1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 10:231 edit
    This is how you take the text from John 8 at face value:

"34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    --Those who commit sin are slaves.

" 31 ...If you continue in My word,

Continue in His word?
    Why according to you is there a need to continue ?

If you're free your free.

If in a given second all sinning is gone from your life forever in one instant, never to fail again, then what is the need to "continue" in His word ?

Obviously, continuing implies an on going process.

then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

Then what is the need to "continue" in His word?
    According to your view either you're free or your're a slave, period.

--Those who are true disciples of Jesus are freed from the slavery of committing sin and are no longer slaves.

The only one who stays in the house of God is the Son of God. So all who make up the house have to be transformed by the Son to be like the Son.

The Son is the only one who can free.
    You are teaching that the Son of God is not needed to become free.
    You teach you just exercise self reform and self improvement and you're free.

You are really using the words of Jesus to object to and counter Jesus.
    And WHY are you complaining about Biblical Literalism if you are saying I am not being literal enough ???

"36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
    --Jesus reemphasizes that his true disciples are indeed made free from committing sin.

" 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”
    --Those who continue to commit sin will not have eternal life. Those who no longer commit sin will have eternal life.

So you are complaining about Biblical Literalism and objecting that you take the passage more literally than I do ?

Maybe you need to decide which debate you want to have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree