1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 16:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.

When it concerns God and the Holy Bible, it would be wise for you guys to take my word over some reprobate Atheist on Youtube or the holy grail for atheists (talkorigins.org). I am probably your best source of true information on this subject you will find on this website. If there is another, let him speak out.
    Oh do shut up you tiresome waste of oxygen.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 16:29
    So you believe "Piltdown man" is a true missing link between humans and the apes and not a hoax?
    You prefix your comment with the word "So"; is this meant to imply some prior cognitive engagement occurred before you lept to this arbitrary inference?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 17:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You prefix your comment with the word "So"; is this meant to imply some prior cognitive engagement occurred before you lept to this arbitrary inference?
    You stated their was only two hoaxes, when I had included "Piltdown Man" on an earlier post, which you did not include. SO, that implies you do not view "Piltdown man" as a hoax like all the scientist now do, right?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 17:49
    You stated their was only two hoaxes, when I had included "Piltdown Man" on an earlier post, which you did not include. SO, that implies you do not view "Piltdown man" as a hoax like all the scientist now do, right?
    It's time to get over obsessing about Piltdown man. I know it's a hoax, you know it was a hoax, I don't think ANYONE on the planet now thinks it's NOT a hoax. So get over it, for krist's sake

. Move on to bigger and better things, like trying to analyze why you obsess over trying to destroy evolution or why you insist evolutionary scientists HAVE to include origins of life in the science of evolution which you cannot get through your head that they are two separate sciences.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 20:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's time to get over obsessing about Piltdown man. I know it's a hoax, you know it was a hoax, I don't think ANYONE on the planet now thinks it's NOT a hoax. So get over it, for krist's sake

. Move on to bigger and better things, like trying to analyze why you obsess over trying to destroy evolution or why you insist evolutionary scientists HAVE to incl ...[text shortened]... ce of evolution which you cannot get through your head that they are two separate sciences.
    The theory of Evolution comes under biological Science just as the orgin of life does. It is not two sciences, numbnits!

Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology

Don't let yourself be fooled by all thes false claims. This is why it is still important not to forget the "hoax" of "Piltdown man". Don't let anyone fool you into thinking evolution and the origin of life are two different sciences again. It is all Biology -- one science!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 21:27
    The theory of Evolution comes under biological Science just as the orgin of life does. It is not two sciences, numbnits!

[b]Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.

Don't let ...[text shortened]... nd the origin of life are two different sciences again. It is all Biology -- one science![/b]
    I am tempted to go low into ad hominem's but I won't. I grit my teeth and just say the origin of life is a CHEMISTRY issue not a biological issue.
    They are indeed TWO separate sciences.

Why don't you consult an actual evolution scientist and ask him or her whether they study the origin of life instead of just spouting BS?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 22:001 edit
    Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.

If you understood any grammar and if you read the wikipedia quote correctly you would see that the word "origin" relates to "living organisms" and not "life". have italicised the passage to make it clearer for you.

Besides which it is self-evident that before life there was no biology and therefore the origin of life (as opposed to the origin of living organisms) is a question of chemistry - not biology - and as has been repeatedly pointed out to you is not an evolutionary question.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 02:37
    I am tempted to go low into ad hominem's but I won't. I grit my teeth and just say the origin of life is a CHEMISTRY issue not a biological issue.
    They are indeed TWO separate sciences.

Why don't you consult an actual evolution scientist and ask him or her whether they study the origin of life instead of just spouting BS?
    I quoted what the wiki article said about the origin of life and it is included in the science of Biology. Chemistry is not concerned with the origin of life.

"Chemistry is the science of matter, especially its chemical reactions, but also its composition, structure and properties. Chemistry is concerned with atoms and their interactions with other atoms, and particularly with the properties of chemical bonds."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemistry
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 02:39
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]If you understood any grammar and if you read the wikipedia quote correctly you would see that the word "origin" relates to "living organisms" and not "life". have italicised the passage to make it clearer for you.

Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their st ...[text shortened]... t biology - and as has been repeatedly pointed out to you is not an evolutionary question.[/b]
    It is amazing how stupid you guys are.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 04:151 edit
    It is amazing how stupid you guys are.
    You just keep going and going, dont you?

As has been pointed out by numerous posters , a lot of christian posters as well, you are the stupid one. You are the one with your head up ... (you know how it goes- you've said it that many times)

I admit when I am stupid about a certain subject. I feel good inside when someone corrects me for my obvious mistakes or fauxpars (how do you spell it? )
    You have nearly singlehandedly wrecked a perfectly fine forum. (I say 'nearly' because I noticed Dasa has reared his ridiculous crap again - naming three op's with the same title. We get it Dasa - you have pointed out the negative aspects of Islam- which is not really Islam at all).

Both of you seem to have the most limited reading resources , and since you are both middle aged, I doubt either of you will change your ways.
    Although miracles do happen. But that's just a condensed way of saying a lot that I dont have the time or patience for spelling it out for you-which has been done, many times by many posters.
    Anyway , you believe in miracles, dont you Ron?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 08:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You just keep going and going, dont you?

As has been pointed out by numerous posters , a lot of christian posters as well, you are the stupid one. You are the one with your head up ... (you know how it goes- you've said it that many times)

I admit when I am stupid about a certain subject. I feel good inside when someone corrects me for my obvious ...[text shortened]... as been done, many times by many posters.
    Anyway , you believe in miracles, dont you Ron?
    I am like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going and going.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 10:02
    I am like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps going and going.
    So you can't figure out that before there was life there was no biology? And having no biology it was chemistry that is the study of the origin of life? You still don't get it and never will.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 12:28
    So you can't figure out that before there was life there was no biology? And having no biology it was chemistry that is the study of the origin of life? You still don't get it and never will.
    The origin of life is God. It doesn't come from rocks. Will you ever figure that one out?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 15:04
    The origin of life is God. It doesn't come from rocks. Will you ever figure that one out?
    We were talking about the scientific study of the origin of life not your biblical fairy tales. In the real world the study of origins is an ongoing scientific debate about the subject. Hey, maybe they will prove you right about the origin issue. If so, they will admit it. They would not fight it just because you think all evolution scientists are atheists. If it were proven, they would show the evidence and act on it.

On the other hand, as is more likely, they would prove how life started here on Earth, maybe from a meteorite from Mars, maybe from the interstellar cloud theory of Dr. Linus Pauling, maybe an alien took a dump at a picnic on Earth a billion years ago and left some bacteria behind which started the whole thing off. There are dozens of scenarios of possibilities outside your fairy tale obsession.

If your fairy tale is true and they prove it so be it. May the best dogma win.

2000 years and no sign of your god, hundreds of millions of people died in a lot of wars and your god could give a crap less, no show in 2000 years, not going to show now or 2000 years from now or 200,000 years from now in my opinion.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 20:43
    We were talking about the scientific study of the origin of life not your biblical fairy tales. In the real world the study of origins is an ongoing scientific debate about the subject. Hey, maybe they will prove you right about the origin issue. If so, they will admit it. They would not fight it just because you think all evolution scientists are atheists. ...[text shortened]... 000 years, not going to show now or 2000 years from now or 200,000 years from now in my opinion.
    The only possibility is the truth and we already know the truth. Are you willing to accept it? In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    (Genesis 1:1)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree