth again in this world of suffering, and do it all over again.

The perfect way to think, is to absorb yourself with spiritual knowledge of God and self, and live the spiritual life, and when you have genuine affection for Godhead and after the death of the body, you will return home back to Godhead, and never have to take birth in this world of disease, old age and death, and suffering ever again.

This is true positivism, with eternal benefits.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 13:55

Is anyone here interested in the Kybalion, hermeticism or new t ...[text shortened]... n't hesitate to respond while I do so. Positive thinking...

You might like MIT Jewish science professer Dr. Gerald Shroeder Phd.

He makes this Christian sit up and pay attention. I have heard two lectures now which I had to listen to through to the end.

YouTube&NR=1
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 14:41

Don't know anything about the Kybalion, but found the following curious about your post:

I much rather think positive than the other way around. Though (to be honest) I often find myself trapped in a negative circle of thought, but I blame the harsh human reality for that. As often as I can I delude myself into thinking it's a beautiful world and that I am in power of my own destiny. For short moments I feel good, so it must be working. Well, until reality strikes again. It has an annoying tendency to be for real, reality.

Seems like you are looking to purposely delude yourself into living outside reality. That the prospect of "feel[ing] good" is so compelling to you that you see living in delusion as the preferred option. This is the crux of the problem with religion in general, though it is usually an unconscious decision as it seems to be with the vast majority of Christians for example. You should seriously consider instead embracing reality and breaking the bonds of slavery of living for neurobiological incentives, e.g., "feeling good".
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 17:56

The most positive and optimistic thought that could ever enter your mind would be for you to know how much God loves you in spite of your present condition.

When one begins to bathe their mind in the knowledge of God, then one is truly free of the effects of negative thoughts.

The knowledge of the only true and living God is found in the person of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 2:9 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
  6. Joined
    14 Jan '11
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 18:29
    Originally posted by josephw
    The most positive and optimistic thought that could ever enter your mind would be for you to know how much God loves you in spite of your present condition.

When one begins to bathe their mind in the knowledge of God, then one is truly free of the effects of negative thoughts.

The knowledge of the only true and living God is found in the person of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 2:9 - [b]For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily
    .[/b]
    Ahem, catholic church anyone? They're not exactly promoting positive thought there, are they?

In any case, I didn't want to talk more about the christian god and all the merits of having an unconditional belief in it. It seems to me this forum is swamped with discussion on that subject. I wanted to see if anyone here has given the ideas presented in the Kybalion any thought.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 20:29

Kymbalion (from Greek: kymvalon = piatti; mind you, the ancient Greeks didn’t consider this instrument as a means of entering the art of Music).
    Keep in mind that these two specific piatti (you may interpret them as dualism/ black & white/ yin yang etc.) produce a stable sound, a sound that is in harmony with all the other sounds of the (Supreme) Music.
    This uniqueness turned the piatti into a necessity, because without the rhythm could not be conquered.

The Jews use the word “selselim” (kymbalion), and in the OT you will spot the notion “kymvalon alalazon” -a false translation, because Love is simply Personal Stability (Rhythm) and not universal stability; however the Hermetic principles were 8 instead of 7 (in Kymbalion the principle of Persephone is excluded).
    The difference between the Greek and the Jewish approach is that the Greeks were illuminating Life with Death, whilst the Jews achieve ecstasys during Life by means of transcending Death.

Now: the process of thought is the Astral element -the sound; and each sound has its own colour, but there is no Form in there; thanks to Awareness, Harmony gives Form and therefore the Fantasy becomes a basic element of reality -but, without the Spirit, it is impossible to perceive the essence of the reality.
    The Spirit is the seed of the personal Soul and the seed of the Ultimate Will, and the element that sets in motion the personal Soul that derives from the Spirit; therefore, faith is a prerequisite. In fact Gnosticism is a product of one’s mind focused on the Spirit, and thus Kymbalion is the code of the condition of the individual who has full sense of the oncoming harmonic transform of his self into the essence of the Spirit. This approach in the Gnostic realm is known as “Roses of Faith”.

Anyway, I evaluate Kymbalion as a Rosicrucian product;

Nothing Holy
    😵
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 20:44
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    What you say is correct, because everyone creates their own reality by the words they speak, the thoughts they think, and the deeds they perform.

But if you use positive thinking all the time, it is true your reality will reflect that, until someone hits you over the head and robs you.....then you are brought back to the reality of this world.

After ...[text shortened]... old age and death, and suffering ever again.

This is true positivism, with eternal benefits.
    you are in error.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 07:48
    Ahem, catholic church anyone? They're not exactly promoting positive thought there, are they?

In any case, I didn't want to talk more about the christian god and all the merits of having an unconditional belief in it. It seems to me this forum is swamped with discussion on that subject. I wanted to see if anyone here has given the ideas presented in the Kybalion any thought.
    Yes everything at the nano level, is vibrating at different frequencies, and velocities and directions and intensities.

With this you get different types of elements for instance one particular vibration will give you the element gold, and another vibration shall give you iron.

Now to have the infinite number of atoms vibrating in their particular construct, and actually staying fixed in that construct, intelligence is required and will is required.

God is within every atom and without of every atom as the directive creative potency of all that exists.

False science will present that there is no Supreme Intelligence at the foundation of existence, but they cannot present what is actually going on.

God is omni-present, and is in every atom of the spiritual worlds and material worlds.

There is no place that God is not, and by his inconceivable diverse spiritual potencies, his creative will is ever present..
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 08:00

Hey there:0. In that last pixel you read the truth,that was revealed to you and you missied it. Call it what you want, but thats not really that impotant now, is it? Especially since it is nameless. Your search will lead you to me. No crap. At the end of your search yuo will find your true essence , which is the shared"Greater Mind" that the eastern mystics refer to, and also our own true IDENTITY
    Feel free to ask any other questions and heed blebkbeetles advice at all times.
    Oh, and have a smiley😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree