1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 23:02
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    He doesn't have to - its a logical conclusion of the rubbish that he's spewing forth. If the universe works the way he tries to make you believe it does, life wouldn't work, neither would basic physics. The manufacturing industry would be screwed, in short.
    Second law of Thermodynamics:

"Every system, left to its own devices, always tends to move from order to disorder, its energy tending to be transformed into lower levels of availability (for work), ultimately becoming totally random and unavailable for work."

You seem to be ignoring every part of this law intentionally and putting words in my mouth on top of it. You really are a waste of time.

So long.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 23:42
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Second law of Thermodynamics:

"Every system, left to its own devices, always tends to move from order to disorder, its energy tending to be transformed into lower levels of availability (for work), ultimately becoming totally random and unavailable for work."

You seem to be ignoring every part of this law intentionally and putting words in my mouth on top of it. You really are a waste of time.

So long.
    And you, my dumb friend, are a waste of a human skin. Surely, you are the greatest proof that God does not exist.

Yes, the 2nd law says that an entire system will become more disorganised over time, but that does not mean that localised areas, for example the earth, cannot become less disorganised provided that some place else is increasing entropy suitably to balance the localised decrease (i.e. the sun).
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 02:32
    I never said that.

The 2nd law only talks about the whole system, not the components. One part of a system can become more complex (like, for example, a plant photosynthesizing) provided another part is increasing in entropy, providing energy for that to happen (like the nuclear reactions in the sun).

The universe is a closed system, in that there are no inputs from "outside", since there is no "outside"!
    Explain to me
    ,,If the universe is a closed system, wtf is the boundary that closed it?
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 19:43
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Explain to me
    Yes , I would like to know that too. I would also like to hear some speculation as to whether there is nothing outside it or something outside it , in other words what does the universe border up against?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 21:261 edit
    And you, my dumb friend, are a waste of a human skin. Surely, you are the greatest proof that God does not exist.

Yes, the 2nd law says that an entire system will become more disorganised over time, but that does not mean that localised areas, for example the earth, cannot become less disorganised provided that some place else is increasing entropy suitably to balance the localised decrease (i.e. the sun).
    The entire system according to your reasoning was a dot of matter, which is now the entire universe, and by your reasoning the enitre universe now is more run down that your dot of matter was.

You honestly think that you'll get away with saying that life is more disorganised than a chemical soup?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 23:04
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The entire system according to your reasoning was a dot of matter, which is now the entire universe, and by your reasoning the enitre universe now is more run down that your dot of matter was.

You honestly think that you'll get away with saying that life is more disorganised than a chemical soup?
    I never said that, and it is not my contention. The singularity that created the universe was not a "dot of matter". It was nothing that can be described by any language that we possess, but it certainly was no "dot of matter".
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 23:05
    Explain to me
    If it has a boundary, that suggests something outside it. Please, illuminate me as to what is "outside" the universe, and what evidence you have for it?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 23:173 edits
    If it has a boundary, that suggests something outside it. Please, illuminate me as to what is "outside" the universe, and what evidence you have for it?
    Well for one you are describing a boundary, your use of time for example. If something isn't bound to or by time, is it part of the universe as you have been describing it? If the very forces you insist are being applied to all things within the universe do not apply to something within our universe doesn't that mean that it isn't apart of the universe as you have been describing it? If time is nothing but a force or power within the universe and it is wrapped up in all things in our universe, anything not bound by time would be, outside of the universe as you have been promoting all things relative.
    Kelly 🙂
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 00:02
    The increasing Inflation rate.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 00:05
    The increasing Inflation rate.
    That doesn't mean that there is anything "outside".
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 00:12
    That doesn't mean that there is anything "outside".
    you asked for evidence, I gave you some.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 00:42
    you asked for evidence, I gave you some.
    But its not evidence of anything "outside" the universe.

Logically, how can you have anything outside the universe?
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 00:45
    But its not evidence of anything "outside" the universe.

Logically, how can you have anything outside the universe?
    That depends on your definition of universe.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 01:09
    That depends on your definition of universe.
    Oh btw here's my universe:

Consider the infinite universe simply as a loop space and our big bang universe as a fiber bundle of knots contained inside it, with no limit on the size of the universe ,or the number of big bangs.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 01:27
    Oh btw here's my universe:

Consider the infinite universe simply as a loop space and our big bang universe as a fiber bundle of knots contained inside it, with no limit on the size of the universe ,or the number of big bangs.
    Which is opinion, since there can be no evidence of anything outside the universe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree