The New Covenant

The New Covenant

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

Christians are no longer under the Law, but under Grace (God’s unmerited favor) through faith in Christ Jesus.

Once you accept and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection, you receive God’s Holy Spirit within you and become a new creation in Christ.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

(2 Corinthians 5:17)

As a new creation in Christ, you are the righteousness of God in Christ.

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

(2 Corinthians 5:21)

The Apostle Paul repeatedly told Christians they are not under the Law and they cannot earn their righteousness. The righteousness of a Christian is a gift from God through faith in Christ Jesus.

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

(Galatians 2:21)

Unfortunately, some wrongly believe Christians will sin like crazy once they know they are not under the Law and know their true identity in Jesus Christ, but just the opposite is true.

Christians who know they are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus will walk out who they are.

Christians who think they are living under the Law will always feel condemned and unworthy of God’s love because no one can keep the Law perfectly. And that feeling of condemnation and alienation from God will cause them to sin more.

Because the chief accuser of Christians on this website cannot disagree without name calling and insults, I likely won’t be responding to (or even reading) posts in this thread.

I advise anyone who wants to learn more about the New Covenant and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to listen to and read Pastor Joseph Prince.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

(Ephesians 2:8-9)

“O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”

(Galatians 3:1-3)

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”

(Galatians 3:10-13)

“But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

(Galatians 3:23-26)

Moves
31 Jan 22

Moves
31 Jan 22

Moves
31 Jan 22

@PB1022

Conditional grace can go frolic itself to hell at its earliest convenience.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

Nothing gets atheists and Christ deniers angry like the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which *is* the Gospel of Grace.

Atheists and Christ deniers want Christians feeling defeated, condemned, unworthy of God’s love and alienated from God.

And they know the best way to do that is to make Christians think they are still living under the Law because no Christian - no human being - can keep the Law perfectly.

Jesus Christ said the two greatest commandments were to love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself.

No one can keep those commandments for *even one hour.*

And that’s what atheists and Christ deniers know and why they keep shoving the Law in the face of Christians - to make them feel like failures, to make them feel defeated and condemned and to make them feel unworthy of God’s love and rejected.

They’re not interested in conversations or debate. They’re interested in making Christians feel like trash.

They’re really despicable people and I’ve decided to ignore them and concentrate on chess, which is what I should have done a long time ago,

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

I advise anyone who wants to learn more about the New Covenant and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to listen to and read Pastor Joseph Prince.
So you dont want to tango with me. Hey thats fine and I completely understand. ..not many bible scholars can. They always trip up and say the wrong thing at some point. Your post is a good example and it contains a whole lot of nonsensical gibberish.

Now the above statement in your post is what caught my attention. Your advice to people is to listen to another fool just like yourself if they want to understand the Gospel of Christ or the New Covenant? Really ??? You think that man, a false teacher, can explain these doctrines better than Jesus and the Apostles ?

... and the blind leads the blind all the way into the ditch ... lol

Moves
01 Feb 22

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Nothing gets atheists and Christ deniers angry like the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which *is* the Gospel of Grace.

Atheists and Christ deniers want Christians feeling defeated, condemned, unworthy of God’s love and alienated from God.

And they know the best way to do that is to make Christians think they are still living under the Law because no Christian - no human being - ...[text shortened]... e decided to ignore them and concentrate on chess, which is what I should have done a long time ago,
Oh good grief, Uncle Marjoretta -- couldn't you have at least put on a freshly washed dress before you trotted out such platitudes?

Moves
01 Feb 22

Let us squabble against each other, light against light, and consider the result.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

It’s also interesting what Jesus Christ describes as sin in this passage from the Gospel of John:

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.”

(John 16:7-11)

Sin in the New Covenant is the sin of unbelief.

Christians are not under the Law because Jesus Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law and made us God’s righteousness in Him.

“The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

(1 Corinthians 15:56-57)

Praise Jesus! ✝️ 👍👍

Moves
01 Feb 22

Whereas the Spider Crystals of Arcturus never really "say" anything – they just listen and abide, one might suppose.

Moves
01 Feb 22

When he (Satan) lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8-44(b)

Moves
01 Feb 22

@divegeester

It's like trying to shepherd kitties in a kitty park, isn't it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22
1 edit

Christians are no longer under the Law, but under Grace (God’s unmerited favor) through faith in Christ Jesus.

That is right.
Grace outside of man is like unmerited favor.

Grace working within man is like power steering.
Christ becomes everytning a man needs.

The law she or he is now living by is a law of the Spirit of life. The innate ability to regulate, steer, channel man;s living in oneness with the resurrecrted Lord Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22
1 edit

Once you accept and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection, you receive God’s Holy Spirit within you and become a new creation in Christ.

That is right.
Contrary to what Rajk999 teaches, the Holy Spirit is to be with the believers forever. He is not on temporary loan. He is not revoked.

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever." (John 14:16)

Various lies to fight against this promise have been submitted like:

Rajk999 may offer this argument - " Jesus wasn't talking to you. "

Galveston and other "Jehovah Witnesses" will argue "That is not God but just a force"

Both arguments are wrong.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

That's my experience.
That will be my experience more.

The old creation did not have God in us.
The new creation is man with God living within him.

This is spear heading the new eternal age in which God will make all things new.
The one taking the lead to enter into that are those made a new creation by receiving Christ the resurrected Son of God into them as the life giving Spirit. That is the same Person as the Comforter He promised to send from the Father.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

The coming of this "Another Comforter" is the coming of Jesus Himself in another form.

" . . . the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him; but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you.

I will not leave you orphans; I am coming to you. (John 14:17,18)

The coming of this Spirit of reality, this another Comforter, is the coming of the One who was WITH the disciples but will be WITHIN the disciples.

The world does not behold Him. But He is Jesus in resurrection as the life giving Spirit coming to them NOT . . . leaving them as orphans.

"I will not leve you as orphans; I am coming to you,

Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer; but you behold Me; because eI live, you also shall live." (vs. 18,19)

We should not waste precious time. We need time to both receive Christ and learn to live by Him. It is the greatest honor to learn to turn own's whole being over to the indwelling Lord Spirit - Jesus in resurrection.

2 Cor. 3:17 - Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom."

This, we might say is the greatest artform. This surpasses the skill of carving a great scupture; of writing a great novel; of composing a great opera; etc.

This is the unspeakable honor and skill of learing to turn over one's whole heart to the Lord Jesus. This is the greatest skill and of eternal value. That is to allow Christ to make His home in every chamber of our heart through faith.