1. Joined
    20 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 02:15
    claims condoms are not appropriate to prevent HIV/AIDS in africa.

i wonder how he feels murdering millions of africans with bad advice.

catholics are such idiots
  2. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 03:31
    Originally posted by CombatKarambit

I think he said 'condoms will not cure AIDS'.

Well, of course not, comdoms can not CURE AIDS.

However, it could be argued that condoms give a sense of security, thereby increasing sexual contact and thorugh this increase in activity the AIDS virus somehow spreads.
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 04:272 edits

How is he murdering millions of Africans? He is simply stating Catholic doctrine; that's his job, or else he would be a hippocrite. BTW, using condoms is NOT a safe practice in the prevention of HIV. Yes, they can provide protection, but if offers a false sense of security. Condoms have a notorious reputation for tearing, slipping off, and leaking. Abstinence until a suitable partner is found and monogomy ARE the best preventive measures. Africans are killing Africans through ignorance such as the belief that having sex with a virgin is a cure for HIV/AIDS. Ignorance can be excused in most cases, but when it comes to HIV, ignorance can kill. I say give them condoms, but warn them of the potential risks; however, as many men in Africa shun condoms, I'm afraid it will be mere screaming in the wind.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by znsho
    However, it could be argued that condoms give a sense of security, thereby increasing sexual contact and thorugh this increase in activity the AIDS virus somehow spreads.
    One can argue all they like but the statistics show that condom use is a very effective way to reduce the spread of AIDS.
  5. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 13:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    One can argue all they like but the statistics show that condom use is a very effective way to reduce the spread of AIDS.
    I think yoy are probably correct, but I hope you see that it is not all black and white. There is the 'feeling of security' argument. The classic example is drowning. Statistics show that good swiimers are far more likely to die from drowning than non-swimmers.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 14:191 edit
    I think yoy are probably correct, but I hope you see that it is not all black and white. There is the 'feeling of security' argument. The classic example is drowning. Statistics show that good swiimers are far more likely to die from drowning than non-swimmers.
    But most non-swimmers never swim. Nearly everyone engages in sex at some point.
    Also here in Cape town I frequently see life guards at beaches. If the argument held true then posting lifeguards would theoretically increase the incidences of drowning. Does the Pope object to life guards too?

Also is there any evidence whatsoever that people who don't wear seat belts drive more carefully?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 14:34
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    How is he murdering millions of Africans? He is simply stating Catholic doctrine; that's his job, or else he would be a hippocrite. BTW, using condoms is NOT a safe practice in the prevention of HIV. Yes, they can provide protection, but if offers a false sense of security. Condoms have a notorious reputation for tearing, slipping off, and leaking. Ab ...[text shortened]... however, as many men in Africa shun condoms, I'm afraid it will be mere screaming in the wind.
    He is he murdering millions of Africans with two ways.

At first, the denial of birth control products (condoms amongst else) to Africa causes deaths because the parents of the children are unable to feed and treat them properly. As a matter of fact UNICEF reported that solely in 2007 died 9.200.000 (nine million two hundred thousand) children in subSaharian Africa, which they were all under 5 years old.

Furthermore, the condoms -the products that will enable the Africans to have less children too- they definitely offer protection against HIV/ AIDS although there are not the sole protective means and although the necessity of a full package of doctrines is obvious.
  8. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 15:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But most non-swimmers never swim. Nearly everyone engages in sex at some point.
    Also here in Cape town I frequently see life guards at beaches. If the argument held true then posting lifeguards would theoretically increase the incidences of drowning. Does the Pope object to life guards too?

Also is there any evidence whatsoever that people who don't wear seat belts drive more carefully?
    Yes. When I do not wear a seat belt, I drive more carefully.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 15:50
    Yes. When I do not wear a seat belt, I drive more carefully.
    That's not evidence that people in general do drive more carefully when they don't wear a seat belt - it's just you.
  10. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    That's not evidence that people in general do drive more carefully when they don't wear a seat belt - it's just you.
    Well, I agree it ain't much but, as such, it is a little bit of evidence. Besides, like it or not, if I do wear a seatbelt, I might well be an increased danger to others.

I do not know if bigger studies have been done.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 22:15
    Well, I agree it ain't much but, as such, it is a little bit of evidence. Besides, like it or not, if I do wear a seatbelt, I might well be an increased danger to others.

I do not know if bigger studies have been done.
    I doubt bigger studies have been done about the care people take when driving.

Studies have been done that show that people are much more likely to survive a crash if they wear one though.

Maybe you should do your part and both be more careful and wear a seatbelt 😉

Personally, it's just habit for me to put on a seat belt. In fact on occasion I've caught myself putting on my seat belt just to adjust the car within a parking spot when I wouldn't even go over 1MPH.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 22:50
    It's funny how so many believers in science are so quick to deny evidence when it comes to attacking the pope.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 22:56
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's funny how so many believers in science are so quick to deny evidence when it comes to attacking the pope.
    never mind that, get yo butt up to the chess only forum and defend yourself my friend, they are having a field day with one of your games!
  14. At the Revolution
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 01:12

Glad we all reached that conclusion. I agree. Now no one else will.
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 03:32
    Originally posted by black beetle
    He is he murdering millions of Africans with two ways.

At first, the denial of birth control products (condoms amongst else) to Africa causes deaths because the parents of the children are unable to feed and treat them properly. As a matter of fact UNICEF reported that solely in 2007 died 9.200.000 (nine million two hundred thousand) children in subS ...[text shortened]... the sole protective means and although the necessity of a full package of doctrines is obvious.
    How about replacing the ignorance that permeates Africa and permits the people there to hump like rabbits. How much sense does it take to realize that if you can't afford to feed one child, why have 6 or 7? They should do what China did and limit families to no more than 2 children. Yea, if they are going to screw, at least give them condoms...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree