1. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 18:28
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I visualise Life in my hand as a sword. The Art of Living, as I see it, is to try not to "win". I feel not the need to test my power. I feel not the need to move one step beyond or to move backwards. The Art of Living as I see it, it has to do with my awareness that Myself and the Object are not separated.
    So I live my life in order to serve the people ...[text shortened]... that" but I am aware of the nature of "this" and of "that".

Despair
    is nothing
    😵
    I like this. having trouble myself with despair at times.

Awareness of what is seems to me to be key.

I must be able to distinguish that which is the case outside of myself from what I think ought to be the case, what I wish were the case, or what I even, unawares, inaccurately believe to be the case.

I must not believe everything I think.

Instead, I must become ever more conscious of that which is the case so that I am better able to serve the people I love.

But I think you expressed it with better style.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 03:29
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    I like this. having trouble myself with despair at times.

Awareness of what is seems to me to be key.

I must be able to distinguish that which is the case outside of myself from what I think ought to be the case, what I wish were the case, or what I even, unawares, inaccurately believe to be the case.

I must not believe everything I think.

Inst ...[text shortened]... I am better able to serve the people I love.

But I think you expressed it with better style.
    Yes, my archangel friend black beetle often does that.

(I recall, however, that you yourself, sometime back, offered some wise counsel to someone on here suffering from grief—in an extremely articulate and beautiful post.)
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 08:34
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Yes, my archangel friend black beetle often does that.

(I recall, however, that you yourself, sometime back, offered some wise counsel to someone on here suffering from grief—in an extremely articulate and beautiful post.)
    I enjoy my tree heading all the way down to the

waterfall😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree