What do you think it is?

1) Papal infallibility
    2) Immaculate conception
    3) Denying women access to the priesthood
    4) Vow of celibacy
    5) Purgatory
    6) Taxonomy of sins
    7) Impermissibility of contraception
    8) Denial of Holy Communion to those deemed unworthy because of their stance in relation to the Church
    just like all of the other religions, the silliest aspect is worshipping god.
    ever if there was a god, hes not going to be so egotistical that he needs people worshipping and praising him.
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 21:01
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Hey LH,

Just a question: How does a Roman Catholic know if a given document/encyclical (e.g., HV)
    has the special protection you mention? That is, take Deus Caritas Est: is this an infallible
    teaching of the Church? If so, how do you know? And, are all encyclicals (say of the modern era
    following Vatican I) infallible? And, if so, how does a Roman Catholic know this to be true?

Nemesio
    Bump for LH.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 21:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    24 Mar '07 03:29
    Bump for LH.
    This may be an absolutely shameless attempt at resurrecting a question that had previously reached an honorable impasse, but—what about Honorius?

I let that die on the vine both because I relied on Jaroslav Pelikan’s belief that the argument was not strong, and because the only other reference I found was such a rabid Protestant polemic. But, in retrospect...?
  5. Joined
    22 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 16:27
    There should be a spot on the list for the rosary. Like repeating yourself fifty times is going to help anything.
  6. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 16:43
    Originally posted by spinpsychle
    There should be a spot on the list for the rosary. Like repeating yourself fifty times is going to help anything.
    It can be relaxing just as other forms of meditation can be. I had a spiritual director who thought I should meditate by repeating the word *hesed* over and over. Nothing is meant for everybody, but it does help some people.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 04:05
    Bump for LH.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 05:09
    9) That people professing to be Catholic don't care to elucidate what they profess to believe.
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 20:59
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    9) That people professing to be Catholic don't care to elucidate what they profess to believe.
    10) That lead can be turned into gold by the words of a man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree