1. Standard memberDeepfault
    Devil's Advocate
    On the Fence
    Moves
    22 Jul '05 23:47
    Ok what if.....

What if god exists...

Then what if the other guy also exists (Satan, the devil whatever)...

What is his plan? Does he also move in mysterious ways? What's his beef with the main man?

Obviously he is the deceiver... he sows some pretty impressive lies to make your average punter decide to risk eternal damnation (whatever that is) and believe his version of the truth.

What are those lies?

Well the lies have to be something to allow him to progress his plan(s).

Is he looking for the destruction of all that has been wrought by God? A way to depose God? A higher score in souls then God?

It seems to me if the devil is the enemy then we should seek to understand how the enemy thinks in order to overcome him in ourselves if not also in general.

Yet very little apart from trite and stupid propaganda is spouted about the fellow. The same sort of rubbish that is spouted about terrorists by politicians.. they are fundamentally evil, psychotic and have no real case, justification or significant motivation for blowing themselves up etc…

If we are to detect and avoid the lies then we should attempt to understand them to some degree.

Don't give me the usual rubbish about trusting in god, Jesus and the church as the apparent influence of the dark one has found its way into EVERY church over the years, manifesting itself as all sorts of unpleasantness from child abuse through to the Spanish inquisition etc etc...

No we need a new theology (assuming it has not been done already) .. know and study your enemy so you can defeat him.

One last point, what with God being omnipotent, being able to see past, present AND future and all that stuff and the other chap only having really lies and deception to utilise as a counterforce is curious. It implies that if he IS in fact a counterforce worth reckoning with he must be SERIOUSLY good at lying and deceiving.

None of this sign this contract and you can live forever or God does not really exist fibs, that is child’s play and only idiots would fall for those.

He must use serious and fundamental lies that go to the heart of everything, lies that ALL people could be taken in by whether they be believers in God or not, a lie that shapes society and by it very nature turns people away from God without them even being aware of it.

What could they be?

I have an idea, a possibility......
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 00:03
    Originally posted by Deepfault
    Ok what if.....

What if god exists...

Then what if the other guy also exists (Satan, the devil whatever)...

What is his plan? Does he also move in mysterious ways? What's his beef with the main man?

Obviously he is the deceiver... he sows some pretty impressive lies to make your average punter decide to risk eternal damnation (whatever that i ...[text shortened]... thout them even being aware of it.

What could they be?

I have an idea, a possibility......
    I'd have to say that one of his greatest 'accomplishments' is convincing people that he doesn't exist.

3. Standard memberDeepfault
    Devil's Advocate
    On the Fence
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 00:33

Well this is most certainly a starting point... but is it enough of a lie?

He must be the hidden hand, but just convincing people he does not exist is not really much of a big lie.

He has to also make them behave in someway surely, enact some destructive agenda?

Perhaps promote some philosophy or belief set that is fundamental and can cross all barriers of ideas and cultures. Some lie that can penetrate into every political system and every religion and pervert them all. This lie would be seen as a truth of course or perhaps a part of our universe that is so fundamental it is taken as read without question.

What could this lie be?

How about the lie of ... the benefit and necessity of efficiency.

Epitomised in the two universal laws of the acquisition….

Every system should ….
    1. Become more efficient internally.
    2. Increase the number of external resources it controls directly or indirectly.

The fundamental mantra of evolution, capitalism and expansionist ideologies both religious and political.

Surely these laws are themselves a lie designed to foster systems that are fundamentally anti-god as he is represented in the bible.

This is a complex and involved argument anyone up for it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree