1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 21:50
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Give me a bit of time, to search out references.

There have been some pretty strict positions taken by rabbis over the centuries regarding sex outside of marriage, and women have been suppressed in Judaism as well as other places (e.g., there are no women rabbis in orthodox Judaism today, whereas there are in the other divisions).

However, sex itself i ...[text shortened]... ir credit--have ever viewed sexuality as vile or fraught with potential immorality or whatever.
    I'd much prefer the first sentence this way...

"There have been some pretty strict positions taken by rabbits over the centuries regarding sex outside of marriage, and women have been suppressed in Judaism as well as other places (e.g., there are no women rabbits in orthodox Judaism today, whereas there are in the other divisions)."
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I'd much prefer the first sentence this way...

"There have been some pretty strict positions taken by rabbi[b]t
    s over the centuries regarding sex outside of marriage, and women have been suppressed in Judaism as well as other places (e.g., there are no women rabbits in orthodox Judaism today, whereas there are in the other divisions)."[/b]
    ROFL!! I will take that under advisement in the future. 🙂
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    ROFL!! I will take that under advisement in the future. 🙂
    Well, come on, have you seen any women rabbits taking place in organised (or even disorganised) religion? 😀

[edit; Bullfrogs on the other hand...]
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 00:383 edits
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well, come on, have you seen any women rabbits taking place in organised (or even disorganised) religion? 😀

[edit; Bullfrogs on the other hand...]
    I haven't noticed any male rabbits taking place in organized or disorganized religion. Maybe we have a thing or two to learn from rabbits...?

EDIT: Ooops, missed your edit. 🙂

EDIT EDIT: "Jeremiah was a bullfrog..."
  5. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 14:44
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    "The Lord is come."

🙄
    what do you call cream droplets falling from the sky???????????

the coming of the Lord!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree