1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 May '06 16:34
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Salmaan Rushdie. Alive and kicking (and writing tedious books)
    And hiding for his life!!!!!!!!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 May '06 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Theo van Gogh: yes, you're right.

Interestingly, here in the UK we are prosecuting some of those who called for violence against the editor of the Danish newspaper for incitement to murder.
    Now, now, we must not call it murder. If you watch the news from Aljezeera's point of view they are probably refered to as freedom fighters or defenders of the brotherhood or some such nonsense. All I know is that when a Palestinian ten year old girl is sent into an Israeli public square by Hamas to be a suicide bombers she is refered to as being a freedom fighter by that Middle Eastern news organization. If you ask me, that news organization is pretty mainstream for Middle Eastern Muslims. I suppose you could look at them as freedom fighters, however. After all, with each Israeli civilian death and store front destroyed you see them inch ever closer to acheiving their goals of freedom. That is if you call starvation freedom and a world wide ban on financing aid for Palestine freedom.
  3. London
    Moves
    22 May '06 15:23
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    Yes, it is good to know the RCC is so open-minded about Da Vinci Code.
    Dan Brown still had his head, last I checked.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree