1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 03:022 edits
    Originally posted by SMSBear716
    Here's a question and the subject may have been broached before.

Why do we hear about more than a few people who claimed that they are athiest all their lives, on their deathbeds or when they are near death, beg God for mercy and forgiveness?

Case in point, Madeline Murray O'Hare. Were they frauds all their life, claiming to not believe in God? Or did they have a epiphany?

One wonders.....
    The answer to your question is that you choose to hang out in circles that make up these silly deathbed myths.

Here are some free bonus answers as well.

- Her name is spelled "O'Hair" not "O'Hare."
    - She did not have a "deathbed." She was kidnapped and murdered.
    - Not everything your pastor tells you is true. He's almost certainly not deliberately lying, but rather he, like you, is just passing on stories that he heard and that happen to help his argument.
    - I've seen your posts on economic issues in the "Debates" forum; I advise you to stop being a religious nut and actually study a topic properly.
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 06:28
    Originally posted by SMSBear716

Why do we hear about more than a few people who claimed that they are athiest all their lives, on their deathbeds or when they are near death, beg God for mercy and forgiveness?

I should think that the answer is fairly obvious.

They are $hit-scared of dying & are looking for the get out clause!
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 11:46
    To the question of "begging God for forgiveness".

I don't think God is interested in our begging. Whether as a youth or on your death bed as an old person, God is not interested in you groveling on the ground and begging.

Christ has come to be our Saviour. We only need to receive Him and give thanks. Our sins are not cleansed because of our beggings. Our sins are cleansed because of the righteous act of Jesus on the cross for mankind.

Granted, after a long life of refusing Christ, one may feel that they need to beg God. But this is just one's subjective feeling. We need not beg. We only need to believe, receive, and give thanks to God.

Even our tears need to be washed in the blood of Jesus. Our sorrow, our begging, our pleadings, our howlings are not what cleanses us from sins. It is the act of Jesus on His cross that redeems us.

It is Christ and His righteous act which is our salvation and not our grovelings and beggings for mercy. If we believe into Christ it is RIGHTEOUS for God to forgive us, whether He likes us or not.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 07:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Do some human governments mandate the that all children in thier society be indoctrinated to believe we are have an relationship of descent with apes?

Do some government sanction only evolutionary descent of human beings from ape like progenitors?

I wonder if some countries need a constitutional philosophy of the seperation of Ape and State.
    I think a country should teach its children science. I also think that it should be made clear to children what science is. Science does not say that man is descended from apes. Science says that the available evidence shows that man is descended from apes. There is a difference.
    Science does not say that the universe operates as dictated by Newton or Einstein. Sciences says that the available evidence is that their theories are very good at modeling the behavior of reality. But their theories are not reality and in the case of Newtons laws they are not a 100% accurate model.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree