1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 09:00
    does god have different 'parts' does he have a 'mind'? is he made of something? or made of nothing?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 10:27
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    does god have different 'parts' does he have a 'mind'? is he made of something? or made of nothing?
    since he sparked the bigbang, he is probably living outside space-time(at least ours) as such he may not be matter or even energy. therefore, he might not have parts (manly or womanly) like you and i understand the notion.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 10:57
    Why don't you ask him?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 11:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why don't you ask him?
    cant get through, just a dead line.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 11:32
    I think he's out. He's been out for the past 2500 or so years though so he may not be coming back. You'd think he'd have some staff to deal with this sort of thing though.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 12:24
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I think he's out. He's been out for the past 2500 or so years though so he may not be coming back. You'd think he'd have some staff to deal with this sort of thing though.
    or maybe he's a floating mass of pure love so cant pick up the receiver. we should pay to have heaven converted so its disabled friendly.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 12:38
    or maybe he's a floating mass of pure love so cant pick up the receiver. we should pay to have heaven converted so its disabled friendly.
    I wonder if heaven has different departments for different branches of christianity? They all believe they are the only ones going to heaven and all the false christians go elsewhere. Might come as a shock if a Hindsist ends up sharing a cloud and a harp with a Catholic. And then we have to consider the other religions that have the same god as CEO.

The more I think about this the less I like heaven. It's going to be just a load of cubicles like a huge office. Now there's a vision of hell!
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 12:51
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I wonder if heaven has different departments for different branches of christianity? They all believe they are the only ones going to heaven and all the false christians go elsewhere. Might come as a shock if a Hindsist ends up sharing a cloud and a harp with a Catholic. And then we have to consider the other religions that have the same god as CEO.

The mo ...[text shortened]... en. It's going to be just a load of cubicles like a huge office. Now there's a vision of hell!
    christians dont seem to be able to grasp the concept of how hellish eternity is within itself, the only way to make it bearable is to have a memory wipe every few hundred thousand years.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 13:16

Start with the parts of your own body. From the eyes, to the nose, the ears, the mough and begin to confess some known sins of each.

The things your eyes have beheld. Some of them were sinful. Confess to God the sins of your eyes.

Then what you have spoken. Some of the things you have said area also sinful. From the eyes come down and confess the sins of your mouth.

Then your ears. Some of the things you have tuned into to listen to have also been sinful. Confess to God the sins of your ears.

Thank God the the blood of Jesus has cleansed you from each one of these confessed sins, and believe so.

The channel between you and God will be opened. And you will have communion with God Himself. And you'll know it.

It is abnormal that you not be able to get through to God. And you should not take that as a relationship you tolerate. The obstacle is your sins. And the remedy is the redemption of Christ.

"No, Jehovah's hand is not so short that it cannot save; Nor is His ear so heavy that it cannot hear.

But your iniquites have become a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear." (Isaiah 59:1,2)

A man's sins cause a separation between he and God.
    A man's iniquites erect a barrier so that you have no sense of God's realness or nearness.

God has made provision for the problem - the redeeming blood of Christ.
    When a man begins to stand upon the redeeming power of the shed blood of Christ and confess in known detail his sins, the barrier is removed, the separation is done away. And you can begin to enjoy fellowship with the Father.

What you have just read is reliable and true.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 14:49
    Originally posted by sonship

Start with the parts of your own body. From the eyes, to the nose, the ears, the mough and begin to confess some known sins of each.

The things your eyes have beheld. Some of them were sinful. Confess to God the sins of your eyes.

Then what you have spoken. Some of the things you have said ar ...[text shortened]... in to enjoy fellowship with the Father.

What you have just read is reliable and true.
    do i have to consider them sins?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 00:37
    Asking if God has parts is like asking if the wind has parts.

Jesus said, "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

(John 4:24 NKJV)

Jesus also said, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

(John 3:8 NKJV)

Http://christian-oneness.org/about-God/chapter4.html

GOD IS FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT AND YET ONE GOD, NOT THREE.

http://christian-oneness.org/about-God/chapter7.html
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 09:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Asking if God has parts is like asking if the wind has parts.

Jesus said, "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

(John 4:24 NKJV)

Jesus also said, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

(J ...[text shortened]... OLY SPIRIT AND YET ONE GOD, NOT THREE.

http://christian-oneness.org/about-God/chapter7.html
    im not sure what this means?

i cant ask the wind as its not sentient, is this what you mean? god is not sentient.

if the wind could answer it would say - im am a mass of elemental particles, usually arranged into positively and negatively charged areas and i am formed because of outside climatic changes and the evaporation of water.

what would god say?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 11:24
    im not sure what this means?

i cant ask the wind as its not sentient, is this what you mean? god is not sentient.

if the wind could answer it would say - im am a mass of elemental particles, usually arranged into positively and negatively charged areas and i am formed because of outside climatic changes and the evaporation of water.

what would god say?
    You did not ask God either. You posted your question on the Spirituality Forum. Perhaps, you should have posted your question on the Science Forum if you were expecting a materialitic answer.

I gave you the spiritual answer from Jesus. If you don't understand it, then ask God.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 11:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You did not ask God either. You posted your question on the Spirituality Forum. Perhaps, you should have posted your question on the Science Forum if you were expecting a materialitic answer.

I gave you the spiritual answer from Jesus. If you don't understand it, then ask God.
    i dont think a question asking what god is made of belongs in a science forum.

jesus's answer was pretty vague. what did he mean by 'spirit' what is 'spirit'?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 11:595 edits

If you bring your life under the light of the Bible you will see that you have indeed sinned.

But if you do not want to agree with God then you can rationalize, excuse, or reason their guilt away.

You could say the OTHER person needs repentence more than you do.
    You can resolve that you still want to enjoy your sinning for a little longer.
    You can bribe your conscience by doing something else which you think God would be pleased with.

You could also rely on Quantum Physics to maybe get you off the hook.

But in doing all this you would be no better than the child molesting priest who also has his rationales, arguments, excuses, procastinations, etc. You would lose your ground to sharply criticize them because you are doing the same thing.

When it comes to confessing our sins to God it seems we always want to be at the end of the line with OTHERS much more qualified to go ahead of us. This is the problem God has with sinners. They love to confess the sins of OTHERS and excuse their own away.

I explained to you why God is not real to you. Your sins have made a separation between you and God. Your iniquities of actual and real guilt have formed an insulation so that you cannot touch Him.

I explained to you the remedy of the redemption of Christ.
    And I explained the effectiveness of beginning to confess known faults to God bringing each one under the blood of Jesus.

Then you will have no problem to fellowshipping with Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree