1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 01:32
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Sonship, i heard what you said. My comment wasn't about what you said. Just my own observations.
    Oh. And Oh.

I TAKE EVERYTHING PERSONALLY DUDE !!!
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 01:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    Oh. And Oh.

[b] I TAKE EVERYTHING PERSONALLY DUDE !!!
    [/b]
    Sometimes i just type out my thoughts.

I try not to take things personally, here on this forum. There are those here who choose to engage in healthy debates, and others that fart in the wind just to watch others respond.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 03:21
    Sometimes i just type out my thoughts.

I try not to take things personally, here on this forum. There are those here who choose to engage in healthy debates, and others that fart in the wind just to watch others respond.
    Do you mean when somebody asks something like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 12:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you mean when somebody asks something like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
    RJ you know the difference between those with a sense of humor and those who are just plain rude.

Personally i thought the head of a pin comment was good comic relief. We are way to serious at times out here. But there are definitely some that aren't worth responding to.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 12:34
    I was listening to a preacher on the radio, Rev. Jeremiah Johnson, who stated that fire would literally come from their mouths. Maybe he never understood that part in scripture which states that the Word burns in the heart. Or, do you keep your lamp under a basket? No, the lamp, lit with the Fire of God, is to shine.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 17:34
    I was listening to a preacher on the radio, Rev. Jeremiah Johnson, who stated that fire would literally come from their mouths. Maybe he never understood that part in scripture which states that the Word burns in the heart. Or, do you keep your lamp under a basket? No, the lamp, lit with the Fire of God, is to shine.
    This is no different than Roman Catholic Priests claiming that the bread and wine literally turns into the body and blood of Christ in the mouth during the cermony done to remember Christ.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 14:271 edit
    This is no different than Roman Catholic Priests claiming that the bread and wine literally turns into the body and blood of Christ in the mouth during the cermony done to remember Christ.
    Transubstantiation takes place at the alter. When the priest raises the bread, and then raises the wine. In both cases saying "this is My body" "this is My blood". Maybe you should read up on it R J; peace of Christ be with you
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 22:411 edit
    Transubstantiation takes place at the alter. When the priest raises the bread, and then raises the wine. In both cases saying "this is My body" "this is My blood". Maybe you should read up on it R J; peace of Christ be with you
    I have and my opinion is that Jesus meant this only in a symbolic way, as He did when he referred to His body as a temple.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 22:50
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Bible says :

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I would take that to mean that the elect of God cannot be deceived. Probably God guides the elect in the right direction.
    and ummm, I'm guessing there aren't any 'elect' here in this forum.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 23:032 edits
    Who are they, where will they come from, and how will we recognize them?
    RJ made a comment in another thread that made me curious. Jesus stated that we should be wary of those who will try to mislead the church/or God's Children. These who will do the misleading will do miracles and show all sorts of signs.

So from Jesus own words, how will we know them ...[text shortened]... d show up wearing sack cloth and preach a misleading message in God's holy city. Just a thought.
    I think jaywill was right when he said they are Moses and Elijah. For one reason only. These two never saw death. They were both 'taken up' to God. And yet, scripture tells us every man is to die once, then the Judgment. These two come back, testify for three and a half years (1260 days) and then are killed by the Beast, lay in the street for three and a half days, then resurrected and taken up again. And the world shall see all of this, and this shall be their witness.

If you want to know how to know them, see Revelation 11. Their whole story is there.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 23:18
    I have and my opinion is that Jesus meant this only in a symbolic way, as He did when he referred to His body as a temple.
    As He said, "Do this in remembrance of me."

All this "literal blood and body" stuff always weirded me out.

Sounds like the kind of mistake the JWs would make. "Well, He *said* "This is my body", what is it about that you don't get??" Sigh...

Just another literalist mistake. Jesus came and spoke in metaphor, allegory and parable. And yet some people can't recognize the same when it occurs elsewhere in the Bible.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 20:22
    I found one!
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/metal-lamp-stand/1048500789

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree