1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 05:031 edit
    It is the time of the rebirth. The spring equinox is at hand and the old winter slowly leaves us. We are are watching the yearly cyclce of growth and life once again taking the land and transforming it. This is a time for celebration.

Many religions have considered this to be a holy part of the year. To all of them I say Happy easter.

Nyxie
  2. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 05:11
    Dr. Fred Price on Trinity Broadcasting just preached that the crucifixion took place on a Wednesday, not on Friday as (most?) churches tell you.
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 05:19
    The norse and germanic year was split between two season, summer and winter. Summer began at the festival of Eostre close to the spring equinox.

This is a celebration of renewal, fertitlity, and rejoicing. The gift of colored eggs can be traced back to this ancient holiday. It was a way of wishing friends and family prosperity in the coming year. Eggs represented new life. The rabbit was regarded as a symbol of this holiday because of it's reemergence at this time of year, and it's amazing procreative abilities.

Nyxie
  4. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 11:34
    Happy Spring Equinox to all good Northern Hemisphere folk.

In honour of your spring, my wife and I will, by Monday, have planted over eighty trees in celebration of new life. A far better use of time than burning candles in churches.

Henry
  5. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 11:50
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Happy Spring Equinox to all good Northern Hemisphere folk.

In honour of your spring, my wife and I will, by Monday, have planted over eighty trees in celebration of new life. A far better use of time than burning candles in churches.

Henry
    What a wonderful way to celebrate the spring!

I and many nameless future generations thank you.

Nyxie
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 14:48
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Dr. Fred Price on Trinity Broadcasting just preached that the crucifixion took place on a Wednesday, not on Friday as (most?) churches tell you.
    There are a lot of other things I wish he would say on Trinity Broadcasting Network. His website recounts all the heretical sayings of frequent guests on TBN such as Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyers, Kenneth Copeland, etc. I luv seein a brotha take it to tha man. Know what I'm saying?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree