1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 14:272 edits
    We should be wary teachings of today’s Christianity which cause Christians to get out of the house. That is to not abide in Christ. We should realize the danger of any teaching from me or anyone else that influences the believers to no longer remain in the standing of redemption.

When the blood was sprinkled on the doorpost and its lentil the Hebrews were to REMAIN in the house. The lamb not only represents Christ. The house that they were to remain in also represents Christ.

Once we are saved, we need to remain in the very place where we have been redeemed, in the place where the blood has been sprinkled. Here in this place we have the house.

Throughout the life of the Christian the redeeming blood keeps us in Christ.
    That means it keeps us in touch with the living presence of Christ. We do not mean that you can lose eternal redemption after being put into Christ.

But eternal redemption is not the only goal. To eat Christ and be constituted with the Christ that we eat is needed for a practical daily salvation.

Whenever we try in our own energy to do something for God, we violate the principle of redemption. The principle of redemption is that there is no need for us to do anything other than to exercise our hyssop, our faith, to apply the blood.

Whenever our hyssop, our little amount of faith applies the blood to our lives we are again brought to His presence. Some who never apply the blood have a conscience which gets smutty and dull and shipwrecks their practical fellowship with God.

Through the blood of Christ we can enter into Christ. Let us remain in the place of redemption, in the house with the blood-sprinkled entrance. We should not practice those things which cause us to come out of the house.
    When the believer becomes aware of that which reduces her or his enjoyment of Christ as a realm, the blood should again be applied.

"Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your precious blood of redemption. I take Your precious blood over the whole night. I apply Your precious redeeming blood over the whole day of yesterday. In fact Lord Jesus for this whole upcoming day I believe in the cleansing power of Your blood. Lord do erase all of my failures, all my mistakes."

With prayer like this we can remain abiding in Christ. That is remaining in the house. That is remaining in the place of redemption.

We should "stay in the house" where we participate in the Passover.
    Paul said that as we RECEIVED Christ Jesus the Lord we should continue to WALK in Him.

Colossians 2:6

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Therefore, just as you have received Yeshua The Messiah Our Lord, walk in him,

Jubilee Bible 2000
    Therefore in the manner in which ye received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him,

King James 2000 Bible
    As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him:

2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    We should be wary teachings of today’s Christianity which cause Christians to get out of the house. That is to not abide in Christ. We should realize the danger of any teaching from me or anyone else that influences the believers to no longer remain in the standing of redemption.

When the blood was sprinkled on the doorpost and its lentil the Hebrews we ...[text shortened]... 00 Bible

As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him:

[/quote][/b]
    This is strength. Thanks for the reminder!

This morning, I prayed to God for strength. Strength to withstand the corrupting influence of the world. I often pray for this.

Just for today, He pointed me here, to this thread. What a gift! A love gift for Valentine's Day from God. Certainly I will feel His joyfulness all day. 🙂
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 12:54
    When the believer first receives Jesus, He is enjoyed the feast of Passover.
    A Feast in the Bible always means enjoyment.
    I pointed out that the Feast of the Passover is followed by or continued even, in the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

This means that the enjoyment of being redeemed should immediately be continued by the enjoyment of a life ridding itself from sin. The feast of unleavened bread is a symbol of ridding one's life from all exposed and found out sin.

. This indicates that a Christian’s enjoyment should not cease. It is abnormal that the enjoyment of Christ as the Redeemer should stop after the salvation event. Rather, for one's whole Christian life, in ups and downs, there should be a continuation of the enjoyment of Christ. The feasting should continue.

However, in the experience of many Christians, the feast of Passover is not followed by the feast of unleavened bread. At the time of their conversion, they were joyful. But this enjoyment did not last, because they did not observe the feast of unleavened bread.

The enjoyment of salvation will suffer and even stop if the Christian does not deal with their sinful living. If they continue to tolerate corruption they are not keeping the Feast of Unleavended Bread for seven days. The seven days represents one's whole life. We have to look to the Lord Jesus that we do not allowed the leaven that was exposed to remain. If we do not deal with sin that had been exposed during our "seven days" - ie. during our lifetime our feasting, our enjoyment of Christ will suffer.

The joyless Christian may even become bitter and cynical. We have seen this many times. For this reason the Apostle Paul talked about putting away the leaven of malice and evil. The evil mood of malice is also a corrupting sinful leaven spoiling the Christian feast.

"So then let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." ( 1 Cor. 5:8)

Many Christians do not observe the feast of unleavened bread. After we receive the Lord and are saved, we should continue our enjoyment by dealing with sin. This should last not just for one day, but for seven days.

Seven days means it should last throughout the course of our life. Our whole life after we are saved should be a feast of unleavened bread.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 13:041 edit
    Paul's teaching to put away old leaven from the Christian feast is in First Corinthians 5. In verse 7 Paul says, “Purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, even as you are unleavened. For indeed our Passover, Christ, has been sacrificed.”

Leaven is a corrupting ingredient that makes hard bread easier to eat. When you wish to make bread easier to chew you add leaven to the meal. The symbol of leaven in the Bible usually points to tolerating corruption to spoil the spiritual life. Old things just remain as if there has been no change in one's life.

By turning to our regenerated spirit and mixing our reading of the word of God with our praying faith, we can purge out the leaven. It is good to start each day in this manner. We take in the word of God mixing our reading with faith and thanksgiving. And the old corrupted thought patterns can be purged out of our hearts.

Verse 8 he goes on to tell us to “keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with leaven of malice and evil, but with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.” Day by day we need to keep the feast of unleavened bread. We should keep this feast throughout the course of our Christian life until we see the Lord.

We should also feast with at least one or two others. Do not wait for a large meeting to feast and enjoy Christ. Even two or three gathered together in His name can be a feast.

We put away gossip and small talk. We dedicate some portion of time to FEAST on the word of God touching Christ the Spirit with our spirit. We confess and apply the blood of Christ. And we purge out any leaven EXPOSED or shinned upon by the Holy Spirit.

In "sincerity and truth" we keep the enjoyment with a few companions who ALSO desire to enjoy Christ and grow in Christ.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 13:18
    You should be able to see the way the Apostle Paul allegorized the Passover and the feast of unleavened bread.

"Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?

Purge out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, even as you are unleavened; for our Passover, Christ, also has been sacrificed.

So then let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." (1 Cor. 5:6-8)

Paul says here that Christ the Christian's Passover. Christ our Passover has been sacrificed. We Christians should purge out the old leaven. We believers in Jesus should keep the feast of unleavened bread. We should continue in our enjoyment of Christ by purging away from our living all exposed sin.

We keep this feast by dealing with sin and by living a sinless life. Whenever something sinful is exposed, we immediately deal with it. In this way no leaven shall be seen in our houses.

The more we "eat Him" by contacting Him deep in our inner being, turning our heart to Christ both alone and together, the more we shall become unleavened. Sinful things will be purged out even because we have found something so much more enjoyable - living unto Christ.

The only way to eliminate sin is to eat Christ’s crucified, resurrected, and sinless life. As we take Christ in more and more the old leaven will go out. The enjoyment of Christ itself will purge out all that seeks to dampen that enjoyment.

We have to open our mouths and call on the name of Jesus Christ. We should pray and praise Him aloud when we can. We should come together with some one or two other seeking companions, and together enjoy the Feast of Unleavened Bread - the sin purging out Christ.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 15:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Doctrine of Passover July 23, 2010

Outline

I. Definition and Description

A. Passover is one of 7 Feasts of Israel.

B. The 23rd chapter of the book of Leviticus gives us an account of the 7 Great Feasts of the Lord.

C. They were a prophecy and foreshadowing of future events, part of which have been fulfilled, and part are yet ...[text shortened]... a.org/?page_id=407

Note: Great thread, sonship. This outline will be continued if you wish.
    Doctrine of Passover July 23, 2010

Outline

Y. The following Feasts were literally fulfilled by the Lord Jesus Christ during the dispensation of the hypostatic union:
    1. Passover: His voluntary substitutionary spiritual death on the cross in April of 30 A.D.
    2. Unleavened Bread: His impeccability as a Person.

Z. Pentecost was literally fulfilled when the Baptism of the Spirit took place in June of 30 A.D.which marked the beginning of the Church Age.

AA. The following Feasts are eschatological in nature and thus have yet to be literally fulfilled:

1. Trumpets: Rapture or exit-resurrection of the Church terminating the Church Age.
    2. Atonement: 2nd Advent of Christ ending the Tribulation dispensation.
    3. Tabernacles: Millennial Reign of Christ on planet earth.

II. Vocabulary

A. Pesach (jsp) (peh’sagh) (noun), “passover.”
    B. Pascha (paVsxa) (noun), “passover.”

III. Documentation
    A. Leviticus 23:4-5
    B. 1 Corinthians 5:7

IV. Feast

A. Passover and the feast of Unleavened Bread as a unit constituted the most important of the 3 great annual feasts or festivals of Israel.

B. It was indifferently called the feast of the Passover and the feast of Unleavened Bread, but where the object was to mark the distinction between the Passover as a sacrifice and as a feast following the sacrifice, the latter was designated the feast of Unleavened Bread (Lev. 23:5-6).

C. The Passover is documented in Exodus 12 and Leviticus 23.

D. The Hebrew word pesah (from pasah, to “leap over,” figuratively to “spare, show mercy” ) denotes:
    1. an overstepping
    2. the paschal sacrifice by virtue of which the passing over was effected (Ex. 12:21, 27, 48; 2 Chron. 30:15).

E. The paschal meal was on the evening of the 14th day of Nisan (post-exilic; Abib, exilic), and the 7 days following are called the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Lev. 23:5-6)., hence the expression “the morrow of the
    Passover” for the 15th day of Nisan (Num. 33:3; Josh. 5:11).

F. The whole feast, including the paschal eve, is called the festival of Unleavened Bread (Ex. 23:15; Lev. 23:6; Ezra 6:22; Luke 22:1, 7; Acts 12:3; 20:6); but the simple name “Passover” (Hebrew: pesah) is the one
    commonly used by the Jews to the present day for the festival of Unleavened Bread (2 Chron. 30:15; 35:1, 11; Mark 14:1; Greek: pascha).

G. The Passover commemorated the final plague in Egypt in which the 1st born of the Egyptians died, but the Israelites were spared by the blood on the doorposts and lintel (Ex. 12:11, 21, 27, 43, 48).

H. Thereafter the event was observed as a feast to the Lord (12:14).

I. The 2nd Passover was observed in the wilderness of Sinai (Num. 9:1-5).

J. The Passover marked the birth of Israel as a Client Nation to God (Ex. 12:2) and was to be observed by them forever as a memorial.

K. It was observed in the 1st month (Abib; Deut. 16:1; the 1st month is called Nisan in post-exilic times: Neh. 2:1; Esth. 3:7) on the 14th day at twilight between 3-6pm (Lev. 23:5).

L. The head of every Jewish family chose a male lamb without blemish on the 10th Abib (Ex. 12:3l 1 Pet. 1:18- 19) and killing it on the 14th Abib (12:6) with none of its bones broken (literally fulfilled at the cross by Christ).

M. The lamb typified the humanity of Christ in hypostatic union Who was proclaimed by John the Baptist as “the lamb of God” (John 1:29).

N. The blood was to be sprinkled on the doorposts and lintel of the house with hyssop (typifying the sinner being cleansed from sin through faith alone in Christ alone since hyssop was a symbol of purification), so that when the Lord passed over that night and saw the blood He would spare the 1st born in the house.

O. The lamb was to be roasted and served up whole (portraying the perfect obedience of Christ to the Father’s plan for the Incarnation which was the cross), and eaten with unleavened bread (typifying the impeccability of the humanity of Christ in hypostatic union) and bitter herbs (portraying the bitterness of slavery in Egypt), and none of it left until the morning. 2002 William E. Wenstrom, Jr. Bible Ministries (to be continued)

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=407
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 12:23
    The first and the last day of the Feast of Unleavened bread are signigicant.

Exodus 12:16 says, “And in the first day there shall be a holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be a holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.”

God said no manner of work was to be done on the first and last days of the feast of unleavened. This signifies that in the enjoyment of God’s salvation, there is no place for our work.

We must learn to stop our doing.
    We must learn to cease our struggling and striving
    We must learn that our work for God is futile but Christ is adaquate for everything.

The Christian should not resolve to self reform, self improve, or muster up the energy to be a better anything. It is vain for the Christian husband to resolve to be a more loving husband. And it is futile for the Christian wife to embark on self improvement effort to be a more submissive wife. It is vain even for the Christian child to put forth more effort to honor his parents.

All this is human work. The only thing we can do is take in Christ, enjoy Christ, believe that Christ can be all things in us and for us. There is only room for "eating Jesus."

"As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

To eat Jesus is to take Him as adequate to be for us everything we need. We allow Him to make His home in our hearts and in every part of our hearts by faith. We tell Him that in this thing and in that thing we simply need Him. We take Him into each chamber of our living asking and believing that He can live again within us.

In the feast of unleavened bread on the first day and the last day the only thing the Passed Over people were commanded to do was to feast and not work. They were to stop working and enjoy eating. This indicates that as we partake of God’s salvation, there is room only for enjoyment, not for working. Do not try to do anything—just eat Jesus Christ and enjoy Jesus Christ.

Some may take this to mean the Christian is so passive that he becomes physically idle. No, there is a way that in living, in going about out daily obligations we are not laboring in ourselves but trusting continually on the living Spirit of Jesus Christ within.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 12:561 edit
    In today’s Christianity is just the opposite of enjoying Christ to be our everything is sorely absent.

Instead of eating, there is working.
    Instead of feasting on Christ there is sermon after sermon charging people to engage in certain kinds of work. Even the charge to go out and be "good people" for God contradicts the principle of God’s salvation. The picture of God’s salvation is one which does not allow us to do any work.

But the fallen nature which was injected into s from Satan ALWAYS wants to "do good" and work for God. Don't think the Devil is not concerned about working for God. If he cannot keep you in unbelief or Atheism then when you do believe Satan will inspire you to try to work, work, work for God.

Many people upon believing in Jesus Christ are subtly driven by the old serpentine nature to immediately make up their our mind to do certain things.

They may say "Now that I am a Christian I resolve not to lose my temper anymore." That is the principle of going off to work for God. It doesn't work and it robs one of the joy of salvation eventually.

Another person may say "Now that I have become a Christian I decide to be humble." They may even ask God to help them be humble.
    They may pray that God would help them not to lust anymore. But what they have in mind is "working" for God. They want more energy to do more work. But Jesus Christ makes no allowance for this kind of work. In God’s salvation we are only allowed to eat.

We are allowed to feast on Christ - confessing that He must be our all. He must be IN us our conscration, our love, our humility, our self control. It is better to praise Him in this way -

"Lord Jesus. You are everything I need. Lord Jesus if You are not living in Me as all I need my own self effort will never due. Lord I could not rescue myself from the judgment of God. And now that I am saved by You I still need You to live in Me. Thankyou Lord Jesus for being my everything."

God honors this kind of faith in taking Christ as everything we need. And as a result Christ will blend with our personality. Christ will infuse His life into our life. Christ will live again on the earth yet this time He "wears" you and I upon Himself.

And like Paul we learn to feast saying - "It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me."

In contrast to the writings of the religions of human beings, the Bible charges God’s people concerning the first and last days of the feast to do nothing except eat. Only FEASTING was allowed. And if the children of Israel worked on these days, they would have broken the principle of God’s salvation.

Salvation is a matter of our enjoying this Person Jesus who has come into us. God has compounded His Spirit with us who believe in Christ. God has dispensed the resurrected Person of Christ into our innermost spiritual being. This is supernatural but real.

Since the one and only Person who ever pleased or CAN please the Father is now available to live in us God does not require our work or our doing. God does not require our gritting our teeth and performing self reform, self effort, or self improvement. God does not require self energizing to be a better person. But many zealous Christians are cut off from spiritual fellowship simply because they are engaged in so much work. They self labor their way OUT of the feast. To add human labor to God’s salvation is to insult God and to cut ourselves off from fellowship.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 12:57
    The Christian finds it difficult to stop working and to keep eating. We believers in Christ are too easily distracted from "eating" and taking Christ into us to self effort and working. Since we lived this way in the past it is our habit is to work without enjoying God.

But when we feast on Christ He will rise up in us and begin to overflow in Christ like living.

The Apostle Paul said that he actually labored more than all the other apostles yet it was NOT him but the grace of God that was with him.

"But by the grace of God I am what I am; and His grace unto me did not turn out to be in vain, but, on the contrary, I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I but the grace of God which is with me." (1 Cor. 15:10)

We have to put these two passages together.

Galatians 2:20 - "I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; "

That means - "Not I but Christ"

And compare now with First Corinthians 15:10 -

" ... I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I but the grace of God which is with me."

That is "Not I but the grace of God"

The grace is the enjoyment. The grace is the enjoyment of having Christ be everything we need. The grace is Christ being the power and Christ being the support and Christ being the longsuffering and Christ being the wisdom, the love, the dedication. It is enjoying the taking of Christ to be living in us.

Paul pioneered in this way for all other Christians to learn.
    It was not him living. It was Christ living in him.
    It was not even him doing so much labor.
    It was the grace of God that was with him.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 13:13
    "Jehovah will fight for you and you will be still." (Exodus 14:14)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree