1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 01:001 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why do you refuse to obey the words of Jesus to honor the Son as you do the Father?

The Instructor
    What? What a senless statement. You say Jesus is the son and Father. So this makes no sense just as the trinity doesn't.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 01:342 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Rocks do not become alive and apes do not become humans.

No answer my question.
    Good. Now we can agree that evilution must be a false teaching.

People with lower intelligence than me can determine in most cases what has other than the literal meaning. It is the way they use their intelligence that makes the difference.

Certainly we know that the Bible has figures of speech, like a camel going through the eye of a needle, which is meant to be an exaggeration in the same manner as raining cats and dogs. However, the general rule is to take everything literal as long as it makes sense or unless you have some reason from the Holy Bible that conflicts with the literal interpretation. Then this has to be reconciled by using reason and logic.

The Holy Bible is like a mystery book in which you have to gather all the clues together from every portion to really understand it all. It even tells us "here a little, there a little."

But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

(Isaiah 28:13 KJV)

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 06:12
    This video may help you understand why the Genesis account is literal history.

YouTube

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 18:54
    People with lower intelligence than me ...
    The Instructor
    Are usually in Special Adult Education.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 18:56
    However, the general rule is to take everything literal ... Then this has to be reconciled by using reason and logic.

The Instructor
    You have repeatedly shown that you do not understand reason or logic
    so how on earth can you apply them?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 04:38
    You have repeatedly shown that you do not understand reason or logic
    so how on earth can you apply them?
    My intelligent application of reason and logic reveals to me that you are only intersested in attacking me and are not really interested in learning from...

The Instructor
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 22:18
    My intelligent application of reason and logic reveals to me that you are only intersested in attacking me and are not really interested in learning from...

The Instructor
    No. I am really interested in how any sane person can hold your views and
    spout such nonsense based on logic. Your failure to ever enter into
    debate makes me wonder why you are here.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 01:04
    No. I am really interested in how any sane person can hold your views and
    spout such nonsense based on logic. Your failure to ever enter into
    debate makes me wonder why you are here.
    I am not here to enter into a debate with you, but to instruct in the truth of God.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 07:17
    I am not here to enter into a debate with you, but to instruct in the truth of God.

The Instructor
    Instruction is most effective through debate.

If you disagree with that then you disagree with modern pedagogy and
    also with Jesus.

Or do you think Jesus's teachings were dictatorial?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 12:15
    Instruction is most effective through debate.

If you disagree with that then you disagree with modern pedagogy and
    also with Jesus.

Or do you think Jesus's teachings were dictatorial?
    Mark 10:6 says, “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’” From this passage, we see that Jesus clearly taught that the creation was young, for Adam and Eve existed “from the beginning,” not billions of years after the universe and earth came into existence. Jesus made a similar statement in Mark 13:19 indicating that man’s sufferings started very near the beginning of creation. The parallel phrases of “from the foundation of the world” and “from the blood of Abel” in Luke 11:50–51 also indicate that Jesus placed Abel very close to the beginning of creation, not billions of years after the beginning.His Jewish listeners would have assumed this meaning in Jesus’ words, for the first-century Jewish historian Josephus indicates that the Jews of his day believed that both the first day of creation and Adam’s creation were about 5,000 years before Christ.

In John 5:45–47, Jesus says, “Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” In this passage, Jesus makes it clear that one must believe what Moses wrote. And one of the passages in the writings of Moses in Exodus 20:11 states: “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.” This, of course, is the basis for our seven-day week—six days of work and one day of rest. Obviously, this passage was meant to be taken as speaking of a total of seven literal days based on the Creation Week of six literal days of work and one literal day of rest.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/did-jesus-say-he-created-in-six-days

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 20:58
    Mark 10:6 says, “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’” From this passage, we see that Jesus clearly taught that the creation was young, for Adam and Eve existed “from the beginning,” not billions of years after the universe and earth came into existence. Jesus made a similar statement in Mark 13:19 indicating that man’s su ...[text shortened]... p://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/did-jesus-say-he-created-in-six-days

The Instructor
    You have conveniently forgotten what our debate is about and side-stepped
    my original question. You should have been a politician .. though maybe you
    are even too dumb for that.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 00:39
    my original question. You should have been a politician .. though maybe you
    are even too dumb for that.
    No, Jesus's teachings were not dictatorial. You have been given the free will to believe or not. It is up to you.

The Instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 00:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What? What a senless statement. You say Jesus is the son and Father. So this makes no sense just as the trinity doesn't.
    I did not say Jesus is the Son and the Father. That is something you have made up.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 04:38
    No, Jesus's teachings were not dictatorial. You have been given the free will to believe or not. It is up to you.

The Instructor
    my original question.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 07:40
    my original question.
    You made a strawman argument to debate and I already corrected it and answered all your questions. That debate is dead and there is no point in you beating a dead horse.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree