1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:12
    The medicalization of the moral life is a big philosophical mistake.

Discuss.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    The medicalization of the moral life is a big philosophical mistake.

Discuss.
    On the rare occasion that the Lord Jesus Christ cast out demons, He was, in effect, providing the only medicine available to the depraved minds of the ones so afflicted. The instances were rare simply because most people weren't and aren't possessed by fallen angels. That being said, the schizophrenia (double-mindedness) which accompanies the life lived in abject rejection of God is not remedied easily and in most cases, requires high-grade pharmaceuticals in order to offer the sufferer a clear head.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That being said, the schizophrenia (double-mindedness) which accompanies the life lived in abject rejection of God is not remedied easily and in most cases, requires high-grade pharmaceuticals in order to offer the sufferer a clear head.
    You think that the schizophrenia suffered by theists and the schizophrenia suffered non-theists is different in some way?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think that the schizophrenia suffered by theists and the schizophrenia suffered non-theists is different in some way?
    Yes. A believer cannot be possessed by demons whereas an unbeliever can. However, it is far easier--- and more likely--- for a believer to become schizophrenic than it is for an unbeliever.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:45
    Yes. A believer cannot be possessed by demons whereas an unbeliever can. However, it is far easier--- and more likely--- for a believer to become schizophrenic than it is for an unbeliever.
    Schizophrenia is the result of demon posession?
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:45
    What a load of codswallop!

-m.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:46
    LOL. Oh OK. I see. Well you're clearly very, very earnest, but your theory about schizophrenia and demons strikes me as decidedly daft. I will withdraw and let someone else indulge you. 😀
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 14:59
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Certainly can be.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 15:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    LOL. Oh OK. I see. Well you're clearly very, very earnest, but your theory about schizophrenia and demons strikes me as decidedly daft. I will withdraw and let someone else indulge you. 😀
    Gee, as long as I am very, very earnest I guess it's all good, huh. Don't be so patronizing: it's beneath you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 15:041 edit
    Gee, as long as I am very, very earnest I guess it's all good, huh. Don't be so patronizing: it's beneath you.
    Just teasing you. This is going to be a thread where you offer some of your "masturbation" posting that you talked about recently, presumably. 😵

edit:

The truth is, I hold this entire internet thing--- and forums in particular--- a type of masturbation. Every time I'm on here, I walk away with a bit of shame.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 15:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just teasing you. This is going to be a thread where you offer some of your "masturbation" posting that you talked about recently, presumably. 😵
    I think I'll just take a wipe off now and call it good.

I need a nap for some reason...
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 17:37
    Not always.

The un-embodied spirit may be classified as demoniac and sometimes not.

For a person to have two personalities because there is a spirit that keeps taking them over..............then that will be enough for the person to become unbalanced or instead schizophrenic - and without the spirit having to actually be a demon.

What is a spirit?

A spirit is a person who has not got a material body.......so instead they have an ethereal body made of mind, intelligence, and ego - and that ethereal body is the so called spirit.

But for the ethereal body to function and exist - there must be the soul within and which is central to that ethereal body.

The ethereal body is often called a ghost by un-informed persons.

This is all explained in the Vedic teachings.

(just saying)
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 17:43
    Certainly can be.
    I've read some wacky stuff on this forum in my time, that's right up there with the best.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 17:44
    What you mean to actually say is.......that a self realized soul and devoted lover of God and a person who follows true religion perfectly - cannot become possessed.....which is true.

But.......just someone believing in God can become possessed as easily as someone who does not.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 23:56
    I've read some wacky stuff on this forum in my time, that's right up there with the best.
    The fact that you know so little about spiritual reality is... a surprise to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree