1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 18:51
    ...Have a problem with the concept of a Godhead as triune is that they think one dimensionally.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 19:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...Have a problem with the concept of a Godhead as triune is that they think one dimensionally.
    If G-d is really transcedental, all scriptures would merely point to this entity and nobody could offer descriptions about its nature.
    If a scripture describes G-d's nature partly or in whole, then the G-d whose nature is described is not transcedental.

The Trinity Doctrine fails simply because G-d is by definition transcedental: Any not transcedental "god" is simply not an observer, and if G-d is really transcedental it cannot be a known observer and hence his existence cannot be backed up.

Therefore, even if hermeneutically the doctrine is backed up, it is merely a non-justified religious axiom
    😵
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 21:31
    Originally posted by black beetle
    If G-d is really transcedental, all scriptures would merely point to this entity and nobody could offer descriptions about its nature.
    If a scripture describes G-d's nature partly or in whole, then the G-d whose nature is described is not transcedental.

The Trinity Doctrine fails simply because G-d is by definition transcedental: Any not transcedent ...[text shortened]... n if hermeneutically the doctrine is backed up, it is merely a non-justified religious axiom
    😵
    Who said God had to be transcedental? The Word of God doesn't say God is transcedental.

Why do you think God has to be transcedental to be God?

Besides, that's not what my opening post was going to be about. I had to go suddenly and was unable to fully develop the idea I had. Now what was that...
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 22:17
    Who said God had to be transcedental? The Word of God doesn't say God is transcedental.

Why do you think God has to be transcedental to be God?

Besides, that's not what my opening post was going to be about. I had to go suddenly and was unable to fully develop the idea I had. Now what was that...
    If he was existent but not transcedental, he would be a known and real observer😵
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 22:27
    As I was trying to say in the opening post,..

All of creation has God's fingerprint on it. In 3's. It is how one needs to view the scriptures as revealing the nature of God.

Consider time. Past, present and future. Or matter. Solid, liquid or gas. And space. Height, depth and width. Or the atom. And man. Created in the image of God. Body, soul and spirit.

When you think of time in three dimensions, you don't think of it as past only, but as a whole. Time is one in three dimensions, and three dimensions in one. One can't separate height from space any more than one can separate the soul from the body.

Space is height, depth and width. All three are equal in the sense that without one you have none. The three together constitute a whole.

God is one God, just as the scriptures teach. But there are simply too many verses of scripture that give us a clear picture of the nature and attributes of God as three personalities each possessing certain characteristics for the purpose of fulfilling the will of God in heaven and on earth to perceive God in any other way.

I think black beetle comes close to saying it. Although I don't cotton to the terms he uses. God is undefinable in human terms, and certainly beyond or mental grasp as it relates to His infiniteness, but not beyond our ability to have a relationship with, which is object of our lives.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 22:39
    Originally posted by black beetle
    If he was existent but not transcedental, he would be a known and real observer😵
    Sir, you are giving definition to a non-entity. 😵

God is known. Not perfectly. How would that be possible except by a being of equal qualities? But He is known, and can be known. Transcendence notwithstanding.

2 Tim. 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (italics mine)
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 02:13

All of creation has God's fingerprint on it. In 3's. It is how one needs to view the scriptures as revealing the nature of God.

Consider time. Past, present and future. Or matter. Solid, liquid or gas. And space. Height, depth and width. Or the atom. And man. Created in the image of God. Body, soul and spirit.

You forgot Earth, Wind and Fire
    The 3 Stooges
    and
    bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwiches

It's uncanny! 🙄
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 02:262 edits

Consider time. Past, present and future. Or matter. Solid, liquid or gas. And space. Height, depth and width. Or the atom. And man. Created in the image of God. Body, soul and spir ...[text shortened]... initeness, but not beyond our ability to have a relationship with, which is object of our lives.
    Did you learn this from Bob Dorough?
    YouTube

http://www.justsomelyrics.com/151485/bob-dorough-3-is-the-magic-number-lyrics.html
    Three is a Magic Number - Bob Dorough

Three is a magic number
    Yes it is, it's a magic number
    Somewhere in the ancient mystic trinity
    You get three
    As a magic number
    The past and the present and the future,
    Faith, and hope, and charity,
    The heart, the brain and the body,
    Will give you three,
    Its a magic number

It takes three legs to make a tripod or to make a table stand,
    It takes three wheels to make a vehicle called a tricycle
    And every triangle has three corners,
    Every triangle has three sides,
    No more, no less,
    You dont have to guess
    When it's three
    ou can see
    It's a magic number

A man and a woman had a little baby
    Yes they did
    They had three in the family
    And that's a magic number

3, 6, 9,
    12, 15, 18,
    21, 24, 27,

3, 6, 9,
    12, 15, 18,
    21, 24, 27,

Now multiply backwards from 3 times 10
    3 times 10 is 30
    3 times 9 is 27
    3 times 8 is 24
    3 times 7 is 21
    3 times 6 is 18
    3 times 5 is 15
    3 times 4 is 12
    And 3 times 3 is 9
    And 3 times 2 is 6
    And 3 times 1 is 3 of course
    (now dig the pattern once more!)

3, 6, 9,
    12, 15, 18,
    21, 24, 27,

Oh yeah
    Now multiply backwards from 3 times 10
    3 times 10 is 30
    3 times 9 is 27
    3 times 8 is 24
    3 times 7 is 21
    3 times 6 is 18
    3 times 5 is 15
    3 times 4 is 12
    And 3 times 3 is 9
    And 3 times 2 is 6
    And 3 times 1 is 3
    What is it?
    Yeah
    That's a magic number

A man and a woman had a little baby
    Yes they did
    They had three in the family
    That's a magic number
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 07:47
    Sir, you are giving definition to a non-entity. 😵

God is known. Not perfectly. How would that be possible except by a being of equal qualities? But He is known, and can be known. Transcendence notwithstanding.

2 Tim. 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a [b]sound mind.
    (italics mine)[/b]
    No, I don't define a non-entity; I said that any known entity is an observer and that G-d is not an observer, hence it cannot be properly said that G-d exists. Of course, this is not a problem at all if we accept that G-d is transcedental.

On the other hand, Isaiah 55:8-9 and 64:6-7, Romans 11:33-36 and Exodus 33:20 clearly back up in full G-d’s transcendence;
    😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 19:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You forgot Earth, Wind and Fire
    The 3 Stooges
    and
    bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwiches

It's uncanny! 🙄
    OK, this time you killed me softly; I bow😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree