1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 May '15 16:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [quote] “Listen to another parable.
    Parable are fun. Here is another:

THE MADMAN

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly: "I seek God! I seek God!" -- As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated? -- Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him -- you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us -- for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than most distant stars -- and yet they have done it themselves.

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several churches and there struck up his requiem aeternam deo. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of God?"

[Source: Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science (1882, 1887) para. 125
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '15 20:41
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Parable are fun. Here is another:

THE MADMAN

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly: "I seek God! I seek God!" -- As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his wa ...[text shortened]... and sepulchers of God?"

[Source: Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science (1882, 1887) para. 125
    Nietzsche certainly was THE MADMAN.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '15 20:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Francis Collins - The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence of Belief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGu_VtbpWhE

Jonathan Wells, take on certain claims made by Francis Collins (author of Language of God) on evolution, Darwinism and the existence of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34p3kKwKIEQ
    There is only one language to describe God and self in this world.

That is the eternal language Sanskrit.

Sanskrit has the translation of every word a person from any country could possibly think of.

Every other language falls terribly short.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 May '15 21:12
    Originally posted by Dasa

Sanskrit has the translation of every word a person from any country could possibly think of.

What is the sanskrit word for petrichor?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 00:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You like to issue video's. Look at this one, how someone who may be atheist, Jew, Islam, Christian, whatever, comes to the aid of someone who needs it. My only thought when I saw this video was why did it take so long for someone to do something:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/04/22/sot-wheelchair-subway-rescue-heroes.washington-metropolitan-area-tran ...[text shortened]... lp me get into heaven' kind of BS" This is a case of someone needing help and someone was there.
    I agree. But why should that make you angry with all religions? Nobody knows who the two heros were or if they were religious are not or if the people that did not help were religious or not.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 00:33

I disagree. 😏
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '15 13:44

When did you become an expert on Sanskrit? Is there a Sanskrit school?
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 May '15 12:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think, on a deeper level, ...
    ... some people are shallow. One man's ocean is another man's puddle.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '15 18:591 edit
    http://www.americansanskrit.com/

In case you want to learn Sanskrit.

Perhaps one day you will learn to think for yourself. 😏
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '15 03:00
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    What is the sanskrit word for petrichor?
    I do not know.

Please go on-line and ask a Sanskrit Scholar.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '15 03:01
    Yes..............

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree