The one work that will only matter

The one work that will only matter

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
28 Aug 14

The one work that will truly only matter in the end is this:

Isa. 52:7
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Rom. 10:15
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

That because:
Isa. 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

In the end we will give back the crowns that the redeemed will receive.
http://www.g-m-a-g.com/message5.htm
Crown #2

Five Crowns in the Bible for Believers

There are five Crowns which can be given to believers, found in the scriptures.

1. The incorruptible crown: 1 Cor. 9:24,25. This is also called the imperishable crown. This crown is given to believers who faithfully run the race, who crucify every selfish desire in the flesh and point men to Jesus.

2. The crown of rejoicing: 1 Thess. 2:19, 20. & Dan 12:3 To those who faithfully are witnesses to the saving grace of God and leads souls to Jesus. This crown has also been named the soul winner's crown.

3. The crown of life: James 1:12. For those believers who endure trials, tribulations, and severe suffering, even unto death Rev. 2:8-11. This crown is also referred to as the martyr's crown.

4. The crown of righteousness: 2 Tim. 4:8. To those who love the appearing of Christ, who anxiously wait and look forward to the day when He will return for His saints. This crown is given to those who have lived a good and righteous life for God while living down here on earth.

5. The crown of glory: 1 Pet. 5:1~4. This is the pastor’s crown and will be given to the ministers who faithfully feed the flock of God. . This probably could also include preachers, teachers, Sunday School teachers, missionaries and all those who teach the Word of God in their respective ministries.

For more details on this subject link to Five Crowns in the Bible for Believers and for other messages Saved by Grace not Works

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Aug 14

Originally posted by RBHILL

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written ...[text shortened]... t link to Five Crowns in the Bible for Believers and for other messages Saved by Grace not Works
Well done...but born again Christians are "new" creatures. We are the righteousness of God. We are not sin conscience, we have the same power that raised Christ from the dead IN us.
Praise God!

R

California

Moves
28 Aug 14

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Well done...but born again Christians are "new" creatures. We are the righteousness of God. We are not sin conscience, we have the same power that raised Christ from the dead IN us.
Praise God!
Even the idol worshiper Abraham was found righteous with God when he believed by faith. And this was before the law was given. God never changes. God wants a covenent with his people not rules to fallow.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Aug 14

Even the idol worshiper Abraham was found righteous with God when he believed by faith. And this was before the law was given. God never changes. God wants a covenent with his people not rules to fallow.
Amen to that...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 14
1 edit

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written ...[text shortened]... t link to Five Crowns in the Bible for Believers and for other messages Saved by Grace not Works
Most Christians [like you for example] cannot stomach the teachings of Christ. Yet you have to audacity to claim that you follow Christ.

In another thread you said:

1. Good works: wide is the gate and a way that seems right?

2. Jesus: the way, the truth, and the life also the narrow gate, the safer route!

Christ is the narrow gate you say. Yet in this thread you have not quoted one solitary quote from the teachings of Christ.

R

California

Moves
28 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Most Christians [like you for example] cannot stomach the teachings of Christ. Yet you have to audacity to claim that you follow Christ.

In another thread you said:

1. Good works: wide is the gate and a way that seems right?

2. Jesus: the way, the truth, and the life also the narrow gate, the safer route!

Christ is the narrow gate you say. Yet in this thread you have not quoted one solitary quote from the teachings of Christ.
All Scripture is God breathed, so that means it came from Jesus!

Even Jesus says no one is good but God!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 14

All Scripture is God breathed, so that means it came from Jesus!

Even Jesus says no one is good but God!
Christ has the words of eternal life. If you think you can pay Christ lip service and get eternal life you will be in for a shock.

R

California

Moves
28 Aug 14
3 edits

Christ has the words of eternal life. If you think you can pay Christ lip service and get eternal life you will be in for a shock.
I don't.

Lip service like this: Lord I did lots of good things let me in. Or Lord I trusted you for my salvation alone. Or is it like Lord I said my 10 hail Mary's and 10 Our Fathers? Or lord I am not like that tax collector. The only lip service God would truly want if you call it that is Lord I am an unworthy sinner forgive me/have mercy on me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 14

I don't

Lip service like this: Lord I did lots of good things let me in. Or Lord I trusted you for my salvation alone. Or is it like Lord I said my 10 hail Mary's and 10 Our Fathers?
Im not sure you hit the nail on the head re lip service.

Lip service means just that ie worshipping with the mouth and not the heart. So paying lip service to Christ means just talking.

While proper acceptable worship of Christ means following his commandments, refraining from sin and living as Christ did. Unfortunately you call all that works and you speak against such things

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Aug 14

Lip service means just that ie worshipping with the mouth and not the heart. So paying lip service to Christ means just talking.

While proper acceptable worship of Christ means following his commandments, refraining from sin and living as Christ did. Unfortunately you call all that works and you speak against such things
Do you really think you are a shining example of how to follow Christ's commandments? Really?

I see how you talk down to all your Christian brothers. You assume many things you have no idea about them. How can you possibly think you follow all Christ's commandments? It is your words that are the lip service. You are the hypocrite Jesus warned. You talk the talk, but I don't see you walking the walk. You're the one who will be saying "Lord, Lord" at Judgement. You criticize everyone in this forum, but you are the one who would best benefit from following your own advice.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Aug 14

"While proper acceptable worship of Christ means following his commandments, refraining from sin and living as Christ did."

Ok. So worshipping Christ is obedience to Christ. That's good Rajk. Who would argue with that?

But worship isn't the issue. Salvation is the issue. If one obtains eternal life by obedience to Christ, then I ask you again as I have before, what about the cross of Christ? What did Jesus die for?

Be brave this time Rajk. Answer!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
30 Aug 14

The main part of the obedience to Christ starts with realizing that one can't be righteous enough to please God apart from Christ........ The cross was to pay for sin for all but not all will believe or obey if you will

Manny

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Aug 14

Originally posted by menace71
The main part of the obedience to Christ starts with realizing that one can't be righteous enough to please God apart from Christ........ The cross was to pay for sin for all but not all will believe or obey if you will

Manny
You said it well menace. Obedience to Christ begins with the faith of Jesus Christ. Excellent point.

Romans3:22
Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The righteousness of God is unto all by faith of Jesus Christ, and upon all them that believe.

Unto, available to all. Upon, given to them that believe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 14

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"While proper acceptable worship of Christ means following his commandments, refraining from sin and living as Christ did."

Ok. So worshipping Christ is obedience to Christ. That's good Rajk. Who would argue with that?

But worship isn't the issue. Salvation is the issue. If one obtains eternal life by obedience to Christ, then I ask you again as ...[text shortened]... ore, what about the cross of Christ? What did Jesus die for?

Be brave this time Rajk. Answer![/b]
My point exactly, Rajk seems to belittle the cross. If one has to earn salvation by works, then why did Jesus have to suffer and die?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Aug 14

Originally posted by checkbaiter
My point exactly, Rajk seems to belittle the cross. If one has to earn salvation by works, then why did Jesus have to suffer and die?
For some strange reason he avoids the topic of the cross like the plague.

Not really a strange reason though. The cross makes void one's own self righteousness.