1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 18:021 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But dudes like Dasa will violently disagree with you. Which is why the whole edifice of religion is man made. Man made all these ridiculous religions and then, thinking only THEIR religion is the true one when in fact NONE are, they start religious wars and each side claiming to their deaths they are right.

A real god would NEVER set up such a cruel sys ...[text shortened]... ed to the edifice riding out on a thinning branch ready to break of its own weight of bullshyte.
    Well, if these are really your own thoughts, then I consider your thoughts as important as bullshyte. 😏
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '15 18:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Snooty bar steward isn't he?
    Frankly, it's our own fault, not his.

Thankfully, he sent his own Son to fill the gap.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 18:10
    Originally posted by finnegan
    God will not have much difficulty communicating directly (or indirectly) with me without relying on your mediation.
    But God can also use my mediation to indirectly communicate with you and other unbelievers. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 May '15 18:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But God can also use my mediation to indirectly communicate with you and other unbelievers. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Why would a supreme being choose 'you' as a vehicle of communication?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '15 20:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why would a supreme being choose 'you' as a vehicle of communication?
    Because I am .......

The Near Genius 😏

HalleluYah ! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 May '15 21:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Frankly, it's our own fault, not his.

Thankfully, he sent his own Son to fill the gap.
    "God cannot abide sin of any kind"

and that's our fault?

The likes and dislikes of a Supreme Being are down to us?
    This gets more and more ridiculous!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '15 05:101 edit

and that's our fault?

“Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard and put a wall around it and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey. When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?” They said to Him, “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons.”

Jesus said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures,

‘The stone which the builders rejected,
    This became the chief corner stone;
    This came about from the Lord,
    And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it. And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”

When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them. When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.

(Matthew 21:33-46 NASB)

YouTube
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '15 14:36

and that's our fault?

From the beginning and even down to now, man chose, and continues to choose, sin.

Of course it is our fault. That's why we have free will, so that none can claim otherwise.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 May '15 23:22
    From the beginning and even down to now, man chose, and continues to choose, sin.

Of course it is our fault. That's why we have free will, so that none can claim otherwise.
    You keep telling yourself that.

It's the only 'evidence' you have.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 00:03
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You keep telling yourself that.

It's the only 'evidence' you have.
    I believe she would say it is the only 'evidence' she needs if I hadn't beat her to it. 😏
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 May '15 00:05
    I believe she would say it is the only 'evidence' she needs if I hadn't beat her to it. 😏
    I am sure she would.

You are both, however, wrong.

You cannot rationally justify believing anything without evidence.
    Faith is useless and worthless as a means of forming or justifying beliefs.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 00:09
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I am sure she would.

You are both, however, wrong.

You cannot rationally justify believing anything without evidence.
    Faith is useless and worthless as a means of forming or justifying beliefs.
    You said it was evidence. 😏
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 May '15 06:53

This thread within a thread was started by me condemning god's attitude.
    You then blamed Man for that (god's attitude)

If god cannot abide sin he needs some Anger Management - live and let live!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 09:51
    Possible Proof Of God In Junk DNA?

While working to understand and map the function of sequences of DNA in the human genome known as “Junk DNA” (for their lack of known function), scientists at W.I.T. noted that while the DNA sequences they were seeing bore little resemblance to the coding for biological function, they bore a striking similarity to the patterns of human language. Contacting and working closely with linguists and philologists from Bob Jones University, W.I.T. set out to analyze and decode the areas of Transposons and Retrotransposons which seemed indicative of human language.

Linguistic professors at Bob Jones University, long noted for its intellectual rigor, began to attempt to translate the decoded segments that W.I.T. was providing. The structure was notably and demonstrably human in nature. The coding language found, which utilized sequences of twenty-eight independent values, fell easily into the incidence range of known alphabets. Sequences of independent connected values likewise mirrored the structure of word composition in human languages. The Linguistic and Philology team at Bob Jones began an extensive comparison of the quizzical script found in the “Junk DNA” with the catalog of every recorded human language; hoping to find similar lingual threads so that they could begin to formulate translations of the message laying hidden in the DNA. Professors were rocked with sheer awe when they found that one existent language, and one language alone, was a direct translatable match for the sequential DNA strands.

The Language in the “Junk DNA”, the DNA that scientists had for years discarded as useless, was indistinguishable from ancient Aramaic. Even more amazingly, as linguists started to translate the code within the human genome, they found that parts of the script it contained were at times remarkably close in composition to verse found in the bible. And at times contained direct biblical quotes.

On the human gene PYGB, Phosporomylase Glycogen, a non-coding transposon, holds a linguistic sequence that translates as “At first break of day, God formed sky and land.” This bears a stunning similarity to Gen 1:1 “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Gene Bmp3 has a Retrotransposon sequence which translates to the well-known 1 Cor 6:19 “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.” This is repeated over and over throughout the entire sequence of human DNA: embedded equivalent genetic code of ancient Aramaic that seems to translate as the word of god to his people.

Matthew Boulder, chief linguist for the project and professor of applied creation sciences at Bob Jones University, issued this statement: “As for the evidence- it is there and it is, to my view, undeniable. The very word of God, elegantly weaved in and out of our very bodies and souls, as plain as day. And the beauty of it, that God would lay down the words of truth in our very beings, shows his love and The Miracle.”

Scientists at W.I.T. await replication of our own research extracting and sequencing “Junk” DNA and verification of translation into Aramaic by independent sources before we move forward on the peer review process and the release of our total research and discovery to date.

http://witscience.org/first-scientific-proof-god-found
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '15 16:12
    Well, if these are really your own thoughts, then I consider your thoughts as important as bullshyte. 😏
    You like to issue video's. Look at this one, how someone who may be atheist, Jew, Islam, Christian, whatever, comes to the aid of someone who needs it. My only thought when I saw this video was why did it take so long for someone to do something:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/04/22/sot-wheelchair-subway-rescue-heroes.washington-metropolitan-area-transit-authority

This is the sort of thing I would do without thinking. I have before and I would do it again with no hesitation.

There is no 'will this help me get into heaven' kind of BS" This is a case of someone needing help and someone was there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree