1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 05:36
    Originally posted by whiterose
    If you take the white out of the yoke then there is no egg, there is only white and yoke which together make up the egg. How is anything decreased?

God cannot be separated into separate entities as He is omnipresent. As I already stated, God's manifestation on earth does not mean one part is separated from the others.
    If you take the white out of the yoke then there is no egg, there is only white and yoke which together make up the egg. How is anything decreased?

By the same analogy if GOD separated into Father and Son, he will not be GOD. He will be two entities.

God cannot be separated into separate entities as He is omnipresent. As I already stated, God's manifestation on earth does not mean one part is separated from the others.

I agree , and that is what I originaly stated, GOD doesn't have son.

Manifestation is another story, and we can discuss it logicly too:

I don't know if you are Christian or not, sometimes I feel not. Any way for manifestation , how do you understand it?
  2. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 05:40
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]If you take the white out of the yoke then there is no egg, there is only white and yoke which together make up the egg. How is anything decreased?

By the same analogy if GOD separated into Father and Son, he will not be GOD. He will be two entities.

God cannot be separated into separate entities as He is omnipresent. As I already stated, ...[text shortened]... Christian or not, sometimes I feel not. Any way for manifestation , how do you understand it?
    I was simply using the analogy to illustrate that separation does not imply any decrease.

I think Christians use the term "son" to mean God's manifestation on earth as a person.
  3. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 07:11
    There is evidence from the Gospels and other documents that Mary and Joseph had other children besides Jesus, and that he grew up in an ordinary Jewish family, surrounded by brothers and sisters.

Someone wrote in the above statement and I would like to ask them where in the Bible is there evidence of Jesus's brothers and sisters?
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 07:30
    Originally posted by whiterose
    he asks the atheist. To an atheist, of course God can't die, as He never existed in the first place.

You are a theist, so why don't you tell us, can God die?
    what makes you think that humans can truly die? in the afterlife, do you think that you can die? i think it is impossible to just cease to exist, since you have memories, thoughts and feelings etc. maybe your body can be destroyed in the afterlife but your conscience would still be there. thats a scary concept to think about; eternal life. im sure after an eternity you would have done everything there is to do and there would be nothing left entertaining in life, only to figure out you had another eternity coming after this one, and another, and another...
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    There is evidence from the Gospels and other documents that Mary and Joseph had other children besides Jesus, and that he grew up in an ordinary Jewish family, surrounded by brothers and sisters.

Someone wrote in the above statement and I would like to ask them where in the Bible is there evidence of Jesus's brothers and sisters?
    Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
    ---------------------

There are four brothers named in the Bible, beside sisters who are not named!!!!!
  6. Joined
    14 May '02
    Moves
    29 Dec '06 09:07
    Beckford spoke in the documentary about how some Catholics and orthodox Christians tie themselves up in knots to deny that the brothers and sisters referred to in Mark are Jesus's actual brothers and sisters (half brothers or cousins or something). To them it's an article of faith not only that Jesus was the son of God, but that Mary was a virgin.

I would be interested to know how other Christians square the evidence presented in the documentary with their belief that Jesus was the son of God.
  7. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 08:02
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
    ---------------------

There are four brothers named in the Bible, beside sisters who are not named!!!!!
    In translation, in Semetic usage, the term "brother," and "sister," can be applied to nephews, cousins, half brothers, and half-sisters.

An example would be Mark 6:17 where "brother" is used as to mean the half-brother of Herod Antipas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree