1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 02:50
    If I recall rightly, some of these matters were discussed in a Thread called something like Enemies of the Cross. That was probably over a year ago?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 09:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Why am i reading your posts? because its a public forum intended to be read by members of the public. If you want to blog why don't you start one. I have no issues regarding the implement that Christ was put to death on nor have I mentioned it here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... ple in public and still be beating the air as far as New Testament truth is concerned.[/b]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

Yeah striking the air, thats funny.😵
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 11:561 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

Yeah striking the air, thats funny.😵
    If I recall correctly months ago you quoted Psalm 101:3 that you would not put any unworthy thing before your eyes. And I think you were referring to something I wrote on the Trinity.

So if my writing is too unworthy to place before your eyes, I ask, "Why are you reading my posts?"

Sure, its a free and public forum, but its funny that you would not be consistent with your vow.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 12:20
    If I recall correctly months ago you quoted [b]Psalm 101:3 that you would not put any unworthy thing before your eyes. And I think you were referring to something I wrote on the Trinity.

So if my writing is too unworthy to place before your eyes, I ask, "Why are you reading my posts?"

Sure, its a free and public forum, but its funny that you would not be consistent with your vow.[/b]
    Despite you being a trinitarian there are some redeeming qualities, your love for the Christ, you have a fairly good knowledge of the Greek portion of scripture, etc Its like Vine, he was a trinitarian which is not very clever but also an excellent scholar of Greek so he has some redeeming qualities, One does not throw the baby out with the bath water 😀
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 12:42
    Despite you being a trinitarian there are some redeeming qualities, your love for the Christ, you have a fairly good knowledge of the Greek portion of scripture, etc Its like Vine, he was a trinitarian which is not very clever but also an excellent scholar of Greek so he has some redeeming qualities, One does not throw the baby out with the bath water 😀
    I don't know Greek worth anything to brag about.
    We have tools on that.

While you seem to compliment me generously, the recycled remark about my "monologues" is getting kind of old. It's meant to be an insult and it reads that way.

Other than pointing out that so far only I am writing, do you have something about the meaning of the cross in the New Testament you wish to discuss ?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '16 16:22
    I don't know Greek worth anything to brag about.
    We have tools on that.

While you seem to compliment me generously, the recycled remark about my "monologues" is getting kind of old. It's meant to be an insult and it reads that way.

Other than pointing out that so far only I am writing, do you have something about the meaning of the cross in the New Testament you wish to discuss ?
    Yes, this expression here is of interest.

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

It seems to me to imply that the Christians life shall be one of self sacrifice and that unless one is resolved to face such, one is not deemed worthy of the Christ. what this course of self sacrifice may entail is also of interest for Christ does not say anything specifically other than to use the term cross in a metaphorical way but with real world and tangible events in mind.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 13:07
    Yes, this expression here is of interest.

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

It seems to me to imply that the Christians life shall be one of self sacrifice and that unless one is resolved to face such, one is not deemed worthy of the Christ. what this course of self sacrifice may entail is also of int ...[text shortened]... han to use the term cross in a metaphorical way but with real world and tangible events in mind.
    Every lover of Jesus Christ will receive Him as He is the Spirit. Then every believer in Christ has a life long challenge to deny himself, living in the old man, but living by the Spirit.
    No matter who you are, if Jesus Christ has come to indwell you, you must learn to follow Him and not to follow your old fallen man. Therefore every believer picks up his OWN cross.

Of course every instants of denying the self to follow the Lord Jesus results in Christ growing within and grace increasing. The denying of self is the threshold of resurrection power. There is no gain except it be preceded by denying the self in order to enjoy living through the Holy Spirit.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 15:21
    Every lover of Jesus Christ will receive Him as He is the Spirit. Then every believer in Christ has a life long challenge to deny himself, living in the old man, but living by the Spirit.
    No matter who you are, if Jesus Christ has come to indwell you, you must learn to follow Him and not to follow your old fallen man. Therefore every believer picks up his O ...[text shortened]... gain except it be preceded by denying the self in order to enjoy living through the Holy Spirit.
    Is it okay to wear a cross or a torture stake as a necklace?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Is it okay to wear a cross or a torture stake as a necklace?
    If you died in a car crash would you wear a small replica of the wrecked car around your neck?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 23:18
    If you died in a car crash would you wear a small replica of the wrecked car around your neck?
    Personally, I would rather wear a cross than a torture stake. Several Christians have picked up a big wooden cross, as Christ said, and carried it across the country as a witness to a small portion of what Christ did for us. Just wearing a cross neckless around ones neck can be a symbol of association with what Christ did for us in my opinion. I don't see why one should be ashamed of that. The Apostle Paul said,
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes..."

The gospel includes the death on the cross as I understand it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 14:20
    Non sequitur.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 15:281 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Non sequitur.
    I don't think you really understand what a non sequitur is.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 21:02
    Non secateurs are tools not adept at pruning twigs.

😞
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 05:52
    non sequitur - a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
  15. setlagole
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 19:49
    Thank you sonship for the good news. I really appreciate your explanation regarding the meaning of the cross. We are so fortunate to have people like you in RHP. Thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree