The New Bible

The New Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Feb 23

@divegeester said
”All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”
What's the justification for the inclusion of all Paul's writings? He never even met Jesus while he was alive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 23

@fmf said
What's the justification for the inclusion of all Paul's writings? He never even met Jesus while he was alive.
I have no idea other than to assume that his letters were classed as “scripture” by the Council of Nicaea at the time we’re deciding what should be in the Bible.

This is one of the reasons I have grown to question wether or not the handed down “Bible” is indeed a complete, inerrant and exclusive word of God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Feb 23

@moonbus said
Don’t remove anything. Add Notes to indicate which bits were situational only and not meant for everyone forever (e.g., Leviticus, applied only to the priest class, the Levites, returning to the Temple from exile); which bits are allegorical (the whole of the Book of Genesis); which bits are not actually rigid rules but more sort of guidelines (thou shalt not kill); which bit ...[text shortened]... an exterior exoteric institution which owns property and tv stations, crowns kings, and wages wars.
God’s upgraded version would definitely have better punctuation than this post by you.