1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 10:20
    @sonship said
    Your slanders that Lee was a charlatan are lies. Sitting under your religious education curriculum is cheating listeners from believing and receiving the living God.
    Ghost of a Duke is an admirable and interesting contributor to this forum. He is not "cheating" anyone. That is your narcissistic internet persona talking. Nobody is stopping "listeners" here from listening to you and from believing the same things as you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 10:291 edit
    @sonship said
    Maybe this explains something of your jealousy or resentment at a faithful teacher of the word of God. You seem intent to slander one with genuine revelation from God and not just objective religious knowledge.
    "Jealousy" "Resentment"? Watch out, KellyJay will be condemning you for projecting motivations onto Ghost of a Duke.

"Slander"? Are you trying to frame Ghost of a Duke's expression of a different perspective from you as some kind of morally unsound act?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 10:463 edits
    A true teacher of the New Testament wrote a book The Experience of Life.

It patiently directs Christian readers through the stages of development from spiritual infancy to maturity.

Unfortunately but typically, Ghost, claiming he's qualified to teach Christian religion, calls such a faithful and experienced servant of God a charlatan.

So be it. So as not to waste the space, some of you readers should look at the table of contents of this logically laid out primer on how to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ.

The Experience of Life by Witness Lee

The Experience of Life
    CONTENTS

The First Stage—in Christ
    1. Regeneration
    2. Clearance of the Past

The Second Stage—Abiding in Christ
    3. Consecration
    4. Dealing with Sins
    5. Dealing with the World
    6. Dealing with the Conscience
    7. Obeying the Teaching of the Anointing
    8. Knowing the Will of God

The Third Stage—Christ Living in Me
    9. Dealing with the Flesh
    10. Dealing with the Self
    11. Dealing with the Natural Constitution
    12. Accepting the Discipline of the Holy Spirit
    13. Dealing with the Spirit
    14. Being Filled with the Holy Spirit

The Fourth Stage—Christ’s Full Growth in Us
    15. Knowing the Body
    16. Knowing the Ascension
    17. Reigning
    18. Spiritual Warfare
    19. Full of the Stature of Christ

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=1DA0

This is one of the most spiritually practical books I ever read on how to get into the living in Christ both individually and corporately. But I have not finished it. I first stated it in 1974.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 12:33
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not trying to tell you what laws are real, my question to you was not about what is real was it? What I asked you was if you were driving faster than the speed limit, a real law, and you didn't know would that be an acceptable excuse for not obeying it.

You are really fighting actually having a conversation here! I have read Witness Lee, I have seen others talk about ...[text shortened]... h would explain why you are getting insulting when you are questioned about this thing your pushing.
    I provided you with a direct quote from Lee that has him describe man as the fourth person of the trinity. For whatever reason, you seem unable to respond to this quote and would rather insinuate I am putting words in Lee's mouth.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 12:41
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

[quote] Indeed. I did Religious Studies at A level and enjoyed the discussions it generated. (Despite, or perhaps due to, my atheism). At the time this inspired me to make teaching RS a career choice, and even now I am only 1 year away from being a qualified teacher. (A PGCE course). It was only during my degree that I changed my mind about being a teacher ...[text shortened]... ur religious education curriculum is cheating listeners from believing and receiving the living God.
    I could study history without becoming a member of Henry VIII's court, and still derive academic learning from my studies. That you do not think this is possible when studying theology is profoundly naïve.

Jealously is certainly not a feeling that Lee generates in me. The same goes for Joseph Smith or Charles Russell.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:053 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I could study history without becoming a member of Henry VIII's court, and still derive academic learning from my studies. That you do not think this is possible when studying theology is profoundly naïve.

Jealously is certainly not a feeling that Lee generates in me. The same goes for Joseph Smith or Charles Russell.

You religious studies degree is as worthless to the spiritual progress of a Christian as used toilet paper. Good for flushing down the toilet, and nothing else.

If you want to show off some objective knowledge about history of dogma, politics or religion, that might be interesting.

The Life Studies from the Christian man you slander are just that - helps to assist Christians to increase in spiritual life. And they surely do.

To that end, your education, by which you propose to misinterpret and slander a servant of God as a charlatan, is pitifully useless.

I'm sure of it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:152 edits
    Hank Hannagraf critiques the criticism that Lee teaches believers are God.
    He shows what qualifying statements by Witness Lee purposely are left out by the critics.

Only three minutes of rebuttal needed.

YouTube
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:20
    @sonship said

You religious studies degree is as worthless to the spiritual progress of a Christian as used toilet paper. Good for flushing down the toilet, and nothing else.

If you want to show off some objective knowledge about history of dogma, politics or religion, that might be interesting.

The Life Studies from the Christian man you slander are just that ...[text shortened]... misinterpret and slander a servant of God as a charlatan, is pitifully useless.

I'm sure of it.
    We call that degree envy.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:262 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    We call that degree envy.

"We" can call it whatever "we" want.

There was more consecration in the single hearted dedicated serving life of brother Witness Lee in his mid twenties then you probably ever will attain on into and past middle age.

You haven't even gotten STARTED yet - atheist.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:30
    @sonship said

I'm sure of it.
    You repeatedly say 'I'm sure of it' but rather suspect you have not been sure of anything in your entire life.

Perhaps a theology degree is what 'you' need, one that explores religion outside of your little toxic bubble.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:352 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Perhaps a theology degree is what 'you' need, one that explores religion outside of your little toxic bubble.

Perhaps not.

If you had produced a paper as a freshman, quote mining and NEGLECTING qualifying statements as you did, any decent professor should have given you an F for such sloppy "research."

Please don't hold your breath while waiting for me to be impressed with your religious studies degree making you an expert on the Lord's receovery.

Only three minutes of rebuttal needed.

YouTube
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:39
    @sonship said

Please don't hold your breath while waiting for me to be impressed with your religious studies degree making you an expert on the Lord's receovery.
    Well, it certainly enabled me to spell 'recovery.'
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:412 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You repeatedly say 'I'm sure of it' but rather suspect you have not been sure of anything in your entire life.

Another thing your religious study studies never taught you about - "the teaching of the anointing".

No one with any experience could teach you about First John probably.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:431 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Well, it certainly enabled me to spell 'recovery.'

Good. One down - 50,000 to go.

RECOVERY - I must have made a typo.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:48
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Another thing your religious study studies never taught you about - "the teaching of the anointing".

No one with any experience could teach you about First John probably.
    Apologies sir. I was unaware that you were privy to the contents of my studies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree