1. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 12:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll take that as a 'no' then. 🙂
    Not quite. I think many groups are persecuted for their religious beliefs and could probably list quite a few for which religious belief is part of it. My point was that it is not always easy to tell.

The Ahmadiyya here in Indonesia are an example of a group who are persecuted for reasons of religious doctrine alone.
    I agree that that is probably a clear cut case of purely religious persecution.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 12:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll take that as a 'no' then. 🙂

The Ahmadiyya here in Indonesia are an example of a group who are persecuted for reasons of religious doctrine alone.
    Yes they are also persecuted very badly in Pakistan.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 19:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes we are persecuted, it is documented and well known.

Like most Eritreans, I and my family had contributed to the liberation of Eritrea as
    freedom fighters for a number of years before the independence. After
    independence, I ( and one of my brothers) served in the police force. My religion is
    Orthodox Christian. But one of my sisters (who x, and had many an excellent
    discussion with me and accepted our literature readily 🙂
    Your not persecuted, JWs are just annoying. Being told you are annoying because you are annoying, is NOT persecution.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 19:211 edit
    Yes they are also persecuted very badly in Pakistan.
    Everybody is persecuted in Pakistan, including Pakistanis. Being annoying in Pakistan is just plain stupid because the extremists there are much less tolerant of annoying people
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 20:421 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your not persecuted, JWs are just annoying. Being told you are annoying because you are annoying, is NOT persecution.
    *In France, the government has officially branded Jehovah's Witnesses a "dangerous sect." In 2006 alone, 71 Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses were vandalized, firebombed, burned and shot at. Rather than offer protection, French government officials publicly call Jehovah's Witnesses "criminals" and impose a crippling 60-percent tax not levied on any other religion.

*South Korea has imprisoned 1,000 Jehovah's Witness ministers who are conscientious objectors to military service. Men who complete their jail time are re-drafted and given new prison sentences. Singapore only incarcerates Jehovah's Witnesses while other conscientious objectors are allowed to do non-military community service. In Turkey, a Jehovah's Witness was just handed his ninth prison term for refusal to bear arms.

*Moscow has outlawed Jehovah's Witnesses as a religion. They are not allowed to own houses of worship and are banned from practicing their faith anywhere. In other parts of Russia, police have raided services, beaten worshipers and jailed entire congregations. Uzbekistan has stripped its Jehovah's Witness communities of any legal status.

*Mexican authorities confiscated the farmland of 70 Jehovah's Witness families in 2005 and redistributed it to other settlers. Schools in Mexico fire teachers who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Eritrea: In 2006 the U.S. State Department reported that Eritrea "singled out Jehovah's Witnesses for particularly harsh treatment." The government revoked their citizenship, denied them jobs, and expelled their children from school. Men were jailed for refusal to do military service. Officials have arrested entire Jehovah's Witness congregations, holding members in metal shipping containers. Conscientious objectors Paulos Eyassu, 35, Negede Teklemariam, 34, and Isaac Mogos, 32, have spent more than 12 years in the remote Sawa prison camp. Tekle Tesfai, a 72-year-old Eritrean-born Dutch citizen, is serving a five-year prison sentence. All diplomatic efforts to win his release have failed.

*In India, mobs attacked Jehovah's Witnesses in door-to-door ministry - some beaten with fence posts -- in nine documented cases in 2006. Authorities refused to prosecute the assailants, but filed charges against the Jehovah's Witnesses for inciting the violence.

http://www.knocking.org/ReligiousPersecutionReport.html
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 20:46
    Everybody is persecuted in Pakistan, including Pakistanis. Being annoying in Pakistan is just plain stupid because the extremists there are much less tolerant of annoying people
    You dont know anything about it, clearly. Never the less, its a pointless exercise trying
    to convince you of the fact,

(Proverbs 17:10) . . .A rebuke works deeper in one having understanding than striking
    a stupid one a hundred times.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 20:51
    http://www.knocking.org/ReligiousPersecutionReport.html
    Lol, that's a site about a film made by JWs, hardly objective reporting. Keep drinking the kool-aid son.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 20:52
    You dont know anything about it, clearly. Never the less, its a pointless exercise trying

(Proverbs 17:10) . . .A rebuke works deeper in one having understanding than striking
    Christians are persecuted in various countries all over the world, interestingly none of them are JWs. Funny that.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 20:55
    Lol, that's a site about a film made by JWs, hardly objective reporting. Keep drinking the kool-aid son.
    actually its not made by Jehovahs witnesses, its a PBS documentary, shame for you
    you dont know anything, once again, its pointless trying to convince you otherwise,

(Proverbs 14:7) . . .Go away from in front of the stupid man, for you will certainly not take note of the lips of knowledge.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 20:572 edits
    Christians are persecuted in various countries all over the world, interestingly none of them are JWs. Funny that.
    waste someone else's time, i have nothing further to say to you, you have nothing of
    value to impart to me and i have nothing i want to give you,

(Proverbs 13:20)  He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that
    is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 21:252 edits
    actually its not made by Jehovahs witnesses
    The director was raised a JW!

A cursory glance through the site tells you it's an obvious JW propaganda vehicle
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 21:28

He could punch himself in the face with his own fist and he'd deny it till he was blue in the face....
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 21:31
    *tag- robbie ducks out in outrage at being disagreed with, and Galv steps in to pick up the persecution baton.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 21:57
    *tag- robbie ducks out in outrage at being disagreed with, and Galv steps in to pick up the persecution baton.
    I haven't ducked out nor am i angry, i simply have nothing to say to you, nor have you
    anything of value to impart to me.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 21:58
    I haven't ducked out nor am i angry, i simply have nothing to say to you, nor have you
    anything of value to impart to me.
    Yet you keep talking.

You are very noisy for someone with nothing to say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree