The New Bible

The New Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 23
2 edits

What would be in it from the previous versions, what would be omitted and what would you add?

Edit; Assuming God were rewriting it that is.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 23

God would add footnotes indicating when a verse or passage was a metaphor and further explain that metaphors were not to be taken literally.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Feb 23

@divegeester said
God would add footnotes indicating when a verse or passage was a metaphor and further explain that metaphors were not to be taken literally.
Footnotes could still be misinterpreted. I think God would play it safe and put all the obvious metaphors in a purple font.

F

Moves
18 Feb 23

@divegeester said
What would be in it from the previous versions, what would be omitted and what would you add?

The Book of Revelation seems to be the most bogus item in the NT.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Footnotes could still be misinterpreted. I think God would play it safe and put all the obvious metaphors in a purple font.
I would support this amendment.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 23

@fmf said
The Book of Revelation seems to be the most bogus item in the NT.
Definitely needs a rewrite.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Feb 23

God would also change the title to:

How I did it
A guide to being a better person

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Feb 23

@divegeester said

My version of The New Bible
- the complete life, sayings, commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ.

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Feb 23

@divegeester said

Don’t remove anything. Add Notes to indicate which bits were situational only and not meant for everyone forever (e.g., Leviticus, applied only to the priest class, the Levites, returning to the Temple from exile); which bits are allegorical (the whole of the Book of Genesis); which bits are not actually rigid rules but more sort of guidelines (thou shalt not kill); which bits were embellished pseudo-history with a moral (the flight from Egypt); which bits are really essential to live in peace with one’s neighbors (love God, love your neighbor, love yourself); a clear indication in what form He intended His purpose for man to be carried forward (whether by the sword, by burning heretics, by forced conversions, by planting flags on continent’s beaches and claiming entire continents and their indigenous populations for Spain or for England, or not, as the case may be); whether “upon this rock I will build my church” meant an inner esoteric ‘church’ of the heart or an exterior exoteric institution which owns property and tv stations, crowns kings, and wages wars.

F

Moves
19 Feb 23

@divegeester said
Definitely needs a rewrite.
Maybe. Yeah, just get some ecclesiastical operative in the Vatican to claim he's had a "vision" and write some new opaque mumbo-jumbo that direct-line-to-God "thought leaders" [fundraisers] can use to bedazzled the masses and increase the power of corporate Christianity.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
21 Feb 23

@FMF
You're going to hell buddy.

F

Moves
21 Feb 23

@my2sons said
You're going to hell buddy.
Do I need to think different things?

mlb62

Moves
21 Feb 23
1 edit

@divegeester said

add: The Book of Enoch !! it was left out because it proved there were extra-terrestrial aliens ! they took Enoch in their space ship !

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Feb 23

@mlb62 said
add: The Book of Enoch !! it was left out because it proved there were extra-terrestrial aliens ! they took Enoch in their space ship !
”All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”[/b]

2 Tim: 3.16

And written hundreds of years before the Council of Nicaea decided what’s what.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Feb 23

@mlb62 said
Always with the aliens...