1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    "...all we have is the word of the people making this report and they don't know why it happened like it did."

The "it" that they were studying was why the event seemed so remarkable to people. I think they, and some of us, know the answer. It has to do with a general human ignorance about how probabilities work, combined with human tendencies to select and ...[text shortened]... netic mutation rates being what they are, evolution is more plausible if Earth is very old.
    I don't accept that at all. I accept the fact that the evilutionists think their idea seems more plausible, if they have more time for it to happen. I believe God created everything very quickly, 6 days to be exact, regardless of how plausible it seems, because I believe the words of the Holy Bible have been inspired by God to provide the truth to mankind on things we could not know otherwise. I believe evilution of the universe and living creatures is impossible without God as creator and designer.
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 08:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You can't even understand what you read. I said you assume you know it all. That means you don't know it all. In other words, you are ignorant.
    Well, that's nothing new. If you had read some of my comments so far you will see I readily admit I do not know. You, on the other hand, have often tried to insist I think I know various things that I don't.

Just to make sure we are absolutely clear on this:

I don't know how the universe began. That doesn't mean god done it.

I don't know where the universe came from. That doesn't mean god done it.

I don't know if gods exist or not. I am fairly certain that your version doesn't though.

Ignorance is bliss so they say. It certainly is for a scientist. Ignorance means we have things to find out, to investigate, to exercise our minds over. If a god made us in its own image we must share some characteristics with said god. I'd bet that curiosity is one of them. Of course, an omniscient god has nothing to be curious about so likely wouldn't design humans with that feature. To me, that is evidence that your god did not design us.
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 08:25
    I believe evilution of the universe and living creatures is impossible without God as creator and designer.
    So evolution is possible with a god?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 15:05
    I don't accept that at all. I accept the fact that the evilutionists think their idea seems more plausible, if they have more time for it to happen. I believe God created everything very quickly, 6 days to be exact, regardless of how plausible it seems, because I believe the words of the Holy Bible have been inspired by God to provide the truth to mankind ...[text shortened]... ilution of the universe and living creatures is impossible without God as creator and designer.
    6 days doesn't sound very quick to me, for someone like God to do. Why does that sound like it was done very quickly, to you?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 23:08
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So evolution is possible with a god?
    Well, I have learned that there are two types of biological evolution. One is called microevolution and the other macroevolution. Now, I normally refer to what they call microevolution as adaptation and variations in species of a kind. The other one called macroevolution is change of one type (kind) of animal or plant to an entirely different type (kind) of animal or plant. This macroevolution is what I call "Evilution" because it is EVIL and is what disagrees with the Genesis account of the creation by God.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 23:10
    6 days doesn't sound very quick to me, for someone like God to do. Why does that sound like it was done very quickly, to you?
    Because you don't know God like I do. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:07
    Well, I have learned that there are two types of biological evolution. One is called microevolution and the other macroevolution. Now, I normally refer to what they call microevolution as adaptation and variations in species of a kind. The other one called macroevolution is change of one type (kind) of animal or plant to an entirely different type (kind) ...[text shortened]... ion" because it is EVIL and is what disagrees with the Genesis account of the creation by God.
    So it's all a question of scale? Or are you just beginning to realise that spouting rubbish doesn't make the facts go away?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 11:15
    So it's all a question of scale? Or are you just beginning to realise that spouting rubbish doesn't make the facts go away?
    There you go mocking again. Truth rules!

HalleluYah !!! Prasie the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 18:02
    Because you don't know God like I do. 😏

LOL. Your reply here is what is called "not even wrong."

"Not even wrong refers to any statement, argument or explanation that can be neither correct nor incorrect, because it fails to meet the criteria by which correctness and incorrectness are determined. "

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 23:37
    Well, that's nothing new. If you had read some of my comments so far you will see I readily admit I do not know. You, on the other hand, have often tried to insist I think I know various things that I don't.

Just to make sure we are absolutely clear on this:

I don't know how the universe began. That doesn't mean god done it.

I don't know where the un ...[text shortened]... ign humans with that feature. To me, that is evidence that your god did not design us.
    You don't know if God exists or not, so you are trying to put God in a box to conform to your own way of thinking, which is flawed, rather than except the word of the inspired prophets and Jesus as to what God is like.

You even try to make a god in your own image that is ignorant like yourself. Your expectation of how God would design His creatures is worth nothing from what I can tell. Who are you to judge God?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 23:56
    LOL. Your reply here is what is called "not even wrong."

"Not even wrong refers to any statement, argument or explanation that can be neither correct nor incorrect, because it fails to meet the criteria by which correctness and incorrectness are determined. "

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong
    Looks like to me that you can't read or do not understand what you read.
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 May '13 08:23
    You don't know if God exists or not, so you are trying to put God in a box to conform to your own way of thinking, which is flawed, rather than except the word of the inspired prophets and Jesus as to what God is like.

You even try to make a god in your own image that is ignorant like yourself. Your expectation of how God would design His creatures is worth nothing from what I can tell. Who are you to judge God?
    Not knowing whether a god exists or not does not constrain that god in any way. If said god wants me to know that he exists he can always give me a call. Of course, your god isn't going to do that because it definitely does not exist.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 08:35
    Not knowing whether a god exists or not does not constrain that god in any way. If said god wants me to know that he exists he can always give me a call. Of course, your god isn't going to do that because it definitely does not exist.
    Perhaps God has more important things to do than call on those that don't believe He exists. You can't please God that way. I and others are calling on you in God's stead. He has sent us Christians out into the world to instruct those such as you. I am the Instructor!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree