1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 18:59
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I contend that everybody is punished for his or her own sin.
    That's not what he asked.
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 18:59
    I contend that everybody is punished for his or her own sin.
    So, if I die in an Earthquake, I'm not being punished for the sin of Adam, am I?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:09
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    So, if I die in an Earthquake, I'm not being punished for the sin of Adam, am I?
    Adam received the punishment for his sin. If you were killed in an earthquake it would be for your own sin.

As no man is without sin, you cannot be punished for someone else's sin, but you can be punished for your own sin.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:10
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That's not what he asked.
    That is maybe not the answer he would have liked to hear, but it still answers his question.
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:121 edit
    Adam received the punishment for his sin. If you were killed in an earthquake it would be for your own sin.

As no man is without sin, you cannot be punished for someone else's sin, but you can be punished for your own sin.
    It's a relief that I don't have to atone for the sin of Adam! (I have a hard enough time atoning for the sin of Onan!)

So, is it possible for me to get killed in an Earthquake *without* that being the consequence of my sinning?
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:13
    Could you also clarify what you mean by "mankind bears the consequences of this choice"?
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:14

Do you realize what you're saying? Can we assume that everyone killed in an earthquake deserved to die because of their particular sin while those that didn't die did not deserve to die?

This kind of thinking completely contradicts the teachings of Jesus.
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:14
    That is maybe not the answer he would have liked to hear, but it still answers his question.
    Technically, it doesn't. But you subsequently did provide an answer.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:16
    It's a relief that I don't have to atone for the sin of Adam! (I have a hard enough time atoning for the sin of Onan!)

So, is it possible for me to get killed in an Earthquake *without* that being the consequence of my sinning?
    As death is a consequence of sin in itself, it would not make a difference what it was that killed you.
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:17
    As death is a consequence of sin in itself, it would not make a difference what it was that killed you.
    I don't understand what you mean.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Do you realize what you're saying? Can we assume that everyone killed in an earthquake deserved to die because of their particular sin while those that didn't die did not deserve to die?

This kind of thinking completely contradicts the teachings of Jesus.
    You are putting words in my mouth.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:27
    Could you also clarify what you mean by "mankind bears the consequences of this choice"?
    If you place your hand into a fire, it will burn. The consequence of placing your hand into the fire is a burnt hand.

If you sin you shall die. The wages of sin is death.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:28
    Technically, it doesn't. But you subsequently did provide an answer.
    Technically, it doesn't.

Please explain.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:34
    I don't understand what you mean.

"The wages of sin is death." Anything that kills you is the result of your sin.

If you are still unclear about this, please ask specific questions, and I will try to clear it up as best I can.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 20:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is it earthquakes that kill people or is it the bulidings and structures they insist on building and living in that kill them during the earthquakes? Would we need buildings and such to live in if no one had sinned and the earth was still a paradise like state as was the Garden of Eden?
    Wow. You are seriously suggesting that earthquakes wouldn't kill
    people if they didn't have buildings. This makes RBHILL look like a
    logician!

What about tidal waves? Would they kill people?

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree