1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 04:39
    But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

--Gospel of James 2:6
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 05:56
    Originally posted by moon1969
    But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

--Gospel of James 2:6
    You had a point?
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 06:161 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You had a point?
    Kelly
    Looks like he had at least 4 actually (two 'i's, a '?', and a '.'😉

*edit* 6 if we include the ':'
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 07:06
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Looks like he had [b]at least 4 actually (two 'i's, a '?', and a '.'😉

*edit* 6 if we include the ':'[/b]
    James 2:1-10 ASV

1 My brethren, hold not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

2 For if there come into your synagogue a man with a gold ring, in fine clothing, and there come in also a poor man in vile clothing;

3 and ye have regard to him that weareth the fine clothing, and say, Sit thou here in a good place; and ye say to the poor man, Stand thou there, or sit under my footstool;

4 Do ye not make distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren; did not God choose them that are poor as to the world to be rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he promised to them that love him?

6 But ye have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you, and themselves drag you before the judgment-seats?

7 Do not they blaspheme the honorable name by which ye are called?

8 Howbeit if ye fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:

9 but if ye have respect of persons, ye commit sin, being convicted by the law as transgressors.

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is become guilty of all.

I was wondering what his point was since he grabbed a verse that was about
    how the rich behave when the real topic in context is the "with respect of
    person". The verse he chooses by itself seems to imply there is something
    fundamentally wrong with the rich. Taken on a whole it has more to do with
    how we view each other and the actions we take verses just being rich or not.
    Those that blaspheme Jesus' name are as guilty as any rich person here, those
    that oppress others are as guilty as any rich person here.

I think verse 10 speaks very loudly that if you were going to keep the "law"
    and break it anywhere you are a law breaker, which again points us back to
    God's grace since none of us are going to be able to stand on our own
    righteousness before God.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree