So much, then, for biblical inerrancy.
    That is where we differ of course.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 21:34
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Such scientific evidence relies heavily on improvable presuppositions either way.

Thus we accept what the Bible says on this issue.
    The sacred word says there is a time to be born and a time to die. That's what the Bible says. I invite you to accept The Word.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 21:54
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The sacred word says there is a time to be born and a time to die. That's what the Bible says. I invite you to accept The Word.
    That was adressed at me?
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 22:00
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    That was adressed at me?
    Yes, as I am under the impression that you believe the earth had no natural disasters prior to the fall.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 22:06
    Yes, as I am under the impression that you believe the earth had no natural disasters prior to the fall.
    I see. So these words were spoken before the fall of man?
  6. Lisbon
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 19:50
    Romans 8:20-22: “For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now”

[i]The whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now, that is, from Adam's sin until now.[/I]

Does this mean the earth had no natural disasters prior to the fall?

Well, after reading these verses, can you say you're sure there were natural disasters prior to the fall?

Regards
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:02
    Originally posted by xpoferens
    Romans 8:20-22: “For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now”

[i]The ...[text shortened]... ese verses, can you say you're sure there were natural disasters prior to the fall?

Regards
    After reading these verses I can tell you unequivocally that the person who wrote them was not present then and certainly did not have knowledge about what was going on over the entire face of the planet which happened to be flat when he wrote it.
  8. Lisbon
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:09
    After reading these verses I can tell you unequivocally that the person who wrote them was not present then and certainly did not have knowledge about what was going on over the entire face of the planet which happened to be flat when he wrote it.
    What do you mean with "the planet which happened to be flat when he wrote it."?

If the Bible is the inspired Word of God, it doesn't matter whether the writer was present or not.

Unless you don't believe in inspiration, of course.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:12

[i]The ...[text shortened]... ese verses, can you say you're sure there were natural disasters prior to the fall?

Regards
    I should also say that I don't believe in a literal interpretation of the creation accounts. I interpret them metaphorically and universally. I see no theological significance to the idea that there were or were not natural disasters before the fall.

If you're in an earthquake and a rock hits you in the head, you want to know if there is a good Samaritan around who is going to help. That's theological. Not the innane argument that seeks to prove or disprove things that cannot be proven.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:181 edit
    What do you mean with "the planet which happened to be flat when he wrote it."?

If the Bible is the inspired Word of God, it doesn't matter whether the writer was present or not.

Unless you don't believe in inspiration, of course.
    Well, I was being facetious to make a point. It was believed that the world was flat at that time. Indeed I believe the "four corners " of the earth are mentioned somewhere. So does the world have four corners? Of course not. Now you will argue that it was being symbolic of the entire earth or something like that.

YOu say it doesn't matter if the writer was present or not if the Bible is the inspired word of God. I recently heard someone in my church say that he "did care if 2+2 was four. If Jesus said it was 5 then that settles it." Well Jesus didn't say that, but he did say the mustard seed was the smallest seed. We know of course that there are smaller seeds.

You come from the belief that the word of God must be infallible or inerrant to be inspired. I disagree.
  11. Lisbon
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:22
    I should also say that I don't believe in a literal interpretation of the creation accounts. I interpret them metaphorically and universally. I see no theological significance to the idea that there were or were not natural disasters before the fall.

If you're in an earthquake and a rock hits you in the head, you want to know if there is a good Sam ...[text shortened]... gical. Not the innane argument that seeks to prove or disprove things that cannot be proven.
    Everyone has a free will to believe whatever.

But you are choosing which parts of the Bible to believe and which ones to ignore.

The Bible contains history (narrative), poetry, symbolism, etc. and I agree not everything is to be taken literally.

However, creation records are historical, and Jesus agreed with that idea.

Moreover, in the Genesis record, you can read about the fall of man, and therefore, about the need for a Redeemer. Metaphorically?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:28
    Everyone has a free will to believe whatever.

But you are choosing which parts of the Bible to believe and which ones to ignore.

The Bible contains history (narrative), poetry, symbolism, etc. and I agree not everything is to be taken literally.

However, creation records are historical, and Jesus agreed with that idea.

Moreover, in the Genesis ...[text shortened]... ou can read about the fall of man, and therefore, about the need for a Redeemer. Metaphorically?
    Can you tell me where Jesus said the historical accounts of creation were approved and certified by him?
  13. Lisbon
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:35
    Can you tell me where Jesus said the historical accounts of creation were approved and certified by him?
    Please allow me to quote from an article.

"When the Pharisees sought to quibble with Christ regarding God’s original law of divorce/remarriage, Jesus pointed out that under the Mosaic regime a laxness was tolerated due to the “hardness” of their hearts, but that this was not the sacred ideal—which would be restored under his regime (Mark 10:2-5; cf. Matthew 19:3ff). The Savior’s argument was grounded in the historical commencement of marriage as designed by Jehovah in the beginning. Here is his statement: “But from the beginning of the creation, male and female made he them.” If the human family did not extend back to “the beginning of the creation,” Jesus’ argument was based upon a false premise. Evolutionary chronology assaults the trustworthiness of the Son of God."

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/read/do_the_ages_of_the_earth_and_mankind_really_matter
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:45
    Please allow me to quote from an article.

"When the Pharisees sought to quibble with Christ regarding God’s original law of divorce/remarriage, Jesus pointed out that under the Mosaic regime a laxness was tolerated due to the “hardness” of their hearts, but that this was not the sacred ideal—which would be restored under his regime (Mark 10:2-5; cf. Mat ...[text shortened]... tp://www.christiancourier.com/articles/read/do_the_ages_of_the_earth_and_mankind_really_matter
    OK, let me ask again. Where does Jesus certify the historical accounts of creation as accurate?

You have simply gone to an article that has an agenda about creationism vs. evolution. I want to hear where Jesus gives his seal of approval for every aspect of the creation account.
  15. Lisbon
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 20:55
    OK, let me ask again. Where does Jesus certify the historical accounts of creation as accurate?

You have simply gone to an article that has an agenda about creationism vs. evolution. I want to hear where Jesus gives his seal of approval for every aspect of the creation account.
    Well, please tell me how you interpter Jesus words.

It seems that for some of you, a especific sentence is always required in order for you to accept something.

I wonder if you do the same in your daily life...

Do you ever use inferences?

Inference is the act or process of deriving a conclusion based solely on what one already knows.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree