1. London
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:43
    An article from The Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/the-pope-a-catholic-adherents-of-all-faiths-should-be-glad-he-is/2006/04/18/1145344080838.html
    A year ago today, white smoke wafted from the Sistine Chapel's chimney, signalling the appointment of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as successor to Pope John Paul II. But amid much Catholic celebration, commentators internationally indulged in an inordinate amount of speculation on the damage Ratzinger's appointment might do to Catholic-Muslim relations.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:572 edits
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    An article from The Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/the-pope-a-catholic-adherents-of-all-faiths-should-be-glad-he-is/2006/04/18/1145344080838.html
    A year ago today, white smoke wafted from the Sistine Chapel's chimney, signalling the appointment of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as successor to Pope John Paul II. But amid much ...[text shortened]... eculation on the damage Ratzinger's appointment might do to Catholic-Muslim relations.
    Since when is it possible to use bracketed quote
    to quote something?

Edit: My inferior intellect tells me (without actually reading the article you've linked to) that based on the title suggesting that the pope is not in fact a catholic and the post indicating this may damage catholic-muslim relations, that the pope is?.. a?.. what?.. I don't get it.

Oh, well. I'll just have to read the article then. :

Edit: Ok, I get it. This new guy is not as tolerant with other religions as the last pope. Yeah, that sucks.
  3. London
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:12
    Originally posted by stocken
    Since when is it possible to use bracketed quote
    to quote something?

Edit: My inferior intellect tells me (without actually reading the article you've linked to) that based on the title suggesting that the pope is not in fact a catholic and the post indicating this may damage catholic-muslim relations, that the pope is?.. a?.. what?.. I don ...[text shortened]... it. This new guy is not as tolerant with other religions as the last pope. Yeah, that sucks.
    Actually, the title of the article is The Pope a Catholic? Adherents of All Faiths Should be Glad He is.

🙂
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 16:25
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Actually, the title of the article is The Pope a Catholic? Adherents of All Faiths Should be Glad He is.

🙂
    I think having a pope (messenger of God's alleged love and compassion) that won't work with other religious leaders to provide a stable and peaceful environment for his own followers is a bad idea. That's all I have to say about that.

I am impressed at that bracketed quote thing though.

Quote...

I wonder if it's possible to underline words now as well?
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 00:08
    Meanwhile, back at the farm, the grass continued to grow and the paint began to dry.

Can you not see that all this handwringing is pure nonsense constructed and administered by man? Religious leaders have managed to created fatal conflicts between different nations and cultures over something as irrational as "God". What a pity.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 00:23
    Originally posted by stocken
    I think having a pope (messenger of God's alleged love and compassion) that won't work with other religious leaders to provide a stable and peaceful environment for his own followers is a bad idea. That's all I have to say about that.

I am impressed at that bracketed quote thing though.

Quote...

I wonder if it's possible to underline words now as well?
    Since when the Pope is a "messenger of God" ?
  7. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 00:34
    Originally posted by David C
    Meanwhile, back at the farm, the grass continued to grow and the paint began to dry.

Can you not see that all this handwringing is pure nonsense constructed and administered by man? Religious leaders have managed to created fatal conflicts between different nations and cultures over something as irrational as "God". What a pity.
    Good thing there's never been any fatal conflicts over things like territory, oil, general principles, or anything else, because otherwise it might indicate that wars are started because some people are morons and would be morons whether or not there were religions.
  8. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 00:36
    Originally posted by David C

Rec et respek.
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 01:31
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Good thing there's never been any fatal conflicts over things like territory, oil, general principles, or anything else.
    Of course there are wars over material goods, did I say there weren't? Why add conflict over transcendental concepts that have no relevance on day to day existence (begging Freaky's pardon)?
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 01:36
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Rec et respek.
    That means a lot, coming from a Whalian and all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree