1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 01:30
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Which is opinion, since there can be no evidence of anything outside the universe.
    It's not just an opinion that the inflation rate is increasing, nor is there ONE rational theory inside your universe that accounts for it,
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 11:47
    I never said that, and it is not my contention. The singularity that created the universe was not a "dot of matter". It was nothing that can be described by any language that we possess, but it certainly was no "dot of matter".
    So you contend that the second law of thermodynamics did not apply to the singularity?
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 21:44
    If it has a boundary, that suggests something outside it. Please, illuminate me as to what is "outside" the universe, and what evidence you have for it?
    You have no evidence to say that the known universe is all there is and yet you assert that it is. A true scientific position would be "maybe , maybe not , we don't know".... but the way you argue depends upon a pre-supposition which says that it is all there is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree