The Terrifying Message within DNA

The Terrifying Message within DNA

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jun 15
3 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
So somehow in your delusional brain, the discovery that the tonsil and appendix have useful function proves creationism? It has been known for quite a while the appendix is a storehouse of good bacteria in case for some reason the guts loses all the bacteria there, they get replaced by the appendix.
The predictive claim of the evolutionists was that the appendix and tonsils were vestigial organs left over from evolution. It is basically the same predictive claim they have made about "junk" DNA, because they thought it had lost its function. But it has turned out that they do have functions.

Even the idea that a vestigal organ lost its function is not evolution, but instead, it is de-evolution or degeneration, the opposite of what the theory of evolution is supposed to be. The fact that the creature was better in the beginning supports creation, not evolution.

https://answersingenesis.org/human-body/vestigial-organs/vestigial-organs-evidence-for-evolution/

😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
The predictive claim of the evolutionists was that the appendix and tonsils were vestigial organs left over from evolution. It is basically the same predictive claim they have made about "junk" DNA, because they thought it had lost its function. But it has turned out that they do have functions.

Even the idea that a vestigal organ lost its function is n ...[text shortened]... /answersingenesis.org/human-body/vestigial-organs/vestigial-organs-evidence-for-evolution/

😏
Your BS video as usual answers nothing, it only ASSERTS. You can say Goddidit all you want but that doesn't make it true. It just makes you desperate.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jun 15

I dunno, I'm still waiting on this "terrifying message" mentioned in the thread title.

Moves
28 Jun 15

Even the idea that a vestigal organ lost its function is not evolution, but instead, it is de-evolution or degeneration, the opposite of what the theory of evolution is supposed to be.
You clearly still have an abysmal understanding of evolutionary theory, which is quite an underachievement given the number of posts and links on the subject directed specifically at you.

I won't bother explaining how you're wrong about that, since clearly it's a waste of time, but you're wrong (as usual in these matters).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 15

Originally posted by C Hess
You clearly still have an abysmal understanding of evolutionary theory, which is quite an underachievement given the number of posts and links on the subject directed specifically at you.

I won't bother explaining how you're wrong about that, since clearly it's a waste of time, but you're wrong (as usual in these matters).
All you can do is claim I am wrong. That is all any evolutionist can do. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
I dunno, I'm still waiting on this "terrifying message" mentioned in the thread title.
You apparently did not look at the video because the message that is terrifying to the evolutionists and the old earth theists like you is that mutation rates between human Mitochondrial DNA indicates humans have existed only about 6000 years. Now isn[t that a terrifying message to those that don't believe in a literal 6 day creation? 😏

Moves
28 Jun 15

All you can do is claim I am wrong. That is all any evolutionist can do. 😏
Evolution is about adaptation, and adaptation is a relative phenomenon. Variation (alleles) in a genotype is caused by mutations. The more alleles that are expressed in a population, and the bigger the population, the better, because the odds are increased that at least some large portion will survive (adapt) to changing living conditions. Therefore, a change in an allele that may be considered to have a weakening effect on those individuals in which it is currently expressed (perhaps creating an increased risk of developing certain illnesses), may turn out to be very useful for future adaptation. It follows then that there is no such thing as de-evolution. Thus, I think I can safely conclude that you are wrong.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Jun 15

1. Even the idea that a vestigal organ lost its function is not evolution, but instead, it is de-evolution or degeneration, the opposite of what the theory of evolution is supposed to be.
2. The fact that the creature was better in the beginning supports creation, not evolution.
1. You need to define "de-evolution". I don't know what it means.

2. "A creature was better in the beginning" ??? Better for what?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
28 Jun 15

You apparently did not look at the video because the message that is terrifying to the evolutionists and the old earth theists like you is that mutation rates between human Mitochondrial DNA indicates humans have existed only about 6000 years. Now isn[t that a terrifying message to those that don't believe in a literal 6 day creation? 😏
I showed in my calculation of her figures, i.e. a sixteenfold error in the occurrence of predicted mutations, that "Eve" would have been born 120 000 years ago, not 6000.

Using HER figures.

But nothing but stunned silence from His Near Genius Highness, Lord Smugface.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 Jun 15

The terrifying message is that people like him have the vote in your country.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by C Hess
Evolution is about adaptation, and adaptation is a relative phenomenon. Variation (alleles) in a genotype is caused by mutations. The more alleles that are expressed in a population, and the bigger the population, the better, because the odds are increased that at least some large portion will survive (adapt) to changing living conditions. Therefore, a change ...[text shortened]... there is no such thing as de-evolution. Thus, I think I can safely conclude that you are wrong.
You clearly still have an abysmal understanding of the theory of evolution. And de-evolution, is simply degeneration. I can also play the Duchess game.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
1. You need to define "de-evolution". I don't know what it means.

2. "A creature was better in the beginning" ??? Better for what?
1. I defined "de-evolution" by giving a synonym for it.

2. When God made a creature in the beginning, it was made good. That is, it was better for what it was designed for by God than it is today. The creatures today are a result of degeneration over time, the opposite of evolution.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jun 15

When God made a creature in the beginning, it was made good. That is, it was better for what it was designed for by God than it is today. The creatures today are a result of degeneration over time, the opposite of evolution.[/b]
What forms the basis for your statement?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jun 15

Originally posted by moonbus
The terrifying message is that people like him have the vote in your country.
Yes, and actually, even more terrifying is that people like this are on the Texas Schools Board, which decides which textbooks the school system (in Texas) will use every year. So their redneck message gets passed down to a new generation of youngsters, despite the US Constitution and its Establishment Clause.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 Jun 15

Yes, and actually, even more terrifying is that people like this are on the Texas Schools Board, which decides which textbooks the school system (in Texas) will use every year. So their redneck message gets passed down to a new generation of youngsters, despite the US Constitution and its Establishment Clause.
Not only in Texas. There is a powerful lobby still re-running the Scopes Trial, over and over, to get Genesis taught as science in the public schools. Back when I was still an American, I was a card-carrying member of the ACLU to help stop this nonsense. But the religious right is relentless. Watch out!