1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 23:08
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Real debate is always welcome, but not bigoted intolerant comments. I resent them very much.
    resent and feign offense all you want cry baby
    you aint running this forum.
  2. R.I.P.
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 23:311 edit
    Originally posted by Nicolaas

The essence of God does not include human frailties, such as partiality, the desire to control, favoritism, judgementalism, wrath, righteous anger, resentment, limitation, arbitrariness, vanity, revenge, jealousy, retaliation. vulnerability or locality.

I wonder how you feel about the content of the bible ? there is plenty of stuff like favoritism "god's choosen people" or Judgementalism "judgement day", revenge & retaliation " god smigthing down his enemies" etc......
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 23:41
    God is the ultimate context for our existance.

God is both manifest as the Totality and Allness of Creation and simultaneously unmanifest as the Godhead, the Infinite Potentiality and source or 'voidness' prior to from.

God is infinite beyond time or depictions of space or locality, without beginning or end.

God is omnipresent, omnipotent, and ...[text shortened]... e or space.

[b]Truth is verifiable only by identity with it and not by knowing about it.
    [/b]
    Are these the only truths about God or are you preparing for the verbal section of the SAT?
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 23:42
    Real debate is always welcome, but not bigoted intolerant comments. I resent them very much.
    Thats good, something we can all agree on.

Hang on, if it wasn't for the bigoted intolerant comments the rest of you make there'd only be me posting on this bored
  5. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 23:43
    Originally posted by telerion
    Are these the only truths about God or are you preparing for the verbal section of the SAT?
    I think its a buddhist chant of some kind
  6. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 05:36
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    [b]Are you afraid of real debate with people who are antipathetic to your views?

Real debate is always welcome. But how often does that happen (from both sides)?[/b]
    The best post I have seen (and not authored) in some time.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 06:10
    I totally agree with IVANHOE.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 06:13
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    resent and feign offense all you want cry baby
    you aint running this forum.
    same goes for you - cry baby :'(
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 06:13
    How would you define 'bigoted, intolerant comments,' Ivanhoe?

Nemesio
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 06:18
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    How would you define 'bigoted, intolerant comments,' Ivanhoe?

Nemesio
    Nemesio, read from the start of the thread, you'll understand.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 06:44
    Nemesio, read from the start of the thread, you'll understand.
    My concern is that Ivanhoe rapidly accuses some people of being bigotted when
    they simply disagree with him. I am concerned that he does not know what
    the term means. Also, he has made assertions that I find to be of questionable
    ethical nature which he asserts are perfectly legitimate.

In either case, he refuses to defend his accusation/assertion with any reason.
    I was hoping for a definition from him in an effort to try to unravel what I
    consider to be a very mysterious position.

Nemesio
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 06:54
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    My concern is that Ivanhoe rapidly accuses some people of being bigotted when
    they simply disagree with him. I am concerned that he does not know what
    the term means. Also, he has made assertions that I find to be of questionable
    ethical nature which he asserts are perfectly legitimate.

In either case, he refuses to defend his accusation/assertion wi ...[text shortened]... im in an effort to try to unravel what I
    consider to be a very mysterious position.

Nemesio
    Have u read some of the stuff ppl here replied to me?

What about the rude remarks made to me (or us, whoever is with me). Isnt that also questionable? We simply disagree with them, the disagree with us.

Ppl tend to not read the thread headings. It purely says, "The Truths about God". If they dont believe in it, they are very welcome not to enter or read any of the comments. BUT! they do come in.

Why?

To force us not to believe, while they are saying we force them to believe *Shaking my head and smiling 🙂

Who is forcing who now??????????????????????????????????????
  13. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 07:04
    Real debate is impossible with people who simply quote the bible without ever having an original thought of their own.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 07:13
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Real debate is impossible with people who simply quote the bible without ever having an original thought of their own.
    How can a person quote the Bible if they did not have the original thought of quoting the Bible in the first place?

It speaks volumes if you are unable to counter anything written in the Bible.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 07:14
    Have u read some of the stuff ppl here replied to me?

What about the rude remarks made to me (or us, whoever is with me). Isnt that also questionable? We simply disagree with them, the disagree with us.

Ppl tend to not read the thread headings. It purely says, "The Truths about God". If they dont believe in it, they are very welcome not to enter or ...[text shortened]... *Shaking my head and smiling 🙂

Who is forcing who now??????????????????????????????????????
    Some come in to cajole, there is no doubt.

Some come in question in sincerity.

Some come in to learn.

Howardagee knows which one he is. Ivanhoe does not.

This is my concern.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree