THe Muhammad Code

THe Muhammad Code

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
20 May 06

I sure would like Dan Brown to write a book like this. Could you imagine? I give him 3 weeks before he is beheaded.

PP

Belfast

Moves
20 May 06

Originally posted by whodey
I sure would like Dan Brown to write a book like this. Could you imagine? I give him 3 weeks before he is beheaded.
Yes, it is good to know the RCC is so open-minded about Da Vinci Code.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
20 May 06

What an idiotic stereotype you present

C

On the computer

Moves
20 May 06

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Do you deny the truth of this statement?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 May 06

Salman Rushdie and The Satanic Verses springs to mind.

w

Moves
20 May 06
1 edit

Stereotype? Did you see what happened with Salmon Rushdie and the "Satanic Versis"? Did you see what happened to the Danish people with the cartoons? Radical Islam has proven time and time again that they are willing to violently protest any derision or perceived blasphamy. The world press is now scared to death of them, and I doubt you see any more attacks on Islam such as these in the near future. Respect is often a hard thing to earn. In the case of radical Islam, respect comes in the form of fear. In the case of Christianity, we do not threaten and do violence when derided and made fun of. As a result, we are not afforded the same level of respect as the radical Islamists. If a movie like the Da Vinci Code attacked Islamic theology as it does Christianity, they would all have to go into a witness protection program of some kind. I guess it is the price to pay for being the religion that preaches to love your enemies and to do good to them that persecute you.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
20 May 06

w

Moves
21 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I MUST NOT MAKE MOVES WHEN DRUNK
I ...[text shortened]... NOT MAKE MOVES WHEN DRUNK
You must only not move on RHP when drunk, you must not post on RHP when drunk as well.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
21 May 06

You must only not move on RHP when drunk, you must not post on RHP when drunk as well.
BITE MY SHINEY METAL ASS

In the nicest possible way, eh god

C
Ego-Trip in Progress

Phoenix, AZ

Moves
21 May 06

Was there a point to this thread?

I find the analogy falsely stated and ridiculously applied. I believe someone has already mentioned the stereotypical aspects.

-JC

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 May 06

To paraphrase:

"I sure miss the days when the followers of my God were allowed to run amok and kill infidels. Confound and curse this 'Age of Grace' crap!"

w

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
To paraphrase:

"I sure miss the days when the followers of my God were allowed to run amok and kill infidels. Confound and curse this 'Age of Grace' crap!"
LOL. No, actually it is why I am a Christian. I was shown grace and mercy and was given a chance to change. It would be sinful for me to not give others the same chance equal to my own. Before I became a Christian, it seemed that every time I tried exacting vengence upon poeple it usually backfired on me. Either I suffered the consequences for my actions or innocent people suffered the consequences. If I did deem the vengence to be successful, however, there was never any satisfaction from it. The only thing accomplished was that they suffered. No good ever came from it.

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
21 May 06

Really? Have you ever heard of Salman Rushdie or Theo Van Gogh? Research what happened to Van Gogh. I assure you this is no stereotype.....🙄

a

Meddling with things

Moves
21 May 06

Stereotype? Did you see what happened with Salmon Rushdie and the "Satanic Versis"? Did you see what happened to the Danish people with the cartoons? Radical Islam has proven time and time again that they are willing to violently protest any derision or perceived blasphamy. The world press is now scared to death of them, and I doubt you see any more attac ...[text shortened]... ng the religion that preaches to love your enemies and to do good to them that persecute you.
Salmaan Rushdie. Alive and kicking (and writing tedious books)

a

Meddling with things

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Really? Have you ever heard of Salman Rushdie or Theo Van Gogh? Research what happened to Van Gogh. I assure you this is no stereotype.....🙄
Theo van Gogh: yes, you're right.

Interestingly, here in the UK we are prosecuting some of those who called for violence against the editor of the Danish newspaper for incitement to murder.