1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    What reference to being "fed intravenously" does the bible in fact make?
    It doesn't and you know that.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Is it not used to sustain life just as food is used? Again God says to "abstain" from it.
    The "it" you mention here is "consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals".
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:431 edit
    Is it not used to sustain life just as food is used? Again God says to "abstain" from it. No execptions were ever spoken of by god for it's use.
    The blood in every living thing belongs to God. It is not ours to use at all for anything.
    The blood in every living thing belongs to God. It is not ours to use at all for anything.
    So before I ask my next question...let us be absolutely crystal clear; no going back umming and ahhing afterwards - by "[blood] is not ours to use at all for anything" you mean that for any conceivable usage of blood I or anyone else could possibly dream up (apart from sacrifices - I'll let you have that one), we have no place to use it in that way?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:44
    It doesn't and you know that.
    Well then your speculative non-scriptural assertions about being "fed intravenously" don't substantiate what you are trying to say.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:51
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]The blood in every living thing belongs to God. It is not ours to use at all for anything.
    So before I ask my next question...let us be absolutely crystal clear; no going back umming and ahhing afterwards - by "[blood] is not ours to use at all for anything" you mean that for any conceivable usage of blood I or anyone else could possibly dream u ...[text shortened]... (apart from sacrifices - I'll let you have that one), we have no place to use it in that way?[/b]
    "umming and ahhing afterwards"

I'm not aware I've been doing that.

And yes I think you have it right so far. Nowhere has God given any use for blood other then what he has said in the Bible. So take that as you may....

But lets get this description understood. For a doctor or lab to test ones blood for health reasons is not consuming it or eating it. And in good faith one hopes it is disposed of correctly after it has been tested. If for some freeky reason one would find out it was used for something else, which I've never heard of happening, but for discussions sake one would not use that doctor or lab to obtain their blood.
    A silly thought but just incase you were going there with something strange like this.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well then your speculative non-scriptural assertions about being "fed intravenously" don't substantiate what you are trying to say.
    No they don't support what you are trying to say. You as many others feel, blood is ok to put into your body as long as it's going by way of the mouth. That is wrong as God says to "abstain" from blood period. No exceptions ever given to us by him.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:55
    That scripture is correct.

Another scripture for you...

Leviticus 17:14
    New King James Version (NKJV)

14 for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.’
    Leviticus 17:10-14 is pointing out that an animal with blood in it might still be alive and so it would be cruel and immoral to eat it. For example, one way of killing an animal is to strangle it. This is forbidden because the animal might just be unconscious; you have to KILL it by draining it of blood.

It has nothing to do with human blood at all much less transfusions.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 00:00
    No they don't support what you are trying to say. You as many others feel, blood is ok to put into your body as long as it's going by way of the mouth. That is wrong as God says to "abstain" from blood period. No exceptions ever given to us by him.
    It says nothing about prohibiting blood transfusions, which has nothing to do with "consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals".
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 12:31
    "umming and ahhing afterwards"

I'm not aware I've been doing that.

And yes I think you have it right so far. Nowhere has God given any use for blood other then what he has said in the Bible. So take that as you may....

But lets get this description understood. For a doctor or lab to test ones blood for health reasons is not consuming it or e ...[text shortened]... d.
    A silly thought but just incase you were going there with something strange like this.

But lets get this description understood. For a doctor or lab to test ones blood for health reasons is not consuming it or eating it.

So using it for medical testing and diagnosis is ok?

Oh, so it's not ok?!

Make up your mind! And a blood transfusion is not the same as an intravenous drip. Blood in the bloodstream is not consumed by the body i the way that nutrients are.

--- Penguin.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 15:14
    “For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Ac 15:22, 28, 29)

"and from blood (((((and))))) from things strangled"

One has to look at this closely. It does not simply say "things strangled" but a seperate statement before that, it simply says "no blood" on it's own. Two different commands being stated here. "NO BLOOD" "NOTHING STRANGLED"
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 15:20
    “For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Ac 15:22, 28, 29)

"and from b ...[text shortened]... n it's own. Two different commands being stated here. "NO BLOOD" "NOTHING STRANGLED"
    Here's the quote from scripture you gave me on the other thread. You gave it to me. Here it is.

Acts 15:28-29
    New Living Translation (NLT)

28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements: 29 You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. If you do this, you will do well. Farewell.”
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 15:36
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b] And yes I think you have it right so far. Nowhere has God given any use for blood other then what he has said in the Bible. So take that as you may....

But lets get this description understood. For a doctor or lab to test ones blood for health reasons is not consuming it or eating it.

So using it for medical testing and diagnosis ...[text shortened]... od in the bloodstream is not consumed by the body i the way that nutrients are.

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Play with the words or results as you want. God says to ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD. He gave NO exceptions for us to put it into our bodies.

For those here that do believe in God and with his unmatched wisdom on this matter as he is the one who created all life and understands such things as blood in ways we never will and with his view of life and what it means to him, we have no right on any level to challenge his reasons for this command or try to sidestep this.
    He knew as our creator that we would advance in the future with the mental capacity to learn that he created us with. He knew even in the imperfect state we are now in that we would still progress with knowlegde of many things on our own.
    So it would seem with God's wisdom and knowing we would progress with knowledge in this world as time went by and for the fact that he does love us and wants no one to suffer, he would have seen that just maybe someday we might need to use blood for something like it is used for today in transfusions.
    We didn't have that ability back when he stated this command. But with his insight, he would know that such a simply thing as using someone elses blood in our bodies would be a good thing to save life's, just as us simple humans found out, then why didn't he state it in some way that we would now understand that now it is a good thing? It would be ok?
    Or if nothing else, why hasn't he told us something like, "do this or that in preparing blood for this use and then the blood is ok to use" for this purpose?
    If this was the right thing to do and the safe thing to do and the moral thing to do, he would have told us somehow.
    But as of now the command to "ABSTAIN" from blood still stands as the Bible clearly states.
    If you believe in God, you have to practice the faith that you are supposed to have in him in all things. He says to not use blood for anything, and in fact "abstain from it".
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 15:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here's the quote from scripture you gave me on the other thread. You gave it to me. Here it is.

New Living Translation (NLT)

28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements: 29 [b]You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.
    If you do this, you will do well. Farewell.”[/b]
    Try these then to get a better clearification...

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[a] If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

28 `For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, no more burden to lay upon you, except these necessary things:

29 to abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and a strangled thing, and whoredom; from which keeping yourselves, ye shall do well; be strong!'

King James Version (KJV)

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

American Standard Version (ASV)

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:

29 that ye abstain from things sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which if ye keep yourselves, it shall be well with you. Fare ye well.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 18:111 edit
    Try these then to get a better clearification...

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[a] If you keep yourselves f d from fornication; from which if ye keep yourselves, it shall be well with you. Fare ye well.
    Blood is used to save lives. Why should Christ prohibit anyone from saving another's life? Didn't Christ speak about saving the life of others, like the story of the good Samaritan? Satan is the one that comes to destroy lives. Christ has come that we might have life and have it more abundantly. He came to sacrifice His blood to save the lives of as many as would believe and receive it so we can have eternal life. The following are facts about the using of blood to save lives.

http://www.americasblood.org/go.cfm?do=page.view&pid=12
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 18:361 edit
    CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE HOW EVIL THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY IS BY TELLING YOU THAT YOU CAN NOT GIVEN BLOOD OR ALLOW BLOOD TO BE GIVE TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILDREN TO SAVE THEIR LIVES?

Not only that but, they are teaching you to dishonor Christ by refusing to acknowledge Christ for who He really is and to give Him the worship He deserves as the only begotton Son of God and as actually being God manifest in the flesh. They are teaching you how to be damned, instead of how to be saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree