1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 10:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A thousand times?

And you lack the ability and drive to point me to ONE ??
    I don't know why you'd say that Rajk. It's not my "ability and drive" that's lacking, it's your wall that's blocking it.

I think they main contention you have against traditional Christian teaching is in the area of the doctrine of salvation, and especially concerning how one recieves/gets/has/acquires eternal life.

You have the idea that most Christians, and especially those posting in this forum, believe that eternal life is a free gift of God's grace, and you would be correct in that assumption.

But then you seem to have the predilection that eternal life is not free when you assert that eternal life is had by keeping the law.

Obedience to Christ and to the commandments of the Word of God is for sanctification, and not salvation. Salvation, and eternal life for the believer was purchased with the blood of Christ.

Do you understand what I'm saying Rajk?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 20:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't know why you'd say that Rajk. It's not my "ability and drive" that's lacking, it's your wall that's blocking it.

I think they main contention you have against traditional Christian teaching is in the area of the doctrine of salvation, and especially concerning how one recieves/gets/has/acquires eternal life.

You have the idea that most Christia ...[text shortened]... the believer was purchased with the blood of Christ.

Do you understand what I'm saying Rajk?
    Well I can take each sentence and make a thread out of it, and I have discussed all the points raised in your statement already at some point. In short you can end up with the doctrine you stated only by ignoring some of what the Bible says.

So Let me tackle one point and see how that goes. This statement :

But then you seem to have the predilection that eternal life is not free when you assert that eternal life is had by keeping the law.

I have always said that it is both faith and works that is important for eternal life. I think James says something along those lines. In fact Christ and all the Apostles makes a case for both faith and works.

To me harping on what is free and what is not free is nitpicking when other more important matters like righteousness and good works are far greater issues.

So first can you tell me what you mean by keeping the law?

When Paul speaks of law keeping he is referring to the Law of Moses. What is your take on that. Is he referring to the Law/commandments of Christ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree