1. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 05:51
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    How about replacing the ignorance that permeates Africa and permits the people there to hump like rabbits. How much sense does it take to realize that if you can't afford to feed one child, why have 6 or 7? They should do what China did and limit families to no more than 2 children. Yea, if they are going to screw, at least give them condoms...
    The number of children you have has very little to do with how much sex you have, it has more to do with:
    1. The availability of birth control products.
    2. The cultural pressure to have more children (I have one child and fellow Zambians tell me I should have more).
    3. Level of education. Better educations means:
    a) Knowledge of birth control.
    b) Something other to look forward to than children.
    c) Children being more expensive to support.
    d) A generally longer term outlook on life.

I too think the government should but more pressure on people to have less children though it has been found that simply distributing birth control products and educating mothers is very effective.
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 06:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The number of children you have has very little to do with how much sex you have, it has more to do with:
    1. The availability of birth control products.
    2. The cultural pressure to have more children (I have one child and fellow Zambians tell me I should have more).
    3. Level of education. Better educations means:
    a) Knowledge of birth control.
    b) Som ...[text shortened]... n found that simply distributing birth control products and educating mothers is very effective.
    Well, it's time to change the stupid culture mindset of having 9 children when 8.5 of them will starve to death before their 5th birthday. Force sterilization may have to come into play because it sounds like Africa in general, and Zambia in particular, are full of randy idiots. Who will pay for these birth control products? Who will pay to educate these people? The United Nations? My tax dollars?...whose tax dollars/rands.

I'm still Gob-smacked from your statement about people who die from terrorism arern't worth mentioning because it is a small number in comparison to people who die from AIDS.....
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 08:16
    How about replacing the ignorance that permeates Africa and permits the people there to hump like rabbits. How much sense does it take to realize that if you can't afford to feed one child, why have 6 or 7? They should do what China did and limit families to no more than 2 children. Yea, if they are going to screw, at least give them condoms...
    Yeap; give them condoms, that's it. For starters.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 15:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    never mind that, get yo butt up to the chess only forum and defend yourself my friend, they are having a field day with one of your games!
    By all means, enjoy yourself. I know when I deserve a good public shaming. 🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 15:301 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    By all means, enjoy yourself. I know when I deserve a good public shaming. 🙂
    actually my friend i thought it was mean and not in the spirit of the game! and if it was yesteryear, i would have rode over to greepawns home, smacked him across the face with my glove, and demand that he meet me at dawn for such ungentlemanly conduct! as it is I thought your comment with regard to tyrannosauruschex and some dude 'wanting a piece', was much more amusing! - regards Robbie.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:43
    Well, it's time to change the stupid culture mindset of having 9 children when 8.5 of them will starve to death before their 5th birthday.
    The high rates of infant death is one of the major reasons for the high birth rates. In the past most children did die young and people had large families to compensate. As nutrition and medicine improve, there is a period during which the culture still pushes for large families but most of them survive. It takes a generation or two for the culture to adapt. But it does adapt.
    This is hardly unique to Africa though. My ancestors came from the UK and in the 1800s my ancestors mostly had 8 or 9 children. About one third would die in infancy and it was not unusual for women to die during childbirth.
    My brother in law is American and his father comes from a family of 9.
    Family sizes are going down in Zambia especially amongst the better educated and wealthier people.

Force sterilization may have to come into play because it sounds like Africa in general, and Zambia in particular, are full of randy idiots.
    I doubt they are any more randy than any other population and suspect that is just you being insulting.
    Why do you call them idiots? There is nothing so wrong or so terrible about having 9 children in Zambia. If you live in a village it can be a distinct advantage. It is certainly not automatically idiotic. There are cases where it is far better to have less children and many people do if they can, but having the Pope telling them that God is against condoms does not help.
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 03:261 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The high rates of infant death is one of the major reasons for the high birth rates. In the past most children did die young and people had large families to compensate. As nutrition and medicine improve, there is a period during which the culture still pushes for large families but most of them survive. It takes a generation or two for the culture to ada ...[text shortened]... ople do if they can, but having the Pope telling them that God is against condoms does not help.
    My father came from a family of 11, but they farmed and were able to sustain themselves during the Great Depression, so I know what you mean by large families; If they lived on a farm and needed assistance, well, that's a different story, but most of Africa cannot support the current population as is. Nope, you ain't gonna convince me that it isn't ignorance that Africans have more children when they don't need them. Ok, I apologize for calling them idiots. They don't have to listen to the Pope...I never did when I was Catholic.
  8. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 16:51
    There are many millions of wonderful Catholics at the grass root level but the higher up you go the more evil they are. They teach that personal liberation is not possible and that salvation is only possible through the church - as this is massively incorrect and mlsleading, effectively denying to millions a way out of their suffering one can only come to the conclusion that the Pope is doing the Devils work. He is evil. He will burn in hell along with his predesessors. What ye sow, so shall ye reap. So said Jesus but more importantly so said Buddha and he has never been proved wrong not even by science.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 06:38
    Originally posted by znsho
    I think yoy are probably correct, but I hope you see that it is not all black and white. There is the 'feeling of security' argument. The classic example is drowning. Statistics show that good swiimers are far more likely to die from drowning than non-swimmers.
    What I don't understand is why if people are not going to listen to the church and not have sex outside of marriage, why would they listen by not strapping on a trojan? If you could care less what the church has to say about sex outside of marriage, by all means ignore the edict on rubbers.

Now who are the idiots? 🙄
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 08:48
    Originally posted by clearlight
    There are many millions of wonderful Catholics at the grass root level but the higher up you go the more evil they are. They teach that personal liberation is not possible and that salvation is only possible through the church - as this is massively incorrect and mlsleading, effectively denying to millions a way out of their suffering one can only come to ...[text shortened]... esus but more importantly so said Buddha and he has never been proved wrong not even by science.
    They teach that personal liberation is not possible and that salvation is only possible through the church.

Aren't massive generalisations and distortions of the truth fun?
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 16:01
    Originally posted by Conrau K

Aren't massive generalisations and distortions of the truth fun?
    Do you think the Pope might be telling Africans that condom use is wrong just for the fun of it?
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 16:254 edits
    Well, it's time to change the stupid culture mindset of having 9 children when 8.5 of them will starve to death before their 5th birthday. Force sterilization may have to come into play because it sounds like Africa in general, and Zambia in particular, are full of randy idiots. Who will pay for these birth control products? Who will pay to educate thes worth mentioning because it is a small number in comparison to people who die from AIDS.....
    ….Force sterilization may have to come into play because it sounds like Africa in general, and Zambia in particular, are full of randy idiots. Who will pay for these birth control products? Who will pay to educate these people? The United Nations? My tax dollars?...whose tax dollars/rands.
    ..…

So, if I understand you correctly here, you think it is better to perform force sterilization against these people in poor countries because you fear that the alternative of giving them birth control products and education would cost both you and people in the rich countries in general more tax?

Is there anyone else here that thinks like this?

-the reason why I ask is because I just hope that not too many people think like this else there is absolutely no hope of the rich countries ever doing anything real to eliminate world poverty even if it would be of reletively modest cost to do so.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 17:22
    Originally posted by CombatKarambit
    claims condoms are not appropriate to prevent HIV/AIDS in africa.

i wonder how he feels murdering millions of africans with bad advice.

catholics are such idiots
    Yeah, the current pope is an idiot.

But your claim that catholics are idiots is false, and unfair.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you think the Pope might be telling Africans that condom use is wrong just for the fun of it?
    Possibly the Pope told the Africans that condom use is wrong because of moral reasons or maybe out of a sincere conviction that he may help Africans.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Mar '09 20:04
    but most of Africa cannot support the current population as is.
    What do you mean by that? Africa is one of the most sparsely populated continents as far as I know. I haven't been to Nigeria though where most of the people are.

Zambia certainly has more than enough room and fertile land to support a population 10 times what it currently has.
    Would we all get richer if we had fewer people? I rather doubt it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree