1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sigh, why should I dignify such a bitter and contorted misrepresentation of the reality. The statement, 'the total summation of your spirituality', may be summed up as an evaluation of the habitual process of constantly criticising others, while ignoring our own faults and idiosyncrasies. It refers to the lack of spirituality of such a stance, for ...[text shortened]... does not have a degree of self esteem. It is not intended as a taunt, but as a wake up call.
    It may have escaped you notice but this is debate forum Rob. The purpose of this place, or one of them, is to criticise other people's points of view. Something yourself partakes in. Complaining about criticism in a debating forum is as bonkers as complaining about getting wet in a swimming pool.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It may have escaped you notice but this is debate forum Rob. The purpose of this place, or one of them, is to criticise other people's points of view. Something yourself partakes in. Complaining about criticism in a debating forum is as bonkers as complaining about getting wet in a swimming pool.
    I am fully aware of that PK, however, there is a chasm of a difference between debating and criticising the merits of an argument and habitually criticising the personality behind the argument.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:19
    I am fully aware of that PK, however, there is a chasm of a difference between debating and criticising the merits of an argument and habitually criticising the personality behind the argument.
    Why do you criticize my personality every time we have a debate?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:221 edit
    The personal name calling comes from your end only Rob.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you criticize my personality every time we have a debate?
    Thank you FMF, i could not have done it without you, this is exactly the type of behaviour i am referring to, please note how you have single-handedly reduced the debate to personalities already, with one ill conceived statement, its not about you FMF, its not about me, but you seem somehow incapable or unwilling to acknowledge that. Plenty of other posters are capable of sticking to the script, rank outsider, avalanche the cat, Js357, LongJohnny all without making references to the personality. Thankyou for illustrating my point, you have done it brilliantly.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:301 edit
    The personal name calling comes form your end only Rob.
    That is simply goading, most of the time i make up my own names and again, its not about me, this is entirely typical of what i am referring to, a habitual criticism of personality, this debate is not about me, its about my post which seeks to substantiate the claim that criticising the individual habitually betrays a lack of spirituality.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:39
    this is simply goading, most of the time i make up my own names and again, its not about me, this is entirely typical of what i am referring to a habitual criticism of personality, this debate is not about me, its about my post which seeks to substantiate the claim that criticising the individual habitually betrays a lack of spirituality.
    Your name calling and ad hominem attacks are not about you? Okay Rob.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:47
    That is simply goading, most of the time i make up my own names and again, its not about me, this is entirely typical of what i am referring to, a habitual criticism of personality, this debate is not about me, its about my post which seeks to substantiate the claim that criticising the individual habitually betrays a lack of spirituality.
    If criticising the individual betrays a lack of spirituality then the last remnants of spirituality in you must be akin to the dregs of a finished pint of beer.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:481 edit
    Thank you FMF, i could not have done it without you, this is exactly the type of behaviour i am referring to, please note how you have single-handedly reduced the debate to personalities already, with one ill conceived statement...
    When I ask you "Why do you criticize my personality every time we have a debate?" what I am referring to is you calling me a troll, mentally diseased,a complete dick, an insidious liar, sadistic, perverted, a slanderer, slimy etc. etc., all manner of insults, almost every time we debate anything. I never subject you to personal abuse of this kind. That's why I ask, why do you criticize my personality every time we have a debate?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 10:542 edits
    Plenty of other posters are capable of sticking to the script, rank outsider, avalanche the cat, Js357, LongJohnny all without making references to the personality.
    Yes I have noticed that you usually don't hurl raw personal abuse at them in the same way as you do at me.

edit:
    I just had a look back at a recent example of your forum behaviour. On the "Are Christians permitted to own slaves?" thread, for example, just in the space of the first few pages, you had already said I was - and people can go back and look at all this stuff - an insidious and arrogant slanderer, a total slandering zoob, simply an internet troll [you said this ten times or more], slanderous and slimy, that I had low self-esteem, I was totally banal, a tiresome bore, a sadistic creature, that I desired attention, that I am just airing my personal grievances, that I have perverse needs, that I am dishonest, have no integrity, etc. etc. and much more besides. And that's just one thread. And just a few pages of it.

Do you think saying all this kind of stuff to me during a debate is somehow NOT you criticizing my personality?

I never address you in this manner. Never.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I have noticed that you usually don't hurl raw personal abuse at them in the same way as you do at me.

edit:
    I just had a look back at a recent example of your forum behaviour. On the "Are Christians permitted to own slaves?" thread, for example, just in the space of the first few pages, you had already said I was - and people can go back and look at al is somehow NOT you criticizing my personality?

I never address you in this manner. Never.
    Indeed that is because they are prepared to criticise the argument and not the personality behind the argument. You on the other hand appear to me to be incapable of anything else.

I remember keeping a list of the personal abuse that i suffered on this forum, i also recall that you described it as a vanity and an attempt at self aggrandisement, are you denying the fact, no i didn't think so. Once again rather focusing on the point at hand, you direct your arguments at the personality. This thread is an illustrative case in point and quite frankly why in my opinion you are insidious, a slanderer, your posts, not you are slimy, that trolls have low self esteem (i quoted a third party source) , that you fit the behaviour patterns ( I provided evidence of your use of an emotive subject, a failure to answer any questions, your willingness to pit others against each other) etc etc , these are statements of facts. Again i described your posts as tiresome, boring, lacking content which to me they do and are, that trolling is a perversity (again taken from a third party source), yes they are directed at your personality and i myself need to look at that issue and rectify it, but at least i was willing to also look at the issue, which you seem incapable of doing and in fact i had rather a fruitful discussion after i dismissed your posts. So you don't call people names, you certainly misrepresent their position and personalise almost every single post that you make and as far as i am concerned you certainly are best avoided.

I am sorry if you find this hurtful, but its been my bitter experience to have any kind of correspondence with you, for this very reason. Time and again, i repeated, its not about me, so that it became a hackneyed cliche and time and again the thread was reduced to a discussion about personalities. I will be pleased if you simply stay away from me, do not respond to my posts, ignore me and treat me as a non entity, thanks in advance - Robbie.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 17:29
    If criticising the individual betrays a lack of spirituality then the last remnants of spirituality in you must be akin to the dregs of a finished pint of beer.
    Thank you for the illustration, how edifying.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 19:17
    You do this repeatedly. Try a little self examination.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 20:18
    So you don't call people names, you certainly misrepresent their position and personalise almost every single post that you make and as far as i am concerned you certainly are best avoided.
    When you say I "personalize almost every single post", do you mean you personally disagree with "almost every single post" of mine?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 22:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's a turn of phrase one hears almost ad nauseam here on this Spirituality Forum

"The total summation of your spirituality is [[b]INSERT HERE
    some small bone of contention or snide reference to a disagreement or criticism that has irritated the writer]..."

example: "The total summation of your spirituality is to just think you are ...[text shortened]... s it work for anyone?

Perhaps this thread could be for debating how we debate. 😀😉[/b]
    Your thread suggests that speculation has a place in spirituality.

Like.......You have your spirituality and they have there spirituality.

God and the truth of existence has nothing to do with what you or someone else speculate,s about.

People have to embrace authority.

But not false authority.

The Vedas are the authority.

But you cannot find out much from looking at the Vedas on-line because there is so much false interpretation of the Vedic Sanskrit from pseudo translators online.

One must seek out the bonafide spiritual master.

And for every bonafide spiritual ,master there are 5000 pseudo ones.

I can give any sincere person the truth that (Srila Prubhupada) is a bonafide spiritual master.

So now we have knowledge .......where is the truth of spirituality and who is the bonafide spiritual master.

Sincere persons can now go forward with this information.

Those who are not sincere may leave it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree