1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    01 Apr '16 21:52
    .
    http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/Brihadaranyaka_Upanishad.pdf

    When I look at this Brihadaranyaka by swami krishnananda, I cannot find the verse 6.4.9.21.

    Does the verse exists.

    Can you find the verse and translation in swami krishnananda translations of Brihadaranyaka.

    Apparently the verse posted last week which has caused trouble and strife ......cannot be found in the scripture it is suppose to belong to.

    It won,t go away........but I want to resolve this.

    Any ideas.
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    01 Apr '16 23:18
    Originally posted by Dasa
    .
    http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/Brihadaranyaka_Upanishad.pdf

    When I look at this Brihadaranyaka by swami krishnananda, I cannot find the verse 6.4.9.21.

    Does the verse exists.

    Can you find the verse and translation in swami krishnananda translations of Brihadaranyaka.

    Apparently the verse posted last week which has caused trouble and str ...[text shortened]... it is suppose to belong to.

    It won,t go away........but I want to resolve this.

    Any ideas.
    If you can't find it and you don't know whether it exists, how were you able to post what you said was the correct translation of it?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    01 Apr '16 23:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you can't find it and you don't know whether it exists, how were you able to post what you said was the correct translation of it?
    It was the meds.
  4. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    02 Apr '16 00:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you can't find it and you don't know whether it exists, how were you able to post what you said was the correct translation of it?
    😀
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    02 Apr '16 02:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you can't find it and you don't know whether it exists, how were you able to post what you said was the correct translation of it?
    You seem to think I care one way or the other.

    This verse was planted in the forum by an agitator and troublemaker last week.

    If I never see the verse ever again, that would be a great thing.
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    02 Apr '16 04:05
    Originally posted by Dasa
    [b]This verse was planted in the forum by an agitator and troublemaker last week.]
    But you provided the forum with what you said was the correct translation of it and then justified the rape that it depicted in your version of it. Don't worry about some other version of it. Let's talk about your version of it.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8576
    02 Apr '16 07:40
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You seem to think I care one way or the other.

    This verse was planted in the forum by an agitator and troublemaker last week.

    If I never see the verse ever again, that would be a great thing.
    Putting your hands over your eyes won't stop the verse from existing.

    As FMF has observed, if it did not exist how were you able to provide an alternative translation? Did you make that up?!

    Not to worry you, but the verse was just one example i found in the Vedas that was abhorrent. If you don't like that one, would you like to post other examples?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    02 Apr '16 12:03
    My guess is that someone has corrupted the Vedas little Bible. I guess you alone will then have to come up with the real Bible and inform us all what exactly that is.
  9. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    02 Apr '16 12:44
    Originally posted by Dasa
    http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/Brihadaranyaka_Upanishad.pdf

    When I look at this Brihadaranyaka by swami krishnananda, I cannot find the verse 6.4.9.21.

    Does the verse exists.

    Any ideas.
    Your confusion is caused by the fact that the PDF you linked to does not contain a full listing and translation of the Brihadaranyaka. It is instead a discussion of the Brihadaranyaka.
    You seem to know surprisingly little about your own holy books.

    Purchase this book:
    https://books.google.co.za/books?id=Lsp18ZvstrcC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

    For a more complete listing and translation.
  10. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    02 Apr '16 12:531 edit
    If you are too poor to buy the book, then try this one:
    http://ia600500.us.archive.org/28/items/BrahadaranyakaUpanishad-ShankaraBhashya-English-SwamiMadhavaananda/BrahadaranyakaUpanishad-Madhavaananda.pdf

    And the original text in Sanskrit, the perfect language, is there for all to see.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    02 Apr '16 21:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But you provided the forum with what you said was the correct translation of it and then justified the rape that it depicted in your version of it. Don't worry about some other version of it. Let's talk about your version of it.
    No..............

    I found a verse that was different to the one posted.

    There are 6 translation of the verse by different people............proving there are good translation and bad translations,

    If you want o resolve this you MUST get the translation from a pure devotee,
    otherwise it shall never be resolved.

    BUT I don't careless about this verse at all.

    It was a plant in the forum to create an argument with me.

    Such is the nature of persons in this forum to do such a things.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    02 Apr '16 21:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your confusion is caused by the fact that the PDF you linked to does not contain a full listing and translation of the Brihadaranyaka. It is instead a discussion of the Brihadaranyaka.
    You seem to know surprisingly little about your own holy books.

    Purchase this book:
    https://books.google.co.za/books?id=Lsp18ZvstrcC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

    For a more complete listing and translation.
    Yes ....and where is the discussion about the verse.

    YOU Find IT if you are sooooo interested in it, because I couldn't care less.

    And I do know very little about that ..........................thankfully
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    02 Apr '16 21:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Putting your hands over your eyes won't stop the verse from existing.

    As FMF has observed, if it did not exist how were you able to provide an alternative translation? Did you make that up?!

    Not to worry you, but the verse was just one example i found in the Vedas that was abhorrent. If you don't like that one, would you like to post other examples?
    It is wonderful and beautiful when you have the correct translation.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    02 Apr '16 22:21
    Originally posted by Dasa
    It is wonderful and beautiful when you have the correct translation.
    Give us a link to this correct translation.
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    02 Apr '16 22:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Give us a link to this correct translation.
    According to Dasa it's here in his first post on Thread 168125.
Back to Top