The no-mind thesis

The no-mind thesis

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
If you're not interested in this question, it's OK.
I don't understand what you are asking.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I don't understand what you are asking.
Oh well, never mind.

Grass Farmer

Moves
16 Feb 22
1 edit

astral travel or oobe(out of body experience) isn't a christenophobic point.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
16 Feb 22

@mchill said
I can't tell you exactly where our mind is located, but would suggest if you didn't have one, your rating would be well below 1000 😏
These are cheap shots.

Higher rating does not necessarily mean "smarter". It just means, "better at chess".

If you never study chess theory, you won't get good, no matter how smart you are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@bigdogg said
These are cheap shots.

Higher rating does not necessarily mean "smarter". It just means, "better at chess".

If you never study chess theory, you won't get good, no matter how smart you are.
Don’t think it was a cheap shot, you could not think without a mind so there would be nothing but automatic responses to whatever simulates us. There would be no reasoning.

Moves
17 Feb 22

@fmf said
Is there such a thing as "the mind" and if there is where is it?

"The no-mind thesis doesn’t mean that people are ‘merely bodies’. Instead, it means that, when faced with a whole person, we shouldn’t think that they can be divided into a ‘mind’ and a ‘body’, or that their properties can be neatly carved up between the ‘mental’ and the ‘non-mental’.

[The no-mind thesi ...[text shortened]... ull here https://tinyurl.com/ynkya2rp

Podacast: https://tinyurl.com/2p8e7hbt

Thoughts?
I (so to speak) like this idea.