1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 00:36
  2. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    04 Sep '07 00:37
    What's the Muslim take on Matthew 6:51-57?
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 00:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What's the Muslim take on Matthew 6:51-57?
    The video is 50 min, and you replyed after 1 min. What does this mean?

    BTW: There is no Matthew 6:51-57.
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    04 Sep '07 00:513 edits
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    The video is 50 min, and you replyed after 1 min. What does this mean?

    BTW: There is no Matthew 6:51-57.
    It means I didn't watch it. You spent 1 min posting the video. Why should I spend an hour or more watching and analyzing it? I don't see any comments of yours about the video.

    I made a mistake. I meant John 6:51-57. Sorry about that.

    If you want my comments, they're in the "thing of beauty" thread.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 01:101 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It means I didn't watch it. You spent 1 min posting the video. Why should I spend an hour or more watching and analyzing it? I don't see any comments of yours about the video.

    I made a mistake. I meant John 6:51-57. Sorry about that.

    If you want my comments, they're in the "thing of beauty" thread.
    I spent 50 min watching the Video and I wanted to share it with others, if you don't want to wast your time, then why post something not relating to the it. The video is talking about the Muslims view of Jesus. So I don't care about what the Bible say in this account. If you want to know what I think about John 6:51-57, then open another topic if you want. I just want this threat to be for those who wasted their time watching it. Thank you any way.

    I don't see any comments of yours about the video.
    I'm sorry I thought that the thread topic is clear. This is the Islamic view of jesus if you didn't noticed.

    If you want my comments, they're in the "thing of beauty" thread.

    Ok I will answer you there.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    04 Sep '07 01:132 edits
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I spent 50 min watching the Video and I wanted to share it with others, if you don't want to wast your time, then why post something not relating to the it. The video is talking about the Muslims view of Jesus. So I don't care about what the Bible say in this account. If you want to know what I think about John 6:51-57, then open another topic if you want. my comments, they're in the "thing of beauty" thread.

    Ok I will answer you there.[/b]
    I posted something relating to the title of the thread. See you in the other thread.

    How can you possibly talk about Jesus and ignore the Bible? If nothing else I'd think you'd want to challenge the accuracy of Biblical events or quotes.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 01:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I posted something relating to the title of the thread. See you in the other thread.

    How can you possibly talk about Jesus and ignore the Bible? If nothing else I'd think you'd want to challenge the accuracy of Biblical events or quotes.
    How can you possibly talk about Jesus and ignore the Bible?

    I just want to present the Islamic view which I don't think the Majority knows.
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    04 Sep '07 01:30
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]How can you possibly talk about Jesus and ignore the Bible?

    I just want to present the Islamic view which I don't think the Majority knows.[/b]
    Ok, I'll stay out of your thread now as I don't want to watch the movie.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '07 02:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I posted something relating to the title of the thread. See you in the other thread.

    How can you possibly talk about Jesus and ignore the Bible? If nothing else I'd think you'd want to challenge the accuracy of Biblical events or quotes.
    This puzzles me as well. On the one hand, Muslims use the Bible in bits and peices to show that their Jesus is and was a Muslim. On the other hand, they pick apart peices of the Bible they disagree with and say it has been corrupted. It's like me using the Quran to prove that the Christian Jesus is the true Jesus while at the same time ignoring the parts in the Quran that counterdict my theology and glibly saying that it has been corrupted.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 04:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    This puzzles me as well. On the one hand, Muslims use the Bible in bits and peices to show that their Jesus is and was a Muslim. On the other hand, they pick apart peices of the Bible they disagree with and say it has been corrupted. It's like me using the Quran to prove that the Christian Jesus is the true Jesus while at the same time ignoring the parts in the Quran that counterdict my theology and glibly saying that it has been corrupted.
    We don't use the bible to prove anything from the Islamic faith. And there is no a single part of the Islamic law depends on the Bible by any mean. So I don't need the Bible to prove to myself or any other Muslim anything about Jesus.

    When I talk about the Bible, that is because you simply don't believe in Quran. So if I want to discuss Jesus with you it doesn't make any sense to discuss it through Quran, because you will not accept it. So my Quote and reading from the Bible is simpley to be able to understand your faith and discuss with you. But it has nothing to do with my faith or to prove anything to myself.

    If you watch this video you will see that there is no single reference to the Bible (Except when christians talks), Muslims only talk from Quran and never use the Bible when they present their faith because they don't believe it is the word of GOD, and it is easy to prove that.

    I hope it is clear.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '07 04:13
    Originally posted by ahosyney

    When I talk about the Bible, that is because you simply don't believe in Quran. So if I want to discuss Jesus with you it doesn't make any sense to discuss it through Quran, because you will not accept it. So my Quote and reading from the Bible is simpley to be able to understand your faith and discuss with you. But it has nothing to do with my faith or to prove anything to myself.
    But you have in the past used the Bible to try and prove that Christian teachings, such as Christ being divine and that he died for our sins, are not really taught in the Bible. Thus, the statement that you use the Bible to simply be able to understand our faith is a bit desceptive, don't you think?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 04:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    But you have in the past used the Bible to try and prove that Christian teachings, such as Christ being divine and that he died for our sins, are not really taught in the Bible. Thus, the statement that you use the Bible to simply be able to understand our faith is a bit desceptive, don't you think?
    I use the Bible to understand and disucss your faith. That is my words. And that is what I did. I used the Bible to prove to you that your faith doesn't match what the Bible say. But that has nothing to do with what my faith is.

    For example, the first Miracle in the Bible for Jesus is converting water into wine. While in Quran this miracle doesn't exist, his first miracle was speaking while he was a baby to prove that his mother is innocent from Adultry.

    So there is nothing in common between the two to use your Bible to prove Quran.

    Do you want to discuss your faith from Quran?

    Watch the Video it is a good start!!!!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '07 04:28
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]I use the Bible to understand and disucss your faith. That is my words. And that is what I did. I used the Bible to prove to you that your faith doesn't match what the Bible say. But that has nothing to do with what my faith is.
    But there is a big difference between understanding how people interpret scritpure and bashing them over the head with your interpretation of scripture that you insist contradicts my interpretation. Get it?
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    04 Sep '07 04:341 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    But there is a big difference between understanding how people interpret scritpure and bashing them over the head with your interpretation of scripture that you insist contradicts my interpretation. Get it?
    I don't see a single interpretation to the scripture that every one agree with. Actually the same scriptures result in many sects all claim to have the correct interpretation. So what makes my interpretation incorrect, and yours is correct, nothing. Only if it makes sense. Being a Muslim is not enough reason to reject it. You have to prove that my interpretation is not correct.

    Moreover I didn't force anyone to accept my interpretation, I just present it and you are free to reject it or accept it. But if being a Muslim is the only reason to refuse reject it then I think you are not a good follower of Jesus.

    There is a question I wanted to ask you for a long time: Do you love me?😕😛
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '07 04:42
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I don't see a single interpretation to the scripture that every one agree with. Actually the same scriptures result in many sects all claim to have the correct interpretation. So what makes my interpretation incorrect, and yours is correct, nothing. Only if it makes sense. Being a Muslim is not enough reason to reject it. You have to prove that my interpret ...[text shortened]... ower of Jesus.

    There is a question I wanted to ask you for a long time: Do you love me?😕😛
    Do I love you? You know I do. After all, I love you enough to take the time a trouble to show you what I percieve as the truth.

    Speaking of being a good follower of Jesus, do you love me? Do you love your enemies? Did Mohammad love his enemies? Does Allah love his enemies?
Back to Top