1. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    29 Sep '12 05:09
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Thank you for your offering.
    Some reflections from a Buddhist/Taoist influenced place:

It appears that that which was before the first thing in the causal chain, and that which was beyond the last thing in the causal chain is the same as that which enables the causal chain itself.

It does not appear that any thing or entity or soul can exist unto itse ...[text shortened]... d waking?

Progress and regress occur. Where does past and future dwell?

Namaste.
    thankyou for enlightening the subject.
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 14:28
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why do you say something should have popped out of the sky by now? i dont understand.
    I was referring to aliens.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 16:42
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I was referring to aliens.
    i know. i dont understand why you think that if aliens existed they would have visited us by now. it seems illogical to me.
  4. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 18:30
    i know. i dont understand why you think that if aliens existed they would have visited us by now. it seems illogical to me.
    Statistically it would be illogical if they hadn't. Remember our solar system is very young in comparison with the formation of the galaxy. It is becoming apparent that the entirety of the universe is seeded with the chemical building blocks necessary for creating life. Only the correct environment needs to be present.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 19:07
    What bakes my noodle is why no one ever remembers being an alien.

...because if aliens existed, they would have visited us by now.

Are you trying to say that mankind will eventually die out, reincarnate and be some form of alien, where after the aliens will die out again and humans will form....all over again. THAT seems illogical.

Or are you trying to say there is only one state after another until none is left?
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 21:15
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    [b]What bakes my noodle is why no one ever remembers being an alien.

...because if aliens existed, they would have visited us by now.

Are you trying to say that mankind will eventually die out, reincarnate and be some form of alien, where after the aliens will die out again and humans will form....all over again. THAT seems illogical.

Or are you trying to say there is only one state after another until none is left?[/b]
    No your mashing two things together. What i was proposing was that if reincarnation was true (and i think it is just not in the traditional, your soul is personal kind of way) then why is the process tethered to one planet per race. And aliens have visited i thought that was a given by now. They are advertising now haven't you noticed, or do you need your leader to tell you their version of the truth.
    This is July's best of but it does start at January and ends at August.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_372890&feature=iv&src_vid=aNj9mbQztHI&v=vBuZXOJ7Ghw
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 22:55
    Originally posted by NOTGATE
    Statistically it would be illogical if they hadn't. Remember our solar system is very young in comparison with the formation of the galaxy. It is becoming apparent that the entirety of the universe is seeded with the chemical building blocks necessary for creating life. Only the correct environment needs to be present.
    I can think of several reasons that advanced civilizations would have not to contact civilizations in other solar systems and galaxies. Contrary to what you say, these reasons would make contacting us illogical.
  8. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 03:03
    Originally posted by NOTGATE
    No your mashing two things together. What i was proposing was that if reincarnation was true (and i think it is just not in the traditional, your soul is personal kind of way) then why is the process tethered to one planet per race. And aliens have visited i thought that was a given by now. They are advertising now haven't you noticed, or do you need your le ...[text shortened]... youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_372890&feature=iv&src_vid=aNj9mbQztHI&v=vBuZXOJ7Ghw
    Thanks for that link. Too much observational evidence mounting up especially with more with camera phones to hand these days.
  9. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '12 03:091 edit
    The UFO knockers always focus on how are the distances crossed, and why they don't reveal fully, etc. These are legitimate questions but that does not allow them to constantly ignore the observational evidence that there is now of singular and multiple "unidentified flying objects", still without sufficient explanation.

Yeah, I know, they are all 'hoaxes'. Or a mistaken identity is made of a weather ballon or something and that dismisses the lot. That's as bad as skewed fundamentalist 'logic'.

Despite the legitimate questions, why isn't there acknowledgement of the basic validity of these strange sightings, minus any interpretation? They ARE occurring.
    What is the fear?

Our earth-based knowledge is not finalized at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree